Stereo Comes On By Itself

Ollietime

Our camper has been parked in the driveway for the past two weeks and we go in, seems like several times per day, for one reason or another. Twice now the radio has been playing when we stepped in and we're certain we didn't leave it on, we never even turn it on when parked in the driveway. I looked through the manual for some features that might be responsible but found nothing. Is there some feature/option that could be turning this thing on?  

David & Kim | Chattanooga, TN | 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4, Hemi 6.4 | Legacy Elite II Twin, Hull# 1213

OllietimeCanadianProvinces.jpg.1e1f1e5bcc91acfa35375b7652b3b852.jpgOllietime US States.jpg

Try this, you may not be turning it off, just to Standby. Push and HOLD the power button. Once off it should stay off until you press it again. This is the same as my six year old model, it took me five years 😳 to figure out how to kill the night mode display and its associated parasitic draw.

6F40D459-B279-47E5-8783-C221F360E33F.thumb.jpeg.114ae00693397ba89fb3fcfd6ae25f0f.jpeg

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

Could it be the alarm?

I only ask, as my phone defaults to same day, every week, if I don't check. Awakened at 3 am twice this summer, by my phone.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators
24 minutes ago, Ollietime said:

I didn't see an alarm feature in the manual, does your have that ability?

I don't really remember,  as we use the radio so little.  And, our early trailer (2008) has a,switch by the door, which us usually set to off.

Just a suggestion to check out, as most radios with a clock have that feature , and it can sometimes be set accidentally.  

Back in my college days, my roommate and I intentionally set the radio alarm to a polka station, to be annoying enough to make sure we got out of bed, on time. 🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Ok, further reading in the manual confirms that pressing and holding the power button actually turns the unit off.  Simply pressing the power button puts it in "Standby" mode. Also, there is an "Alarm" function which is also described in the manual. I somehow missed all that when looking through the manual yesterday. This stereo has a hell of a lot of functionality. Thank you all for helping. 

• Like 2

David & Kim | Chattanooga, TN | 2017 Ram 2500 Laramie 4x4, Hemi 6.4 | Legacy Elite II Twin, Hull# 1213

OllietimeCanadianProvinces.jpg.1e1f1e5bcc91acfa35375b7652b3b852.jpgOllietime US States.jpg