Live streaming through the Furrion receiver.

Going

I have hull number 262 and the Furrion DV3200 receiver radio and Furrion FEHD19S0 A TV.  The DV3200 has an output HDMI on the rear that connects to the 1, HDMI input on the TV.  This setup processes the DVD digital audio signal through the Furion and speakers and digital video to the TV.  Problem is there is no second HDMI input for a streaming device on the receiver.  I have read where some have been able to configure to stream but I am wondering if those have different components then mine.  For example the Furrion DV1230 has an HDMI input on the front and an HDMI output on the back so as long as this unit allows you to switch from DVD input to front HDMI input, it should work for connecting a device like an Apple TV.  But while a call to Furrion was helpful, it was not conclusive.  I plan to get StarLink for Internet but i am first trying to solve the streaming problem.  Note:  there are RCA jacks coming from the TV to the cabinet above but that is analog like for a VCR and not digital.  Has anyone had success here?  If so please list your model number equipment.  Thanks in advance.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

We have the same Furrion components and they exasperate me. Fortunately, we rarely watch TV, which, unfortunately, is why I haven't learned how to use the 🤬 components - four years later.

• Like 4
Chris & Duke Chadwell
🐾Maddie & Baxter🐾
Elite II Hull 292
2022 F-250 Lariat 7.3 Godzilla 4x4 Lakeland,FL

• Moderators
8 hours ago, ShallowGal said:

We have the same Furrion components and they exasperate me. Fortunately, we rarely watch TV, which, unfortunately, is why I haven't learned how to use the 🤬 components - four years later.

Same here.  We haven’t used our TV in years.  I’ve thought about removing it.  The Furrion in our early trailers is not quite up to date with multiple HDMI ports.  I’m sure someone has this figured out.  Mike

• Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

1 hour ago, Mike and Carol said:

We haven’t used our TV in years.  I’ve thought about removing it.

If OTT won't let up drop if off the build, the first thing I am going to do is to take it out and give it away. 

Kirk

• Like 3

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

On 8/25/2022 at 9:09 AM, Going said:

I have hull number 262 and the Furrion DV3200 receiver radio and Furrion FEHD19S0 A TV.  The DV3200 has an output HDMI on the rear that connects to the 1, HDMI input on the TV.  This setup processes the DVD digital audio signal through the Furion and speakers and digital video to the TV.  Problem is there is no second HDMI input for a streaming device on the receiver.  I have read where some have been able to configure to stream but I am wondering if those have different components then mine.  For example the Furrion DV1230 has an HDMI input on the front and an HDMI output on the back so as long as this unit allows you to switch from DVD input to front HDMI input, it should work for connecting a device like an Apple TV.  But while a call to Furrion was helpful, it was not conclusive.  I plan to get StarLink for Internet but i am first trying to solve the streaming problem.  Note:  there are RCA jacks coming from the TV to the cabinet above but that is analog like for a VCR and not digital.  Has anyone had success here?  If so please list your model number equipment.  Thanks in advance.  

We explore surrounding areas during the day when camping and watch TV before going to bed. I tried connecting Roku to the Furrion unit's HDMI connection on the front of the unit and it would not work. I will check the operators manual, but believe Furrion's HDMI may be an output. The HDMI on the back of the Jensen TV is an input receiving signal from the Furrion unit how our LE2 #75 was set up from Oliver. Have not tried this but the HDMI input on the back of the Jensen TV should work with a device like Roku with correct TV setting, should be HDMI.

• Like 1

2015 LE2

2 hours ago, Kirk Peterson said:

If OTT won't let up drop if off the build, the first thing I am going to do is to take it out and give it away. 

Kirk

Early hulls had it hard mounted at the back corner of the curb side bed (with no flip up mount).I cracked my skull on it a couple of times making the bed, and removed the entire TV and mount the day I got home. I did not give it away, it is wrapped and stored away because I thought some future owner might like to put it back. After seven years the TV is so far out of date, I guess that is now wishful thinking, I should just toss it. Anyone want a free old unused TV and mount? It's in perfect condition except for a blood stain and some of my scalp on one corner 😉

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Wow 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• 4 weeks later...

Well after some serious time playing with it, I did get it to work using my Apple TV as the streaming device.  You have to disconnect the HDMI cable at the TV and plug in your HDMI streaming device there.  Of course you need good wi-fi for it all to work.  Once the Apple menu came up I was able to stream but no sound.  Took me a minute but you have to turn the volume on the Furion receiver way up and you will finally hear clear sound from the 4 speakers.  The receiver  should auto set to AV IN.  I don’t know why you have to turn it up so much. ( I am talking 4 or 5 turns) but it works when you do.  Next item is getting Elon Musk  Star Link.  We are in NC and they say it will be available in 2023.  I placed my order with my $100 deposit.  When you get it, you set it up at your home and it can replace your existing internet provider.  I have seen some using it at campgrounds and they love it.  Second it has an RV feature where you pay another $15 per month while traveling and you set it up anywhere.  Even with the extra $15 it is still cheaper then other providers.  When you get back home they stop charging the extra $15.  I saw another thread on here where someone ran the proper wiring and outside port connection for it.  Anyone else done this?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Going said:

I saw another thread on here where someone ran the proper wiring and outside port connection for it.  Anyone else done this?

I have done this and it's been working well if I can see open sky, not so much with sites with lots of trees. I believe what you mentioned is an portable plan where you can take your Starlink with you when travelling. I opted for another plan called RV plan where I can pause the service without paying duringoff season. Another reason is that I still need internet service at home while camping for all those smart devices and video cameras. At home, I am using T-Mobile 5G home internet which is $30 a month. Overall, pretty happy with the total cost.

• Like 2

2021 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #854
2021 Ford Expedition Platinum