Hello

Steve Ewing

Hi, my name is Steve and I'm new here. As I scrolled through the classified I realized I best start off slow. My wife, Claudia, and I camped for years with our two boys. Now that we have 5 grandkids we're looking into getting out there again. We've always liked the smaller travel trailers and wanted to get something well made. The Airstreams are great but a bit heavy. All roads seem to lead to Oliverville but after I saw the cost of used trailers I decided to check out Casita to start small (just in case). I went on RV Trader and found one about an hour after I joined this forum. Go figure I'd been looking on and off for awhile. We found a used 17foot Liberty for about 14K. Might want to trade up to an Oliver if all goes well. (mostly with the bed). Happy Trails, Steve and Claudia

• Like 3

Hello Steve and Claudia,

Welcome to the forum! We too started out with a smaller trailer in a Airstream Nest but ended up selling it and getting the Oliver II. Sounds like you got a great deal on your Casita and wish you many happy journeys in it. 

• Like 1

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

• Moderators

Welcome.

We have a number of folks here who previously owned Castas. (They're nice trailers, just different.  One of my best camping buddies has had  one,  for the last 15 years.) 

Enjoy your camping experiences,  hang out here, and see what works for you. 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I started out with a Casita 17' Spirit Deluxe.  Well-made.  Not four seasons and hot in the AZ summer.  I sold it for more than I paid for it.  I bought another trailer, sold it, and now have an Oliver on order.  I'm not sure Olivers are lighter that Airstreams but IMO they are better made and require less maintenance.  Happy camping in the Casita...I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

• Like 1

Southern Arizona | 2021 Ford F-150 | 2023 Oliver Elite II | Hull # 1319 | Delivery 3 Jan 2023

AZCALAMSNMTNTXsm.jpg