No power

MnG KY

just unplugged from shore power. Herd some beeping alarms. Lots of weird numbers flashing on the sea-level ll tank monitor.

xantrix is blank.

We assumed our lithium batteries were fully charged after being on shore power for 2 days.

I think this whole inverter etc is just too complicated for me. 

there is no reason any owner should have to ynderstand this. 

I assumed this syst was idiot proof. It is not.

1659292766036305121225509002321.jpg

George and Melinda Pierce

2022 EII hull 1171, 2021 Ford 150 Hybrid with Pro Power OnboardARILINKYMOOKTNTXWIsm.jpg.7e6a430ac6dab72f4414d0a39dc0cc8f.jpg

It's Sunday, no assistance. 

Any knowledgeable owners want to contact hull 1171, George and Melinda Pierce, call 859-230-6058.

Hull 1171 EII. F150 Hybrid 2021.

Edited by MnG KY
Add hull # and TV

2022 EII hull 1171, 2021 Ford 150 Hybrid with Pro Power OnboardARILINKYMOOKTNTXWIsm.jpg.7e6a430ac6dab72f4414d0a39dc0cc8f.jpg

VERY FRUSTRATED.
on shore power EVERYTHING works...
Zamp shows full battery. Xantrex Freedom x shows full batteries.  
Disconnect and nothing works. No display on Xantrex, Zamp display flashing all around from14.5 to 6.7 
Any ideas out there?

• Moderators

I'm not familiar enough with your system to help any other way than bumping your post, and asking if you've checked to see if you tripped the gfci.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

And, ill add this quote from your status update:

Thank you. Shore power EVERY THING works. Freedom x display shows full battery charge. Zamp controller shows full charged batteries. 

Remove from shore power...Freedom x goes black... and have no power.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Since everything works connected to shore power, can you stay another day where you are?

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Moderators

I merged your two posts,,so folks who have your system can see your photos.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

• Moderators

Unfortunately,  none of the newer tech, even victron, is that easily learned. Phone apps help, but it requires study,,and learning. 

My boat is more complicated than my trailer. Someday,  it would be "nice" to have the same systems in both, but, that's a monetary investment. 

Hang in there. You'll figure it out. 

Hoping weather is decent,  wherever you are.

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

As always, post your hull number and model in a signature in every post…. preferably your tow vehicle info too. Do not assume that we all know what you own. Otherwise we have to look at your profile page to see if it is there… These trailers change constantly from year to year, and you are very correct, the technology is not at all intuitive if something does not work correctly.

Once we know what systems you have, somebody can assist. Off the top of my bald head, I suspect there is a problem with the transfer switch, which is supposed to seamlessly bring your batteries online as soon as you unplug from shore power.

EDIT - The latest Xantrex inverter has a built in transfer switch. (My five year old one is a separate relay.) So either that inverter function failed (a defective unit):, or the batteries are not in fact charged (check the voltage with a hand volt meter.) That is far as I can go with this problem because I don’t have this system….

Good luck.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

When you talk to service tomorrow, they'll probably recommend that you turn on and off all the breakers and switches and things. Go under the streetside bed, look for the two red button switches, hit the button to open the circuit, then close them again and see if that helps. That should reset the inverter.

Also, once before when my Xantrex "died", i was able to bring it back to life by plugging into shorepower. Maybe try connecting and disconnecting a couple times from your shore power.

• Like 2

2021 Elite II #841, 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4, 3.0 diesel

I'm a bit confused by the information in this thread.  Does the 12v system (lights, pump, fans, tv, etc.) work when on shore power but not when disconnected from shore power?  That would be bizzare imho.  If there is a short in the 12v connections (seems likely from your description of problems plus the SHT message on the See Level monitor) I wouldn't expect shore power to fix that.  It would also be an interesting data point to push the button on the Xantrex remote "in" so that the inverter would try to work without shore power (the pic you sent has the Xantrex button "off" or out).  To try this, push the Xantrex button in while on shore power then disconnect and see if anything works (12v and 120v).

Good luck - electrical issues can be frustrating but as others on this forum have mentioned, it's almost always a loose ground somewhere.

More details and info may help the many knowledgeable owners help you.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

States Visited Map

2020 Elite II, Hull 688 --- 2021 Silverado 2500HD, 6.6L Duramax Diesel

• Moderators

I had one occasion where I unplugged from shore power and everything went dead.  None of the 12V things worked.  I rubbed my chin for a few seconds and knowing my batteries were good I checked my circuit breaker box - all good, then I checked under the dinette seat where I have one of those big breakers with the little arm that pops out - sure enough it was out.  I reset that breaker and, voila, lights appeared.  Mike

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

40 minutes ago, Mike and Carol said:

I had one occasion where I unplugged from shore power and everything went dead.  None of the 12V things worked.  I rubbed my chin for a few seconds and knowing my batteries were good I checked my circuit breaker box - all good, then I checked under the dinette seat where I have one of those big breakers with the little arm that pops out - sure enough it was out.  I reset that breaker and, voila, lights appeared.  Mike

On that occasion, that big 12V breaker must have popped right when you unplugged from shore power, which is odd but possible since the inverter is connected to both 120V and 12V.  The 120V and 12V systems are independent of each other.  For example, I know on my trailer, if I pop the 12V breaker with shore power attached, all my 12V stops working but everything plugged into the 120V outlets and the A/C keep working via the 120V passthrough from the inverter.  On the other hand, if I unplug my shore power all my 120V stop working (unless I have my inverter set up to invert of course) while the 12V works just fine.

