Opportunity for a FREE ZARCOR door window upgrade!

hobo

I was talking to John (owner of ZARCOR) today with a technical question and he advised me they are looking for someone in the Dallas, TX area with a late model (2021 or newer) Oliver Elite so they can install and film one of their very nice door replacement windows.

They will provide the parts and labor free-of-charge for use of the trailer to do the installation video.

Here's an opportunity for a free upgraded window and your trailer will be a star.

Call John at ZARCOR and tell him I sent you over.

Paul 

• Like 3
  • Wow 3

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2018 F250 4X4 Crew Cab, 6.7L diesel

7 minutes ago, hobo said:

I was talking to John (owner of ZARCOR) today with a technical question and he advised me they are looking for someone in the Dallas, TX area with a late model (2021 or newer) Oliver Elite so they can install and film one of their very nice door replacement windows.

They will provide the parts and labor free-of-charge for use of the trailer to do the installation video.

Here's an opportunity for a free upgraded window and your trailer will be a star.

Call John at ZARCOR and tell him I sent you over.

Paul 

Paul,
I have done business and spoken with John when I installed my new tinted window and blind, he is a very nice guy and a straight shooter! 👍🏻
Some lucky owner is gonna enjoy their new window and blind! 👍🏻

Patriot

• Like 5

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

IMG_2879.jpeg

This will definitely be my next minor upgrade. Looking forward to seeing outside the door window. Now do I choose clear or tinted? I’m thinking tinted with white blinds. Is there a one way mirror glass available? 

• Like 4

John & Chris Dehne Manchester, MD.  2021 Elite II twin Hull# 901

“Fiberbeergrass” 2021 Ram 2500 Cummins 4x4  Life is good!

11 minutes ago, John Dehne said:

This will definitely be my next minor upgrade. Looking forward to seeing outside the door window. Now do I choose clear or tinted? I’m thinking tinted with white blinds. Is there a one way mirror glass available? 

We're installing a tinted with white blinds.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

• Like 4

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2018 F250 4X4 Crew Cab, 6.7L diesel

2 hours ago, John Dehne said:

We chose tinted as it matches the rest of the Oliver windows. 👍🏻

• Like 5

IMG_2879.jpeg

3 hours ago, John Dehne said:

I think tinted would best match the other windows. 

• Like 3

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

Based on the posting by @hobo, I contacted John Halter, Owner of Zarcor.  We have scheduled installation of a Zarcor window on our 2022 LEII, Hull #990 in August 31.  John is sending me paperwork for the free window and installation.

Following the installation, I plan to post an update with photos, and possibly video of the installation.

My thanks to @hobo for providing the information on this opportunity.

Don

• Like 7
  • Love 1

spacer.pngNorth Texas | 2022 LEII, Hull #990, delivered 2/17/22 | 2014 BMW X5 35d

9 hours ago, dhaig said:

Based on the posting by @hobo, I contacted John Halter, Owner of Zarcor.  We have scheduled installation of a Zarcor window on our 2022 LEII, Hull #990 in August 31.  John is sending me paperwork for the free window and installation.

Following the installation, I plan to post an update with photos, and possibly video of the installation.

Don

Looking forward to seeing the install video.  Glad I could pass on John's generous offer.  Win/win for everyone.  HOBO

• Like 2

14 hours ago, dhaig said:

Don

Don,

That is very cool. Glad you scooped up on the opportunity!
Timing is everything!

-Patriot 🇺🇸

• Like 1

IMG_2879.jpeg

16 hours ago, dhaig said:

Don

Awesome, You are the lucky one !! 

• Like 1

Sue & Harold

Oliver Elite II Twin bed,  Hull #508, Ram 2500

CAIDINIAKYMIMNMTNENVNDOHORSDTNUTWIWYmed.            

• 4 weeks later...

On Friday, I took our LEII to the Zarcor Solutions facility in Addison, TX (a burb north of Dallas) for installation of a tinted window for our entry door and Zarcor's Closures Shutter Blind and the video recording of the installation.  

John Harder, President of Zarcor, had previously sent me a sales receipt showing the cost of the parts as $149.00 and installation labor of $120.00, for a total of $269.00.  The sales receipts also showed a discount of $269.00 for allowing Zarcor to use our trailer to make an installation and sales video.  Thus the cost to me was $0.00.

John's team demonstrated their experience by carefully removing the inner trim from our entry door to remove the standard textured glass.  I had previously seen photos posted on the OTT Forum where the fastener tabs which retain the inner trim had been broken during removal.  Javier, the primary installer, carefully inserted the plastic release tabs into the slots around the inner trim.  Several fastener locations could not immediately be released.  Javier's experience became evident as he continued to work the release tabs until all of the fasteners released, undamaged.  The RVLock 4.0 which I had installed post delivery had to be removed to permit access to the slots to free the fasteners on the lower right corner.

Once the inner trim was removed, the textured glass was easily removed and the new clear,  tinted glass inserted, with new sealing caulk around inside of the frame.  The outer window trim was not removed, retaining its factory seal.

Once the tinted glass was in place the Clozure Shutter blind, consisting of two sheets of acrylic, was fastened to the inside of the glass with small Velcro disks.  Each acrylic sheet is coated with vertical white stripes approximately 3/4" wide, alternating with clear stripes.  The acrylic sheet against the glass is fixed, while the other sheet slides approximately 3/4" left/right to open/close the shutter. Moving the acrylic sheet causes its white stripes to cover the clear areas of the fixed acrylic sheet, preventing light from entering.  A plastic handle attaches to the movable acrylic sheet and rides on two screw mounted glides to move left and right.  The two acrylic sheets which form the shutter are easily removed for cleaning.

A minor interference problem was encountered, with the open/close handle not able to move fully due to the position of the RVLock.  Zarcor will modify the handle slightly to eliminate the interference issue and provide a replacement handle.  The entire installation, with video recording, took approximately one and a half hours.

We are pleased with the new window and the operable shutter.  We now have visibility through the window in the entry door and a means of controlling entry of light to the cabin.  The tinted window closely matches the other windows in the trailer.  During the day there is little or no visibility into the cabin through the new tinted glass.  At night, with lights on in the cabin, there is some visibility from the outside.  With the shutter closed there is no visibility into the trailer and nearly all light is blocked.

Although we have owned the trailer a short time, we quickly learned the textured window admitted a lot of light from the early morning sun.  It also admitted light at night from nearby campground lighting.  These problems are solved by the Clozures Shutter Blind.

The Zarcor team indicated the processing of the installation video would take a couple of weeks before it is posted to the Zarcor website.  I will post an update when the installation video is available.  Below are photos from the completed installation.

Exterior view of door with shutter blind open
image.thumb.jpeg.dddd6c02b91ae4ff3775676709a12a30.jpeg

Interior view of closed shutter blind
image.thumb.jpeg.162f778a13e7b5f330b1902cbc96e252.jpeg

Interior view of open shutter blind
image.thumb.jpeg.ce327694872bc933900139d99360b66d.jpeg

Handle to slide shutter blind open/shut (RVLock 4.0 on right)
image.thumb.jpeg.a16e407d2a6f8ec4c5dad9d93e2c6ffc.jpeg

Regards, Don
  • Like 8
  • Love 3

spacer.pngNorth Texas | 2022 LEII, Hull #990, delivered 2/17/22 | 2014 BMW X5 35d

19 hours ago, dhaig said:

On Friday, I took our LEII to the Zarcor Solutions facility in Addison, TX (a burb north of Dallas) for installation of a tinted window for our entry door and Zarcor's Closures Shutter Blind and the video recording of the installation.  

John Harder, President of Zarcor, had previously sent me a sales receipt showing the cost of the parts as $149.00 and installation labor of $120.00, for a total of $269.00.  The sales receipts also showed a discount of $269.00 for allowing Zarcor to use our trailer to make an installation and sales video.  Thus the cost to me was $0.00.

John's team demonstrated their experience by carefully removing the inner trim from our entry door to remove the standard textured glass.  I had previously seen photos posted on the OTT Forum where the fastener tabs which retain the inner trim had been broken during removal.  Javier, the primary installer, carefully inserted the plastic release tabs into the slots around the inner trim.  Several fastener locations could not immediately be released.  Javier's experience became evident as he continued to work the release tabs until all of the fasteners released, undamaged.  The RVLock 4.0 which I had installed post delivery had to be removed to permit access to the slots to free the fasteners on the lower right corner.

Once the inner trim was removed, the textured glass was easily removed and the new clear,  tinted glass inserted, with new sealing caulk around inside of the frame.  The outer window trim was not removed, retaining its factory seal.

Once the tinted glass was in place the Clozure Shutter blind, consisting of two sheets of acrylic, was fastened to the inside of the glass with small Velcro disks.  Each acrylic sheet is coated with vertical white stripes approximately 3/4" wide, alternating with clear stripes.  The acrylic sheet against the glass is fixed, while the other sheet slides approximately 3/4" left/right to open/close the shutter. Moving the acrylic sheet causes its white stripes to cover the clear areas of the fixed acrylic sheet, preventing light from entering.  A plastic handle attaches to the movable acrylic sheet and rides on two screw mounted glides to move left and right.  The two acrylic sheets which form the shutter are easily removed for cleaning.

A minor interference problem was encountered, with the open/close handle not able to move fully due to the position of the RVLock.  Zarcor will modify the handle slightly to eliminate the interference issue and provide a replacement handle.  The entire installation, with video recording, took approximately one and a half hours.

We are pleased with the new window and the operable shutter.  We now have visibility through the window in the entry door and a means of controlling entry of light to the cabin.  The tinted window closely matches the other windows in the trailer.  During the day there is little or no visibility into the cabin through the new tinted glass.  At night, with lights on in the cabin, there is some visibility from the outside.  With the shutter closed there is no visibility into the trailer and nearly all light is blocked.

Although we have owned the trailer a short time, we quickly learned the textured window admitted a lot of light from the early morning sun.  It also admitted light at night from nearby campground lighting.  These problems are solved by the Clozures Shutter Blind.

The Zarcor team indicated the processing of the installation video would take a couple of weeks before it is posted to the Zarcor website.  I will post an update when the installation video is available.  Below are photos from the completed installation.

Exterior view of door with shutter blind open
image.thumb.jpeg.dddd6c02b91ae4ff3775676709a12a30.jpeg

Interior view of closed shutter blind
image.thumb.jpeg.162f778a13e7b5f330b1902cbc96e252.jpeg

Interior view of open shutter blind
image.thumb.jpeg.ce327694872bc933900139d99360b66d.jpeg

Handle to slide shutter blind open/shut (RVLock 4.0 on right)
image.thumb.jpeg.a16e407d2a6f8ec4c5dad9d93e2c6ffc.jpeg

Regards, Don

Looks exactly like ours.  😎

• Like 2

IMG_2879.jpeg

• 3 months later...
On 9/12/2022 at 11:48 AM, dhaig said:

Although we have owned the trailer a short time, we quickly learned the textured window admitted a lot of light from the early morning sun.  It also admitted light at night from nearby campground lighting.

Very nice upgrade!  A for sure add to my 2024 Ollie Mod list.   Our Summer 2023 list is a Houghton and Air Bags.  

In the meantime, I use two medium binder clips and a heavy bath towel to block out unwanted light.  Clips and towel attach nicely to the inside door frame top left and right.  

• Like 4

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

• Moderators

This mod has been around for a fair while now and unless the company has changed things - the only way to get the white operating handle is to give them a phone call.

There is no extra charge for the white handle - it simply is not an option available with the online ordering process.

Bill

• Like 5

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderator+
On 1/1/2023 at 6:36 PM, Patriot said:

The Zarcor window shade is a game changing mod! Highly recommend! 

Patriot 🇺🇸

Does it block all the light coming in at night?

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

6 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

Great question Steve. Does the tinted window and Zarcor blind block all light? I would say not 💯. The blind might still may allow a real tiny seam of light to enter around the perimeter of the blind kinda similar to a home blind. 
When we see y’all at this years rally you are more than welcome to come by and have a look at it and see what you think. From a privacy aspect as when the blind is quickly opened it does help to see who is unexpectedly knocking at the door. It’s also allows for another window to be looked through when the blind is open.  The Zarcor tinted window does match up well with the other Oliver windows. 

-David 

@topgun2 shared this mod with us and may have some input. 😊

• Like 2

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators
7 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

Normally, there isn't really much "light" out there during the night.  But, if you are referring to those times one is "camped" at WalMart and the like or in Alaska or under that one and only street light in the entire campground then (as Patriot points out) the combination of the tinted window and the blinds makes for a more than reasonable blockage of this kind of light - at least as good as the day/night shades that come stock with the Ollie.

Note that both Patriot and I talk about the "tinted" window.  There is also the option to replace the stock "frosted" window with a clear window but again, as Patriot points out, the tinted window matches the other tinted windows on the Ollie and still allows for seeing just who might be knocking at your door prior to opening it.  Remember - most of us do not travel with "Reacher" on board!

Bill

• Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

On 1/1/2023 at 6:36 PM, Patriot said:

The Zarcor window shade is a game changing mod! Highly recommend! 

This mod looks great. I am currently looking into this as one of our first mods when we take delivery.  A few weeks ago I was in an RV dealer looking through their parts department and they had a very nice Lippert display. The Oliver doors are made by Lippert.

Has anyone tried the Lippert “Thin Shade” mod or compared it to this one?  I looks really nice and gives you a much better view through the window.

https://store.lci1.com/thin-shade-complete-window-kit-for-rv-entry-doors-806621

Let me know what you think.

Brian

• Thanks 1