Fresh water tank HELP!

LoriL

• Moderators

Look at your valve configuration,  and look at your manual. 

Have you ever filled the water tank, or just used city water, up until now?

I'm sure this was covered in orientation,  but it's a long day, and a lot to absorb. 

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

36 minutes ago, LoriL said:

Hello,

We are getting ready to leave on a camping trip and can not get water to go into the trailer.  What are we doing wrong?  We have electric at the campsite but no water.  The sea level read 0 and water is not going in.

You are putting it in your fresh water not city water connection, correct? 

• Like 3

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

• Moderators

It seems to me that the fresh water connection is a straight shot to the tank and water should flow even if it is full.  If it is full water will come out of the overflow, that’s how I know I have a full tank.  Mike

• Like 3

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

2 hours ago, Mike and Carol said:

It seems to me that the fresh water connection is a straight shot to the tank and water should flow even if it is full.

There is a check valve in that line,  its possible that is defective or clogged with something.   Did you check to see that your screen did not come dislodged and get forced into the valve?   It’s possible to fill the tank from the City Water inlet.   It requires a simple non-standard valve configuration that can be figured out by studying the plumbing diagram.  Let me know if you need more help with that.   

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

“Ramble” - 2021 Legacy Elite II #797;  2020 Ford F-250

• Moderators

A photo of where you have connected would help. 

I'm going to bow out, as you have two much more current owners helping you, now. 

Best of luck.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I have an 2016 Elite II.  I had the same issue a few years ago.  The cause of the problem was a faulty check valve.  I eventually replaced it (it’s located in the basement), but was able to use the inlet in the rear of the trailer to fill the tank.  You might try that as a temporary work around.  You’ll need to re-configure the valves, same as when winterizing.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Russ & Mary Caslin

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 3.0L diesel

2021 Tundra SR5 Double Cab 5.7 V8

image.png.6c46b7d70855cd1c9364e28641ce0762.png AZARCOFLGAIDILKYLAMIMOMTNMNCOKSCTNTXUTWYmed.jpg

Update:  I just looked at the 2022 Owners Manual, Elite plumbing diagram, and found a surprise.  The diagram shows a ball valve on the Fresh Water fill line.   Why it’s there, I have no idea.  I was not aware there is one on my trailer, but it’s also shown on the 2021 diagram.   If there is a valve (I will be checking to confirm), then it must be in the open position on my trailer.   Check to see if you have a valve like that, and if it’s open or closed.  As I mentioned, this temporary problem will not keep you from camping,   You can fill your tank from the Boondocking port, or you can fill it faster from the City Water fill.  To fill using the City Water inlet port, open the 3 valves circled in red in the photo.  The one on the lower left is the valve I’ve never seen before.   No need to watch the See Level monitor, when the tank is full, it will overflow onto the ground.  

234ABA66-497A-4558-B51E-B113184AFE85.png

• Thanks 2
  • Like 3

“Ramble” - 2021 Legacy Elite II #797;  2020 Ford F-250