30 day temporary trailer license expiration

MarkC

I think it is entirely up to what state you are in and the mood of the cop who bothers to pull you over. Don’t speed or do anything foolish and you won’t get stopped. Probably. When we picked up “Mouse” I noticed that there was not a temporary tag with all the paperwork, Anita said the worker who usually does that was not in the office. Which sounded a little odd. So with nothing on the back the Ollie, we drove about 4000 miles over four weeks and never had a problem. I had all the paperwork close at hand in the truck, just in case.

Don’t worry about it. But cross your fingers for luck. 

https://www.bellinghamherald.com/news/traffic/rules-of-the-road/article252969398.html

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 4

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

I agree with John, it depends on the cop. I think as long as you have all the paperwork you should be ok. When we sold our Airstream the seller towed it from Michigan to Iowa without any plate or temporary paper and had no problems. I thinks it’s more common then not. 

• Like 4

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

I suspect you will face a larger challenge in wiping the smile off your face(s) from taking over 30 days making your way home in your new Oliver.  If I were in your position I would merely enjoy your travels and get your plates and title when you finally get home.

Enjoy!

• Like 6
  • Love 1

2021 Elite II, Hull# 898

2018 Toyota Tundra, 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9l SRW

• Moderators

I'd probably check on your home state regulations on how long you have to obtain a registration and plate without having to pay a penalty or fine for late registration.

Where do you live? Some states allow you to register your trailer and get your plate, pay the sales tax, via mail, or via an authorized representative who could FedEx your plate to you, and you could stay on the road without worrying. 

Some other states require the trailer to be brought in to verify the vin. 

• Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.