Geyser Shower System

AZ Wonderer

I've been watching videos from Overland Expo West 2022 that just concluded in Loveland, Colorado.  The Expo had on display a lot of interesting gear for off-the-grid camping.  One item that caught my interest was the Geyser Shower System.  It seems to be a great way to get a hot shower without filling the grey tank or drawing water from the fresh water tank.  I was wondering if anyone has experience using it?  Apparently it comes in both a 12 volt and a non-electric version.  I especially like that it uses a sponge rather than a shower head as a way of conserving water.  Playing with sticks did a video review of the non-electric version:  

• Like 2

Southern Arizona | 2021 Ford F-150 | 2023 Oliver Elite II | Hull # 1319 | Delivery 3 Jan 2023

AZCALAMSNMTNTXsm.jpg

I like it. There have been many trips I could have used something like that. It would still be nice if you were boondocking for a long time and wanted to conserve water. Thanks for posting the link!

Kirk

• Like 2

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

I have some experience with a portion of the Geyser System. I ordered a replacement hose, valve, and two sponges from them. Then I bought a 10 PSI pressure reducer and garden hose to 1/4” hose adaptor. 

I assembled these bits and use it on my RoadShower, with its 65 PSI water pressure. ( Remember, I’m still in my Hiker squaredrop, not an Oliver yet. )

We used it last week for the first time while doing dishes, and it worked great! One sponge for soap and scrubbing and the other for rinsing. Easier to get the dishes really clean, and used maybe 1/4 of the water that we’d normally use by washing in a sink of water and then spraying off to rinse. 

We haven’t used it to shower, as we use either a campground shower or 12” x 24” Shower Pouch body wipes. 

Here was my Instagram/Facebook post for the pieces. 
https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=pfbid02gbFvTnmQ52vQxS12nonuVTLNJT7AZgRtaniH1ZGQr6Yujopv4B4PE3xNYn4FRGoNl&id=100064448631768

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg