Truck Tow Rating Explained by "Travels With Delaney"....Recommended Viewing

The lawyer at the end of the video explains "Negligence Per Se" or Negligence in and of itself....    Makes the case for being very careful about loading and using the proper equipment.  If you are required to use a WDH and you don't use one.... and get involved in a lawsuit.   I don't even want to think of the consequences. 

• Like 1

Gregg & Donna Scott and Missy the Westie  -    The Flying Sea Turtle - Hull # 145     Western NC

CTDEGAMDMANHNJNYNCPASCTNVAxlg.jpg

2 hours ago, ScottyGS said:

If you are required to use a WDH and you don't use one.... and get involved in a lawsuit.   I don't even want to think of the consequences. 

Amen.  Just like overloading your tow vehicle, failure to use a WDH when your TV owner's manual says it is "required" is negligence per se.

Make sure both your tow vehicle and your travel trailer are well insured!

• Like 3

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

We just did our first CAT scale weigh in this past weekend.  I've attached a pic of a spreadsheet I use to see what was going on.  Where does all this weight come from LOL!

We do not use a WD hitch, given that our vehicle does not need it as defined by the Ford's RV and Towing spec sheets.  Finding this fine print is not the easiest thing to do!

image.thumb.png.b1cfbe81fc2c0129dfb5fffd478aab06.png

• Like 3

SE Texas  | 2021 Elite II  Twin Bed # 927  "Lucy"  |  2019 F250 FX4 6.7