Jump to content

Opportunity for a FREE ZARCOR door window upgrade!


hobo
 Share

Recommended Posts

I was talking to John (owner of ZARCOR) today with a technical question and he advised me they are looking for someone in the Dallas, TX area with a late model (2021 or newer) Oliver Elite so they can install and film one of their very nice door replacement windows.

They will provide the parts and labor free-of-charge for use of the trailer to do the installation video.

Here's an opportunity for a free upgraded window and your trailer will be a star.

Call John at ZARCOR and tell him I sent you over.

Paul 

 

  • Like 2
  • Wow 3

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2018 F250 4X4 Crew Cab, 6.7L diesel

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, hobo said:

I was talking to John (owner of ZARCOR) today with a technical question and he advised me they are looking for someone in the Dallas, TX area with a late model (2021 or newer) Oliver Elite so they can install and film one of their very nice door replacement windows.

They will provide the parts and labor free-of-charge for use of the trailer to do the installation video.

Here's an opportunity for a free upgraded window and your trailer will be a star.

Call John at ZARCOR and tell him I sent you over.

Paul 

 

Paul,
I have done business and spoken with John when I installed my new tinted window and blind, he is a very nice guy and a straight shooter! 👍🏻
Some lucky owner is gonna enjoy their new window and blind! 👍🏻

Patriot

  • Like 5

2020 OLEII - Hull #634   TV -2021 F 350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate “Tremor”

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I’m happy to hear they are going to do a video on installing one on a Oliver. We plan on doing this soon and a video will be so helpful. 

  • Like 3

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This will definitely be my next minor upgrade. Looking forward to seeing outside the door window. Now do I choose clear or tinted? I’m thinking tinted with white blinds. Is there a one way mirror glass available? 

  • Like 4

John & Chris Dehne Manchester, MD.  2021 Elite II twin Hull# 901, 2021 Ram 2500 Cummins 4x4  Life is good.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, John Dehne said:

This will definitely be my next minor upgrade. Looking forward to seeing outside the door window. Now do I choose clear or tinted? I’m thinking tinted with white blinds. Is there a one way mirror glass available? 

We're installing a tinted with white blinds.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

  • Like 4

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2018 F250 4X4 Crew Cab, 6.7L diesel

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, John Dehne said:

This will definitely be my next minor upgrade. Looking forward to seeing outside the door window. Now do I choose clear or tinted? I’m thinking tinted with white blinds. Is there a one way mirror glass available? 

We chose tinted as it matches the rest of the Oliver windows. 👍🏻

  • Like 5

2020 OLEII - Hull #634   TV -2021 F 350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate “Tremor”

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, John Dehne said:

This will definitely be my next minor upgrade. Looking forward to seeing outside the door window. Now do I choose clear or tinted? I’m thinking tinted with white blinds. Is there a one way mirror glass available? 

I think tinted would best match the other windows. 

  • Like 3

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Based on the posting by @hobo, I contacted John Halter, Owner of Zarcor.  We have scheduled installation of a Zarcor window on our 2022 LEII, Hull #990 in August 31.  John is sending me paperwork for the free window and installation.

Following the installation, I plan to post an update with photos, and possibly video of the installation.

My thanks to @hobo for providing the information on this opportunity.

Don

  • Like 7
  • Love 1

North Texas | 2022 LEII, Hull #990, delivered 2/17/22 | 2014 BMW X5 35d

spacer.png

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, dhaig said:

Based on the posting by @hobo, I contacted John Halter, Owner of Zarcor.  We have scheduled installation of a Zarcor window on our 2022 LEII, Hull #990 in August 31.  John is sending me paperwork for the free window and installation.

Following the installation, I plan to post an update with photos, and possibly video of the installation.

My thanks to @hobo for providing the information on this opportunity.

Don

Looking forward to seeing the install video.  Glad I could pass on John's generous offer.  Win/win for everyone.  HOBO

  • Like 2

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2018 F250 4X4 Crew Cab, 6.7L diesel

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, dhaig said:

Based on the posting by @hobo, I contacted John Halter, Owner of Zarcor.  We have scheduled installation of a Zarcor window on our 2022 LEII, Hull #990 in August 31.  John is sending me paperwork for the free window and installation.

Following the installation, I plan to post an update with photos, and possibly video of the installation.

My thanks to @hobo for providing the information on this opportunity.

Don

Don,

That is very cool. Glad you scooped up on the opportunity!
Timing is everything!

-Patriot 🇺🇸

  • Like 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634   TV -2021 F 350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate “Tremor”

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, dhaig said:

Based on the posting by @hobo, I contacted John Halter, Owner of Zarcor.  We have scheduled installation of a Zarcor window on our 2022 LEII, Hull #990 in August 31.  John is sending me paperwork for the free window and installation.

Following the installation, I plan to post an update with photos, and possibly video of the installation.

My thanks to @hobo for providing the information on this opportunity.

Don

Awesome, You are the lucky one !! 

  • Like 1

Sue & Harold

 

Oliver Elite II Twin bed,  Hull #508, Ram 2500

                       IDINIAKYMIMNMTNENDOHSDTNUTWYmed.jpg            

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

 

On Friday, I took our LEII to the Zarcor Solutions facility in Addison, TX (a burb north of Dallas) for installation of a tinted window for our entry door and Zarcor's Closures Shutter Blind and the video recording of the installation.  
 
John Harder, President of Zarcor, had previously sent me a sales receipt showing the cost of the parts as $149.00 and installation labor of $120.00, for a total of $269.00.  The sales receipts also showed a discount of $269.00 for allowing Zarcor to use our trailer to make an installation and sales video.  Thus the cost to me was $0.00.
 
John's team demonstrated their experience by carefully removing the inner trim from our entry door to remove the standard textured glass.  I had previously seen photos posted on the OTT Forum where the fastener tabs which retain the inner trim had been broken during removal.  Javier, the primary installer, carefully inserted the plastic release tabs into the slots around the inner trim.  Several fastener locations could not immediately be released.  Javier's experience became evident as he continued to work the release tabs until all of the fasteners released, undamaged.  The RVLock 4.0 which I had installed post delivery had to be removed to permit access to the slots to free the fasteners on the lower right corner.
 
Once the inner trim was removed, the textured glass was easily removed and the new clear,  tinted glass inserted, with new sealing caulk around inside of the frame.  The outer window trim was not removed, retaining its factory seal.
 
Once the tinted glass was in place the Clozure Shutter blind, consisting of two sheets of acrylic, was fastened to the inside of the glass with small Velcro disks.  Each acrylic sheet is coated with vertical white stripes approximately 3/4" wide, alternating with clear stripes.  The acrylic sheet against the glass is fixed, while the other sheet slides approximately 3/4" left/right to open/close the shutter. Moving the acrylic sheet causes its white stripes to cover the clear areas of the fixed acrylic sheet, preventing light from entering.  A plastic handle attaches to the movable acrylic sheet and rides on two screw mounted glides to move left and right.  The two acrylic sheets which form the shutter are easily removed for cleaning.
 
A minor interference problem was encountered, with the open/close handle not able to move fully due to the position of the RVLock.  Zarcor will modify the handle slightly to eliminate the interference issue and provide a replacement handle.  The entire installation, with video recording, took approximately one and a half hours.
 
We are pleased with the new window and the operable shutter.  We now have visibility through the window in the entry door and a means of controlling entry of light to the cabin.  The tinted window closely matches the other windows in the trailer.  During the day there is little or no visibility into the cabin through the new tinted glass.  At night, with lights on in the cabin, there is some visibility from the outside.  With the shutter closed there is no visibility into the trailer and nearly all light is blocked.
 
Although we have owned the trailer a short time, we quickly learned the textured window admitted a lot of light from the early morning sun.  It also admitted light at night from nearby campground lighting.  These problems are solved by the Clozures Shutter Blind.
 
The Zarcor team indicated the processing of the installation video would take a couple of weeks before it is posted to the Zarcor website.  I will post an update when the installation video is available.  Below are photos from the completed installation.
 
Exterior view of door with shutter blind open
image.thumb.jpeg.dddd6c02b91ae4ff3775676709a12a30.jpeg
 
Interior view of closed shutter blind
image.thumb.jpeg.162f778a13e7b5f330b1902cbc96e252.jpeg
 
Interior view of open shutter blind
image.thumb.jpeg.ce327694872bc933900139d99360b66d.jpeg
 
Handle to slide shutter blind open/shut (RVLock 4.0 on right)
image.thumb.jpeg.a16e407d2a6f8ec4c5dad9d93e2c6ffc.jpeg
 
Regards, Don
  • Like 7
  • Love 3

North Texas | 2022 LEII, Hull #990, delivered 2/17/22 | 2014 BMW X5 35d

spacer.png

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glad this worked out for you.  John and Zarcor are first class.

Hobo

  • Like 4

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2018 F250 4X4 Crew Cab, 6.7L diesel

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, dhaig said:

 

On Friday, I took our LEII to the Zarcor Solutions facility in Addison, TX (a burb north of Dallas) for installation of a tinted window for our entry door and Zarcor's Closures Shutter Blind and the video recording of the installation.  
 
John Harder, President of Zarcor, had previously sent me a sales receipt showing the cost of the parts as $149.00 and installation labor of $120.00, for a total of $269.00.  The sales receipts also showed a discount of $269.00 for allowing Zarcor to use our trailer to make an installation and sales video.  Thus the cost to me was $0.00.
 
John's team demonstrated their experience by carefully removing the inner trim from our entry door to remove the standard textured glass.  I had previously seen photos posted on the OTT Forum where the fastener tabs which retain the inner trim had been broken during removal.  Javier, the primary installer, carefully inserted the plastic release tabs into the slots around the inner trim.  Several fastener locations could not immediately be released.  Javier's experience became evident as he continued to work the release tabs until all of the fasteners released, undamaged.  The RVLock 4.0 which I had installed post delivery had to be removed to permit access to the slots to free the fasteners on the lower right corner.
 
Once the inner trim was removed, the textured glass was easily removed and the new clear,  tinted glass inserted, with new sealing caulk around inside of the frame.  The outer window trim was not removed, retaining its factory seal.
 
Once the tinted glass was in place the Clozure Shutter blind, consisting of two sheets of acrylic, was fastened to the inside of the glass with small Velcro disks.  Each acrylic sheet is coated with vertical white stripes approximately 3/4" wide, alternating with clear stripes.  The acrylic sheet against the glass is fixed, while the other sheet slides approximately 3/4" left/right to open/close the shutter. Moving the acrylic sheet causes its white stripes to cover the clear areas of the fixed acrylic sheet, preventing light from entering.  A plastic handle attaches to the movable acrylic sheet and rides on two screw mounted glides to move left and right.  The two acrylic sheets which form the shutter are easily removed for cleaning.
 
A minor interference problem was encountered, with the open/close handle not able to move fully due to the position of the RVLock.  Zarcor will modify the handle slightly to eliminate the interference issue and provide a replacement handle.  The entire installation, with video recording, took approximately one and a half hours.
 
We are pleased with the new window and the operable shutter.  We now have visibility through the window in the entry door and a means of controlling entry of light to the cabin.  The tinted window closely matches the other windows in the trailer.  During the day there is little or no visibility into the cabin through the new tinted glass.  At night, with lights on in the cabin, there is some visibility from the outside.  With the shutter closed there is no visibility into the trailer and nearly all light is blocked.
 
Although we have owned the trailer a short time, we quickly learned the textured window admitted a lot of light from the early morning sun.  It also admitted light at night from nearby campground lighting.  These problems are solved by the Clozures Shutter Blind.
 
The Zarcor team indicated the processing of the installation video would take a couple of weeks before it is posted to the Zarcor website.  I will post an update when the installation video is available.  Below are photos from the completed installation.
 
Exterior view of door with shutter blind open
image.thumb.jpeg.dddd6c02b91ae4ff3775676709a12a30.jpeg
 
Interior view of closed shutter blind
image.thumb.jpeg.162f778a13e7b5f330b1902cbc96e252.jpeg
 
Interior view of open shutter blind
image.thumb.jpeg.ce327694872bc933900139d99360b66d.jpeg
 
Handle to slide shutter blind open/shut (RVLock 4.0 on right)
image.thumb.jpeg.a16e407d2a6f8ec4c5dad9d93e2c6ffc.jpeg
 
Regards, Don

Looks exactly like ours.  😎

 

 

  • Like 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634   TV -2021 F 350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate “Tremor”

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...