Hull 1182 - The adventure begins

Picked up Hull 1182 on 7/22 after almost 9 1/2 long months, but who is counting.  First night at the mothership. Long hot day!! The AC didn't seem loud at first, probably just glad to be able to get out of the heat, lol. I can' t say enough about the Oliver Service folks and Oliver for putting in a campground right there for us. We moved from the delivery area to the Oliver Campground and when we went to put the front Jack down it would not come down. I walked back over to ask one of service folks what I was doing wrong, they checked it and then they immediately replaced the front jack. Camped next to a wonderful couple from Texas, the Sparks.

649224454_oliver4.jpg.47355d720f4de06eb78ddfe84ebf6a60.jpg

We went from there for a night at Davey Crockett, wonderful campground and just stayed one night. Then off to a COE campground near Booneville MS called Piney Grove Recreation Area. I was able to find a spot right on the water for Shawna, Bay Springs Lake. The campground was really nice and the hosts were wonderful. 

992816958_oliver5.jpg.e19ca7ceb3088fc468d19edadab5f6e4.jpg

878398830_oliver6.jpg.645fcb79fcb8dddd8cac707b6d7af0a8.jpg

The humidity took a little getting used to, we ate lunch the first day inside the Ollie.

265189705_oliver1.jpg.550fa3cad33e0ae4739852d19c00bc15.jpg

Sorry for the Picture quality but it was dusk with iphone.  Just wanted you to get an idea of what we had to endure lol.

On our way back home we stopped at the mothership to pick up an entry rug Shawna saw and I asked them to look at the Anderson for me, I thought something was wrong. It turns out it failed and we didn't notice it until we stopped for gas on the way back towards Hohenwald. Oliver Service quickly replaced the ball, sorry I don't have any pics of the failed piece, and we were good to go.

Back in Ohio now, This is our first RV of any kind and we are new to all this. We could not be happier with our Ollie and with Oliver.

We are planning our next trip in a couple weeks.

Looking forward to next year's rally and a chance to meet everyone, space already reserved.

• Like 11

Vincent, Ohio | 2022 Elite ll, Hull #1182, 2014 Ford F150 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Towing PKG

ALKYMSOHTNWVsm.jpg

• Moderators

Congratulations on your new Ollie, and thanks for the photos.

Looking forward to hearing about your next adventures. Safe travels!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Congrats and welcome to the family.   Remember....   A/C Fan on LOW....    Heat... Fan on AUTO.    Happy camping. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Gregg & Donna Scott and Missy the Westie  -    The Flying Sea Turtle - Hull # 145     Western NC

CTDEGAMDMANHNJNYNCPASCTNVAxlg.jpg

Congrats on your new Oliver!! Wishing you many happy miles and smiles exploring!

Happy Camping!!!
-Patriot

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

Hi Shawna and Scott! 
Congratulations! I enjoyed your photos.  Good luck on your travels.  We get our E2 December. 
Kirk

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

21 hours ago, Kirk Peterson said:

Hi Shawna and Scott! 
Congratulations! I enjoyed your photos.  Good luck on your travels.  We get our E2 December. 
Kirk

Kirk,

I recommend that you take an IPad or something similar and video alot of the delivery day. They go over so much that day. Ours took 3 hours and we were able to go back that first evening and get some answers to questions that came up from the video. As others on here will tell you watch all the videos and read all you can on the oliver university site and I agree 100%. We got a hard copy of the manuals on delivery day also.  

Congrats on a really nice Christmas present !!!

• Like 1

Vincent, Ohio | 2022 Elite ll, Hull #1182, 2014 Ford F150 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Towing PKG

ALKYMSOHTNWVsm.jpg

4 minutes ago, Shawna and Scott said:

I recommend that you take an IPad or something similar and video a lot of the delivery day. They go over so much that day. Ours took 3 hours and we were able to go back that first evening and get some answers to questions that came up from the video. As others on here will tell you watch all the videos and read all you can on the oliver university site and I agree 100%. We got a hard copy of the manuals on delivery day also.  

Thanks for the suggestion! We will definitely record the information given on delivery day. 

Kirk

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305