Truma water heater code

• Moderators

Asking for a friend, who is  camped with limited bandwidth. (I don't have a truma)

Wh error code seems to indicate no or limited gas supply, but fridge and stove work fine. Truma tries to ignite,,but won't light off. (He can hear it try.)

Suggestions? Any of you had this happen?

Thank you.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• The title was changed to Truma water heater code

This may or may not be relevant to the current situation.

In May I encountered a problem with our Truma Water Heater, which would not startup following a period of storage.  

See: 

In our case, I don't recall hearing any indication from the Truma Water Heater that it was trying to light.  The link above includes instructions which resolved the issue.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

spacer.pngNorth Texas | 2022 LEII, Hull #990, delivered 2/17/22 | 2014 BMW X5 35d

• Moderators

Thank you, @dhaig. I'll pass that on.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

“Limited bandwidth” here up in NE Maine looking to enter Canada. HOWEVER Truma WH has stopped working. 

WH ISSUE (stove & refrigerator work just fine on Gas)

I did an exchange at local Blue Rhino last night. When we returned to the trlr I hooked up full tank. 
Went thru the process of firing off WH. I could hear it go thru 3 (electronic ignition click) cycles of trying to ignite, but no Flame. 
The error code displayed is 7 shorts 1 long, which is "flame not detected" error because flame was not detected after release of gas and ignition. 
Earlier in our trip all worked as required. Up here in Maine we did smell a bit of gas when firing off WH a couple of times, however when we looked for the source it had dissipated, and WH did fire off. Now we get no flame at all.
Recommendation is to contact Truma Service near me. 
1) Is there anything under C/S bed that I can look for that would be part of user due diligence?
We are hesitant to go into and across Canada with WH not working. And we are not happy with the prospect of having to gimp back home without it. Heating water on the stove as we need it is not a big deal, just a PITR. 
Not defeated just challenged and we will work thru it. 

Bryan (Scrambled), Maggie (SNYSDUP) & Willis (Kamper Kat)  

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg

I second the recommendation to contact a Truma authorized service provider.  One such provider was key to resolving the problem I encountered with Truma WH not starting up.  I would pursue phone and/or email contact w/Truma service provider before traveling to wherever the closest provider is located.  Given your relatively remote location in NE Maine, the nearest service provider may be far away.

I do not know of anything specific to check on the Truma WH accessible via under bed hatches.  I assume you have verified it has power.  Good Luck

Don

• Thanks 1

spacer.pngNorth Texas | 2022 LEII, Hull #990, delivered 2/17/22 | 2014 BMW X5 35d

I have no idea, but if you can’t get this corrected, be sure to shut off the heater gas valve! One Oliver owner had a catastrophic Truma failure with a nasty little fire. When in doubt, shut it down completely, including tripping the breaker and fuse(s). Good luck.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

21 minutes ago, SNY SD UP said:

JD, 

where is the valve to shut off WH gas flow. 
near unit under CS bed. 

No idea, I don’t have a Truma. It should be close to the unit, look for the copper gas line. It may be outside, Your Ollie options manual should show it.

FYI it is prudent to know where all the gas valves are located!

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

2 hours ago, John E Davies said:

No idea, I don’t have a Truma. It should be close to the unit, look for the copper gas line. It may be outside, Your Ollie options manual should show it.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Does anyone know if there is a propane shutoff between the tanks and the WH. I Am not seeing/finding one under C/S bed. And have found no reference in “manuals” as to shutoff between tanks & WH. 

BTW - furnace (refrigerator & stove) also function with propane. Only Truma WH is impacted. 

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg

The water heater itself has an internal shutoff valve, so when you turn "off" the truma switch outside this valve cuts off gas.
The only other shutoffs are the ones on the front tanks.

CS  Hull 505 with Truma on board.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 3

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg

• Moderators
8 hours ago, John E Davies said:

I have a Truma WH and the manual does not show a gas cutoff for it and I looked and didn’t find one in the trailer either.  Since the 2017 manual does not show a gas shutoff anywhere, I assume the Suburban WH does not have one either.  Can you verify that?

Mossey

• Thanks 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”