Lectric Bikes

The lightest model is 36 L x 16 W x 27 H inches. Any regular bin big enough to hold one will be impossible to get through the entry door. Unless perhaps Lectric makes a hard transport bin in a special narrow width, just for their bike. You still have the problems of how to secure them when towing, and how to walk around them when stopped for a quick break. The center isle of an LE2 is less than 2 feet wide😳

Those are Class 2 (manual throttle), are you aware of the possible limitations of where you can or cannot legally ride them? The single speed drivetrain is not a good thing. You need multiple gears to help climb steep hills and to not deplete the tiny battery so fast. For dead flat bike trails it would be adequate. If you are allowed to ride on them at all.

https://lectricebikes.com/collections/xp-lite-series/products/xp-lite-arctic-white

Email their customer service rep, ask if they know of a case like this that their bikes will fit into:

CASE - Bagi Bike B16 Hard Shell Folding Bike Case

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

I have Lectric bikes.  For the money, they're hard to beat.  I ride them in the hilly terrain of southeastern AZ and I can go about 20 miles or so without issue.  I have not found a bin large enough to fit 2 Lectric bikes and still fit into a trailer.  I haven't gotten my Oliver yet but they wouldn't fit in my Lance.  I have ended up transporting them in the bed of the truck bungee corded in place.  Not ideal but it works.  Also, don't forget your bike keys and charger when you take them...I've done both and ended up transporting the bikes for nothing 😄

• Like 4

Southern Arizona | 2021 Ford F-150 | 2023 Oliver Elite II | Hull # 1319 | Delivery 3 Jan 2023

AZCALAMSNMTNTXsm.jpg

Check the Lectric forum at 

https://electricbikereview.com/forums/forum/lectric-ebikes/

Somebody there will have the answer to your storage bin question. You have to register to post, it takes moderator approval and may take a day or two.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Hello, We have Lectric folding ebikes and love them! They are a great bang for your bike, we’ve had ours a little over a year with no issues. We’ve transported them in the back seat area (not folded) as well as the bed of our truck (folded). You can also fold them and put each one in a 40 gallon Commander Tote bin (from Lowes). There are several posts about transporting Lectrics on the Lectric owners FB page. 

• Like 4

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

9 hours ago, Katjo said:

You can also fold them and put each one in a 40 gallon Commander Tote bin (from Lowes). 

That bin is roughly 38”x22”, could you get two into your Ollie, with bikes inside? Will they fit end to end in the center aisle? It seems as if it might be possible but not easy… or practical as a long term solution.

I don’t know the weight rating for their top and sides, could two loaded ones stack on top of each other in a truck bed?

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 2

You wouldn’t be able to stack them because they don’t fit flush inside the bin, they stick up over the top of the bin, but I think they would fit end to end in the aisle since the aisle is 2ft wide and the bin is 22”.  I agree, long term it’s not a practical solution because the bikes are quite heavy (63lbs) each and somewhat awkward to fold up. 
This is not my photo, it’s just to show you how the 2 bikes fit in the 40 gallon Commander  totes. 

72D417B8-FE82-43C0-A56E-21D274D1E71D.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

We have the Rad Mimi folding ebikes, don't know how they compare in size to the Lectric ebikes, but I would think the sizes are pretty close in size. I would think storing them in the trailer in there folded position would be just about impossible and getting them in and out would be just as equally impossible. We did carry them in the pickup bed folded at first, but found in was much easier to leave them unfolded and just lower the handlebars and fold the pedals in. In there folded possession they are somewhat hard to handle, just bulky. I also wouldn't recommend them on a bicycle carrier either, would be too heavy for most of them. I will say this, they are fun to ride and the battery life is long on the Rad's, just adds to the camping fun.

trainman 

DSCN4278.JPG

DSCN4279.JPG

• Like 3

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

On 7/31/2022 at 1:06 PM, Katjo said:

You wouldn’t be able to stack them because they don’t fit flush inside the bin, they stick up over the top of the bin, but I think they would fit end to end in the aisle since the aisle is 2ft wide and the bin is 22”.  I agree, long term it’s not a practical solution because the bikes are quite heavy (63lbs) each and somewhat awkward to fold up. 
This is not my photo, it’s just to show you how the 2 bikes fit in the 40 gallon Commander  totes. 

72D417B8-FE82-43C0-A56E-21D274D1E71D.jpeg

How big are those bins? Will they fit through the Ollie door?

2 hours ago, Katjo said:

The 40 gallon bin is approx 38” x  22” so it should fit through the door. 

“Should” does not mean “will”, you could certainly get it in vertically, but will it go in with a bike inside, horizontally (make the turn into the center aisle), without jamming or scratching any gelcoat? Maybe some owners would be OK with loading the bin and the ebike separately, but that method is not appealing to me. 

Can you try sliding it in, and then turning it, as if it were full?

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 1

• Moderators

I measured my 2008 door, and the opening between the interior flanges with the seal are a strong 22 1/16. I'd try it with an empty bin first.

Our pinch-point  in an elite I is the shower wall to the microwave/fridge cabinet. We had to get above the ledge of the fridge space to bring in our Truckfridge tf130, without removing the shower wall. That space is only 21 and a scant 1/16" wide. The lower space is narrower,, because of the fridge..

You have more space in a 2, but I don't know how much more. The tf130 weighs about the same as an lectric bike, (64 pounds), and I can tell you it was not simple to avoid scratching something, making the turn, up that high, with two people, one inside, one walking up the steps and guaging the distance. Very awkward. Not something I'd want to do on a routine basis. And, those commander bins won't fit under the bed, even empty, in our Elite.

Maybe someone with a 2 could measure both spaces? I know it wouldn't work for me.

Another thought, if the bins go in empty, you might be able to walk the bike though the door and walk it up inside on the back tire, with pedals folded, and complete the folding process in the trailer. My brother has to do this in his small condo elevator,, with a non-folding bike. How wide are the handlebars?

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.