That's why this problem that @MnG KYis having is so strange to me.  Whether you are plugged into 120V shore power or not has nothing to do with the 12V system, which is plugged into the batteries.

• Like 2

States Visited Map

18 hours ago, MnG KY said:

VERY FRUSTRATED.
on shore power EVERYTHING works...
Zamp shows full battery. Xantrex Freedom x shows full batteries.  
Disconnect and nothing works. No display on Xantrex, Zamp display flashing all around from14.5 to 6.7 
Any ideas out there?

As one who takes delivery of an Elite II in November, I am keenly interested in the solution to your electrical issues.  I expect  Oliver's Service Department is now available by phone (Monday morning at 9:00 a.m. CDT).  1-888-526-3978.  Once you find an answer, please post it on this thread.

• Like 2

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

• Moderators
2 hours ago, NCeagle said:

On that occasion, that big 12V breaker must have popped right when you unplugged from shore power, which is odd but possible since the inverter is connected to both 120V and 12V.  The 120V and 12V systems are independent of each other.  For example, I know on my trailer, if I pop the 12V breaker with shore power attached, all my 12V stops working but everything plugged into the 120V outlets and the A/C keep working via the 120V passthrough from the inverter.  On the other hand, if I unplug my shore power all my 120V stop working (unless I have my inverter set up to invert of course) while the 12V works just fine.

That's why this problem that @MnG KYis having is so strange to me.  Whether you are plugged into 120V shore power or not has nothing to do with the 12V system, which is plugged into the batteries.

My example was probably not the best due to the age of my trailer.  My inverter is off 99% of the time (Xantrex 2000) and I don’t have an on board surge protection unit (I use the dangly one at the power pole).  I was just trying to show that sometimes what seems major issue might only be a flip of a switch or breaker.  Mike

• Like 3

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Hope we have not destroyed the batteries. First of three should be fully charged within the hour, then I guess it rotates the #2, then #3.

If you get/have the lithium batteries make SURE you download the app. The solar Zamp readout showed it was charging when it was not since the batteries were not on

• Moderators

If the batteries were not on they should be okay.  Whatever charge they had when turned off should be close to what they are now.  Just charge them up and you should be okay.  I turn my batteries off when we’re home and they do fine.

Modern lithium batteries have internal protection, part of their BMS (Battery Management System), that turns them off before they get so low that damage can occur. Running them to the absolute zero point could damage them, but it should not happen. So unless one is faulty, they should be fine. SOME lithium batteries, like Victron, do not have a BMS - they are not a wise investment for an RV. I hope you figure out how they got turned off. I am sure it won’t happen again.

Have you stepped into a puddle of water in the bathroom yet? Every Ollie owner does that, one time, after forgetting to open the gray tank vent valve (aka travel valve). If you are unlucky, you will do it while wearing socks, so you have to go change them. A new RV has a steep learning curve. Hang in there.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

17 hours ago, MnG KY said:

Turns out our lithium batteries were not on or charged.

Not sure how that happened. 

Ah, that makes sense now - the batteries must have been at a few percent when the See Level sensor was showing a short (low voltage).

I've accidently run my Lithiums down to zero a few times and they are still fine.  As @John E Davies mentioned, the BMS is there to protect and Oliver doesn't put lithiums without a BMS into it's trailers that I know of.

Hopefully you have figured out why your batteries weren't charging?  There's a physical breaker between the batteries and the inverter as well as inverter software  settings, like the Charger Ignition Control not being set to "off", for example, that will also disable the charger function.

Lots to learn, but it really does get easier as you gain experience.  If you understand how the major systems work at a high level, you will be able to enjoy the trailer and have confidence you can resolve (most) issues that pop up when you are camping, etc.  Good free videos online.  I also camped next to a couple last year that made $ traveling to specific campsites to teach RV owners the ropes of owning an RV.  Really lots of good options including this forum!

Take your time... and enjoy the ride!

• Like 4

States Visited Map

On a recent trip I had the misfortune of draining my Lithionics down to the point where BMS shut them off. At a campsite without electric I was running refrigerator on propane and ran out of propane. This switched fridge to DC and depleted the batteries overnight (they were already low do to cloudy weather). That left me with the "fun" task of hand-cranking the jacks up which of course was in a torrential rain storm. As others have said, hang in there. Leverage this forum and online videos to get comfortable with trailer functionality. There's a lot of technology in these Ollies!

• Like 3

2022 Oliver Elite II Hull#1047 "Saunter"

2014 VW Touareg TDI

ALAZILINKSMIMONVNMNCOHSCTNTXVAsm.jpg