Outside Gas connection

My only thought is to make sure you close the small latch on the female quick connect you opened to connect your hose. You will not get gas unless it is closed. My apologies if you know that and have tried it already.

Edited by Ray Kimsey
typo
  • Like 1

image.jpeg.09f40a09983d95bd862eb789e3430148.jpeg

2019 Ram 1500 5.7L V8, 3.92 axle ratio - 2020 LEll - Hull676

• Moderators

Assuming you have propane to all of your other appliances…. Ensure that your quick connect is fully seated.  Pull the collar all the way back and insert the hose making sure the collar goes all the way back forward locking the hose in place.  Do you have a regulator on the appliance your are trying to use?  If so, you may need to remove it since propane from your trailer tanks is already regulated.  Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

We have had propane quick disconnects on the outside of a travel trailer fail secondary to disk and grime exposure. We had to replace one on our old trailer.

Kirk

• Like 2

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

32 minutes ago, Ray Kimsey said:

My only thought is to make sure you close the small latch on the female quick connect you opened to connect your hose. You will not get gas unless it is closed. My apologies if you know that and have tried it already.

I'm not sure where or what the small latch on the female quick connect is? Thanks

30 minutes ago, Mike and Carol said:

Assuming you have propane to all of your other appliances…. Ensure that your quick connect is fully seated.  Pull the collar all the way back and insert the hose making sure the collar goes all the way back forward locking the hose in place.  Do you have a regulator on the appliance your are trying to use?  If so, you may need to remove it since propane from your trailer tanks is already regulated.  Mike

Both my stove top and fridge work on propane. I also removed the regulator on the grill. Thanks

• Like 2

• Moderators

@In Pursuit,  please add info to your sigmature.

A photo or two would really help.

Many things have changed, over the years.

Welcome, and, we'd all love to help. 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderator+
4 hours ago, In Pursuit said:

Ray thanks for the pictures, but my connection doesn't have that valve. My gas line goes right to the back of the QD fitting. I have a 2017 Elite II.

It should appear as something similar to this.

Copy and paste all of following into Google or equivalent. 

Roastove 1/4" RV Propane Quick Connect Adapter, Propane or Natural Gas Quick Connect or Disconnect Kit, Shutoff Valve & Full Flow https://a.co/d/90iYWnf

• Like 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators

If you could post a picture of what you are talking about it would be helpful.  When you say “QD fitting” you are talking about the Quick Connect propane adapter?  What is on your trailer, either in the front or back (or both) should have a sleeve that slides back and forth, it should be black but may be brass.  There is a small arm underneath that must be turned 90 degrees to the fitting for the sleeve to be able to move.  Once the male part on the end of the hose is inserted the sleeve moves forward, locking the hose in place.  Then, the arm is moved back into a position in line with gas flow.  The link Steve sent to Amazon shows this, the sleeve is brass and not black like on my 2016 trailer.  Please provide more details of what is happening and we will get this figured out.  Mike

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

I would think that all ball valves have and open and close lever to open and close the fuel flow. I would think that somewhere you are overlooking this on the valve unless someone just installed a quick disconnect connector and the the control of the valve is elsewhere in the fuel system, which wouldn't be uncommon practice. Like Mike and Carol said, send us pics of your valve.

trainman

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

11 hours ago, Mike and Carol said:

If you could post a picture of what you are talking about it would be helpful.  When you say “QD fitting” you are talking about the Quick Connect propane adapter?  What is on your trailer, either in the front or back (or both) should have a sleeve that slides back and forth, it should be black but may be brass.  There is a small arm underneath that must be turned 90 degrees to the fitting for the sleeve to be able to move.  Once the male part on the end of the hose is inserted the sleeve moves forward, locking the hose in place.  Then, the arm is moved back into a position in line with gas flow.  The link Steve sent to Amazon shows this, the sleeve is brass and not black like on my 2016 trailer.  Please provide more details of what is happening and we will get this figured out.  Mike

It is too dark out for me to take a picture, but my Quick Connect on my trailer is a female and doesn't have any valve shut off on it. Pl

10 hours ago, Trainman said:

I would think that all ball valves have and open and close lever to open and close the fuel flow. I would think that somewhere you are overlooking this on the valve unless someone just installed a quick disconnect connector and the the control of the valve is elsewhere in the fuel system, which wouldn't be uncommon practice. Like Mike and Carol said, send us pics of your valve.

trainman

I do not see any valve shut off. It's dark out so I cannot take a picture. Thanks,

• Like 1

18 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

It should appear as something similar to this.

Copy and paste all of following into Google or equivalent. 

Roastove 1/4" RV Propane Quick Connect Adapter, Propane or Natural Gas Quick Connect or Disconnect Kit, Shutoff Valve & Full Flow https://a.co/d/90iYWnf

My Roastove adapter doesn't have a shut off valve on it. I my change it out to the one you provide to me.

On 8/30/2022 at 8:27 PM, In Pursuit said:

Taking a close look at my connection with a flashlight it looks like the valve screw is broken.

Your photos do not show the broken component of the valve you mentioned.   Could you try again, and ensure the photo is in focus?    Have you tried connecting your grill to the other QD connection at the rear of the trailer? 

“Ramble” - 2021 Legacy Elite II #797;  2020 Ford F-250

• Moderator+
On 8/30/2022 at 7:47 PM, In Pursuit said:

I will try to post some pictures tomorrow when it is light. Thanks

Needing you to post a picture is not the primary cause of our inability to adequately help you. You never completely filled out you profile nor added a signature with info about your trailer. Us all knowing the year, model etc will make it a lot easier to diagnose. Thousands of little changes have been made over the past decade to these trailers. 

• Like 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators

Actually,  photos do help. His connection looks different from others I've seen. 

But, filling out a signature would truly help.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

13 hours ago, Mike D. said:

Your photos do not show the broken component of the valve you mentioned.   Could you try again, and ensure the photo is in focus?    Have you tried connecting your grill to the other QD connection at the rear of the trailer? 

I will check tomorrow. Thanks,

2 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

Actually,  photos do help. His connection looks different from others I've seen. 

Done 

8 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

Needing you to post a picture is not the primary cause of our inability to adequately help you. You never completely filled out you profile nor added a signature with info about your trailer. Us all knowing the year, model etc will make it a lot easier to diagnose. Thousands of little changes have been made over the past decade to these trailers. 

Done

Your Oliver Model and year is not showing up in your signature yet.

1. I would suggest that you look at the gas line from the propane tanks to the quick disconnect and verify there is no valve somewhere along the path of the gas line.

2. As previous mentioned, check your grill to make sure there is no regulator on the grill. Since the Oliver already has a gas regulator, if there is also one on your grill that would reduce the gas pressure so much that you would likely not see any gas flow at the grill. 

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

• Moderator+
16 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

Of course photos can help identify a problem but to solve a problem requires more info than a photo can provide. In fact, I’ve seen that very non-valve connector setup in some of the early trailers. Without a full profile and a signature repeating pertinent info not all means of help are available to all the members trying to assist. 

• Like 1