Looking for a pair of wings

Townesw

Looking for a pair of wings. Bonus if they are white fiberglass. Extra bonus if they have 12v red lamps on the tips. Have seen these on vintage and retro trailers and I’m going to figure out how to put them on my LEII. I’ll be the first. Everyone will be jealous. I bet Oliver will even make them standard. Or a least an option. 

C3509FA4-8F45-46C2-AD00-1EA47057FF67.thumb.jpeg.d52855707f42e6d6f35dffd90d213a37.jpeg

edited to add: don’t tell my wife. It’s really her Oliver. It’s going to be a surprise. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Haha 5

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313

2019 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

• Moderators

I Love the vintage wings, too, on vintage trailers.

Could you have some made as graphics? Or, I guess you could add them with vhb tape...if fiberglass. Or 3d printed plastic. Our local library prints small projects. Just a thought. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

I loved the old Shasta, and their wings. Saw some newer versions a few years back at an rv show.

Here's a link (a decade old) to a guy who made/makes them.

http://nastyshasty.blogspot.com/2012/03/wings-wings-wings.html?m=1

Screenshot_20220826-193636_Google.jpg

• Like 4
  • Love 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

1 hour ago, Townesw said:

Looking for a pair of wings. Bonus if they are white fiberglass. Extra bonus if they have 12v red lamps on the tips. Have seen these on vintage and retro trailers and I’m going to figure out how to put them on my LEII. I’ll be the first. Everyone will be jealous. I bet Oliver will even make them standard. Or a least an option. 

C3509FA4-8F45-46C2-AD00-1EA47057FF67.thumb.jpeg.d52855707f42e6d6f35dffd90d213a37.jpeg

edited to add: don’t tell my wife. It’s really her Oliver. It’s going to be a surprise. 

I love your idea.  Let us know how you come out and provide pics please.

You got me thinking and had these not been sold out I would have bought a pair for the upper, rear, side corners of my Ollie (imagine the fun driving at night around Halloween). 

https://www.amazon.com/Gerson-Halloween-Skeleton-Hands-Suction/dp/B013H7RCE4

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2021 Elite II, Hull# 898

2018 Toyota Tundra, 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9l SRW

No wings, but this:

045CEDC4-3132-4BBC-8D62-DDB69055B097.thumb.jpeg.4402af6434008a4f59e58f536742ffa5.jpeg

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

You might try a local High School Voc./Tech. office. The one here has some kids that do some really good fab. work I've seen, especially their painting! I'm going to hit them up on making me a custom tongue box.

Sorry, but I couldn't resist this! I hope nobody takes offense.
"I don't know but I've been told...
Navy wings are made of gold...
I don't know but it's been said...
Air Force wings are made of lead..."

Navy Wings 2.jpg

AF Wings 2.jpg

• Like 3

Those Wings will say a lot about you in the camping ground, I hope you are towing your Elite II with a 60's model Lincoln convertible, this way fellow campers will stop and ask you about the Lincoln. 

trainman 

• Like 1

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

• Moderators

@Trainman, I'd just bet a 63 could easily tow my elite. What a fine rig that would be😁

(My dad towed cargo trailers heavier than my elite with his Galaxy 500 and his LTD. With family in the car, sometimes. )

Screenshot_20220903-124514_Chrome.jpg

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

Had an uncle from Maryland who was used to the "good life" who towed a HUGE Holiday Rambler trailer with his favorite automobile, a Chrysler New Yorker in the early 70s.   The Chrysler had been modified to beef up the suspension and cooling system.  This trailer was so large that when he and my sister were traveling through Missoula, Montana, the trailer knocked down the only traffic light in Missoula at the time.  Oh the stories I could tell about Uncle Albert.....

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

2018 Elite II, Hull #414 (the very last 2018 produced).  Trailer name "2 HOBOS" .   2018 F250 4X4 Crew Cab, 6.7L diesel

Ok I’ll come clean. I never really intended to put wings on Martha’s Oliver. I just made the OP to see what reaction I would receive. I guess that makes me a troll? But after that post I have caught myself looking at the trailer in passing and imagining how it would look with wings and how I might fabricate and attach them. I might mock up something this winter and temporarily attach them just to see how they would look. 

The trailer in the OP is sitting at a new business that I pass every day. It’s a small camper sales lot that just started up and it’s owned by a young couple. I stopped in just after they opened to look the place over and wish them luck in their new adventure. The young lady behind the desk asked if I had an RV. I said yes, I have an Oliver Travel Trailer and proceeded with the usual explanation that it’s a fiberglass trailer made in Tennessee, but she quickly stopped me, removed her forearms from the edge of the keyboard and pushed her chair away from the desk and said in excitement “Oh! You have an OLIVER?” She continued saying that she knew what an Oliver was and had contacted the company in an unsuccessful attempt to be a dealer. After talking more about the merits of an Oliver Travel Trailer I left with that usual sense of satisfaction that we experience after being recognized as an “Oliver Travel Trailer owner.”

• Like 3

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313

2019 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax