Elite I inverter location

C&MCurrie

I want to install a 1200w inverter in my Elite I. Can’t seem to find enough room under the bench access panels near batteries. Where does the factory install the optional Xantrex inverter during construction in the smaller Elite I?

2021 Legacy Elite I , Hull #765

2021 Chevrolet Silverado 3.0 Diesel 

Navarre, Fl

• Moderators

We used to have a small 1000 watt inverter, under the rear dinette seat, for a few years. It was very tight, with all the other electronics in there.

After we went to tablets and smart phones, got rid of it. We only used it to plug in our laptops. 

We find no need for an inverter. No microwave.  If we need 110 for tools, we bring out the genset.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

OTT installed a Xantrex 2000W inverter in The Wonder Egg (#14) on my pickup day.  I was waiting in the lounge, when Daniel Oliver walked in with one still in the box and he said they'd be offering it as an option soon.  When I asked if I could  have it installed in my trailer they said "Sure!"  (Back when things were a bit more fluid). So they pulled the trailer into the workshop for a 3 hour installation.

It's nestled in the street side corner of the rear cabinet.  This makes for the shortest run of the very thick cables to the battery.  In order to fish the large cables between the hulls, it required removal of the rear window to help them gain access of the inter-wall space on the rear street side corner.  It is very easy to reach the on/off switch.  It was worth the three hour delay.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• Moderators
35 minutes ago, bugeyedriver said:

OTT installed a Xantrex 2000W inverter in The Wonder Egg (#14) on my pickup day.  I was waiting in the lounge, when Daniel Oliver walked in with one still in the box and he said they'd be offering it as an option soon.  When I asked if I could  have it installed in my trailer they said "Sure!"  (Back when things were a bit more fluid). So they pulled the trailer into the workshop for a 3 hour installation.

It's nestled in the street side corner of the rear cabinet.  This makes for the shortest run of the very thick cables to the battery.  In order to fish the large cables between the hulls, it required removal of the rear window to help them gain access of the inter-wall space on the rear street side corner.  It is very easy to reach the on/off switch.  It was worth the three hour delay.

Which cabinet, Pete? Upper?

I personally wouldn't put an inverter in an upper cabinet.  Potential for leaks there is higher than under the seats or bed. Imo.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

Which cabinet, Pete? Upper?

I personally wouldn't put an inverter in an upper cabinet.  Potential for leaks there is higher than under the seats or bed. Imo.

Yes, upper storage cabinet.  Dry as can be for 14 years so far. (knock on wood)

• Like 3

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

Well, I explored the possibility of installing my inverter in the rear upper corner as Oliver does, but wasn’t comfortable with that location. So, after some rearranging of wiring, I managed to make a suitable area for it to be mounted below the dinette seating. It will power a dedicated outlet under the bed. I don’t plan on using it much, but as the say it’s better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it. 
6EA81450-D3E1-43FE-A5D0-FA65AE5711F4.thumb.jpeg.c7f72ecb48a23a79a986de26bf217806.jpegF8EF4263-EEC9-405A-9D4E-0CCC0435ADB1.thumb.jpeg.5dbdc25597452c20fd64dadc8089f198.jpeg

• Like 2

2021 Legacy Elite I , Hull #765

2021 Chevrolet Silverado 3.0 Diesel 

Navarre, Fl