Question about boondocking

C&MCurrie

Is it permissible on this forum to offer up our driveway for a couple of overnight stays to fellow Oliver owners who might be traveling through our area?  We are contemplating being hosts on Boondockers Welcome but haven’t committed yet.  We have a large driveway with 30 amp rv receptacle and water, and live 2 miles from an awesome beach. 

• Like 7

2021 Legacy Elite I , Hull #765

2021 Chevrolet Silverado 3.0 Diesel 

Navarre, Fl

• Moderators

It's perfectly permissible, and very kind of you. Others have done the same.

Please do not post personal details, just a general area,and let people pm you. Then, you can exchange emails, phone numbers,  etc.

You don't want your address picked up on the www. 

One of my favorite  "campsites" ever was the driveway of Aussie friends we met in the Blue Mountains of NSW, who knew we were taking the ferry to Tasmania in a few weeks. Their home was not far from the Tasmania ferry landing. We brought snacks, beer, and,  in the morning coffee. We stopped again on the way out of Tasmania,  and brought a few  small gifts, had coffee, and moved on to Hobart. 

We're still in touch several times a year. They are truly treasured friends. We have hoped to host them in our home, but Covid had placed many restrictions on the Aussies, particularly.  

When my grand nephew was in first grade, they did the "Flat Stanley" thing. We mailed his flat Stanley to Tasmania, and Kevin and Jen took a photo of flat Stanley in Stanley, Tasmania. 😀 It was a big hit with our grand nephew's first grade friends, and Flat Stanley's airfare was quite reasonable, as he fit in an envelope. 😅

• Like 7

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

We've been fortunate to meet really nice people,  everywhere in the world we've camped . I feel very blessed.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

On 7/27/2022 at 8:19 PM, SeaDawg said:

It's perfectly permissible, and very kind of you. Others have done the same.

Please do not post personal details, just a general area,and let people pm you. Then, you can exchange emails, phone numbers,  etc.

You don't want your address picked up on the www. 

One of my favorite  "campsites" ever was the driveway of Aussie friends we met in the Blue Mountains of NSW, who knew we were taking the ferry to Tasmania in a few weeks. Their home was not far from the Tasmania ferry landing. We brought snacks, beer, and,  in the morning coffee. We stopped again on the way out of Tasmania,  and brought a few  small gifts, had coffee, and moved on to Hobart. 

We're still in touch several times a year. They are truly treasured friends. We have hoped to host them in our home, but Covid had placed many restrictions on the Aussies, particularly.  

When my grand nephew was in first grade, they did the "Flat Stanley" thing. We mailed his flat Stanley to Tasmania, and Kevin and Jen took a photo of flat Stanley in Stanley, Tasmania. 😀 It was a big hit with our grand nephew's first grade friends, and Flat Stanley's airfare was quite reasonable, as he fit in an envelope. 😅

My brother in law is a golf course architect and is currently in Hobart building a course. Beautiful place!

• Like 1

2022 Oliver Elite II Hull#1047 "Saunter"

2014 VW Touareg TDI

ALAZILINKSMIMONVNMNCOHSCTNTXVAsm.jpg

On 7/27/2022 at 8:19 PM, SeaDawg said:

Wow, that brought back memories! Youngest daughter had her own Flat Stanley, like your grand nephew. But our eldest daughter had a similar project where they sent around a stuffed animal with photos of it in different places. That one ended up on a float with our daughter and John Glenn for a facility naming ceremony, and then onto the International Space Station. That was the highlight of her year, and made the local news and then AP affiliates covered it.

Thanks for the flashback!

• Love 1

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg