Jensen TV case large stress fractures at back where “out of the way” hold bracket catch is located.

SNY SD UP

This is something that has probably been developing every time we hit a pothole in the road. 
Which is something I really try to avoid. 

Currently out camping so picture is not loading

i know a couple of owners have cut and attached “pool noodles” to outside bottom of attic to act as “shock absorbers” to reduce bounce and keep from dropping TV while OTT is being towed. 

"I edited in this photo for Bryan. This is the back of the TV where the cracks are. Seadawg."

IMG_0786.jpg

• Sad 2

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg

• Moderators

@NCeagleposted this awhile back. Maybe he'll let us know how it's worked out.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

When I see stuff like that, my first question is how much pressure do you have in your tires? On an LE2, more than 50 psi will beat up your trailer and everything inside it. I run 42 psi (with a TPMS). I also removed my (fixed mount) tv the day after I got back from Tennessee 😬

That big crack might be repairable by removing the tv from the mount and epoxying a big aluminum plate there.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

8 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

@NCeagleposted this awhile back. Maybe he'll let us know how it's worked out.

After more than a year, the TV stabilizer shocks have worked as far as not letting the TV unclip and fall down while towing.  I suspect the noodle stabilizers do help a bit to reduce various stresses on the bracket and surrounding fiberglass by keeping it from bouncing around, but proper inflation of the tires is probably much more effective and important to everything else in the trailer as @John E Daviespoints out.  I run all my tires at 50 psi with a tpms, so not quite as cushy as 42 psi, but much less than when they came out of the factory.  I think the best we can all do is soften up the tires and make sure everything is tied down and secured while towing - but it's still like putting the trailer and it's contents through an earthquake every time it's out on the road - so things are going to happen...

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5

States Visited Map

2020 Elite II, Hull 688 --- 2021 Silverado 2500HD, 6.6L Duramax Diesel

OTT Tire pressure is 65 psi. I do not have TPMS as of yet.

I suppose I could drop it to 55 until I get a TPMS. 

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg

19 minutes ago, SNY SD UP said:

I would drop the PSI in all 4 tires down to no more than 50 now, using a quality tire pressure gauge,  I would do this both before and after you get a TPMS system.  The TPMS just helps you monitor PSI while you are on the road.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

1 hour ago, SNY SD UP said:

These are ten ply TRUCK tires, they are supposed to be adjusted for the weight carried by each tire. A 7500 pound HD truck carrying 2500 pounds of cargo needs 80 psi in its rear tires because each tire is so very heavily loaded. (The front ones can run lower, about 50). One Ollie LE2 axle at maximum trailer weight of 7000 pounds has just 2700 pounds shared between both tires. So the pressure should be lowered to an appropriate level. The air supports the load, not the sidewalks. Hard tires don’t flex over bumps and potholes! Your suspension only moves up maybe an inch before the axle hits the frame. So the tires are a very important part of how it absorbs road shocks. If the Ollie is lightly loaded, hard tires make it even worse. 

7D74D118-116F-43AF-9196-0164237A9906.thumb.jpeg.eea964d9e1a54f85dd96b074e00b012c.jpeg

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/forums/topic/2363-how-to-tire-pressure-placard/

A TPMS is a very important safety tool, get one ASAP so you know if a tire picks up a nail and starts to deflate! You both will feel a lot better knowing all your tires are set correctly and holding air.

Does the new owners manual show a load/ pressure chart for the Cooper tires? There is no need to include all the garbage general information about tires, that is all easily found with a simple Google search. What is needed is inflation information specific for this trailer. For years they were delivering these trailers at 80 psi and it was wrecking the interiors! Cabinet doors falling open, drawers breaking, cargo getting flung around 😤. TVs breaking! This is a pet peeve of mine for five years and counting, thus the exclamation points😬!!! 

FYI LE owners should run “about” 50 psi.

If you drive long distances on slow speed, seriously potholed dirt roads you need to lower the truck and trailer tire pressures. Or else creep along at a walking pace.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

I would say that TV's are probably not designed to be mounted in that hangdown position. All being said, I would remove the TV and epoxy the back of the mount on the TV, pretty easily repaired, note I would reinforce the TV's plastic for more strength. If your TV is not a Smart TV it's time to upgrade, these TV's are pretty cheap in todays market. Do note bigger TV's will fit in that area, our Oliver camping friends just replaced his TV in his 2022 with a larger one and it does fold up in the space allowed. 

trainman

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

Sorry to hear about Maggie & Bryan's TV issues.

Good comments on tire pressures. We have been running 50PSI for 6 years on our 2015 LE2. Have not had issues (I'm aware of yet), but believe overall could improve impact on every component in Ollie by decreasing tire pressures. Since our Ollie is 4900 to 4950 pounds ready to camp, going to decrease Ollie's tire pressures to 40PSI cold before next camping trip. Already running 40PSI cold on the Tundra when towing Ollie.

Could not find Cooper recommended pressures according to weight transported on Cooper Discoverer HT3 tires. Just sent Cooper an email asking for this information, will let you know if they share it with me.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

2015 LE2

1 hour ago, rideandfly said:

Could not find Cooper recommended pressures according to weight transported on Cooper Discoverer HT3 tires. Just sent Cooper an email asking for this information, will let you know if they share it with me.

As long as the ply rating and sizes are identical, the Michelin chart is fine. I would not make a huge jump, take them to 44 psi, try it a while, check tire temperatures. If they seem fine, drop them to 42. That's where mine seem happy, of course this depends on how heavily loaded and how fast you drive. If the tires feel excessively hot, they need more air. Use a battery powered temp gun for best results. You may notice a drop in towing mpgs, since there will be more rolling resistance. 

If you do hear from Cooper, can you please post that info on this thread? Thanks!

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/forums/topic/2363-how-to-tire-pressure-placard/

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

Two more pics. 
I will do what has been discussed. This is commentary,  1) lowered TP to 55, 2) drove paved roads to next (NOVA SCOTIA) CG, a few bumps in the road along the way. 3) arrived at CG, went in trailer television had come loose from catch and dropped. 4) when I turned on water pump, water sprayed out of red hose connection out of WH (under CS bed) as it had loosened up.  This has happened before and I had hand tightened that up just a few days before.

I will drop TT TP TO 50 psi in the morning.

B- out

8DEA787D-287C-43E0-AE4E-F6E644DADB29.jpeg

5163C79F-24CA-485A-999A-EED94227B4E5.jpeg

• Wow 1
  • Sad 1

Don’t keep driving around with it busted, remove the TV from the mount ASAP, or you will have just a scattered pile of scrap plastic and wires.😳

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 2