Girl scouts? Do you remember "make new friends, but keep the old?"

SeaDawg

• Moderators

One is silver, and the others gold...

We sang it by the campfire, as kids, and it's just as true today.

I spoke today with a camping friend that I  taught with many, many years ago. (Not telling.,)

She's at a rally that she's been attending for probably a decade. Fun with old friends and new.

Past summer, she created an informal "camping experience " with her senior band friends. 

We've made cherished friends within the Ollie circle, and other friends around the world, camping, in our Ollie, and rentals/ deliveries.

Tonight, in my conversation with my friend,  I  was struck by how much our life has been enriched by our camping  (and sailing/cruising) experiences.  

That song I learned in Brownie camp is just so true. Some people I cherish today, though I've never met them in person.  Others, that I've camped with are cherished in another special way.

Life can be so good, when we get out there, and open our hearts to adventure,  and new friends. 

I do so love the woods, thevbeauty of nature,  the adventure,  and all the opportunities. 

Camping season, for us, this year, is drawing to a close. Maybe a few short trips, but other adventures await.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

11 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

One is silver, and the others gold...

We sang it by the campfire, as kids, and it's just as true today.

I spoke today with a camping friend that I  taught with many, many years ago. (Not telling.,)

She's at a rally that she's been attending for probably a decade. Fun with old friends and new.

Past summer, she created an informal "camping experience " with her senior band friends. 

We've made cherished friends within the Ollie circle, and other friends around the world, camping, in our Ollie, and rentals/ deliveries.

Tonight, in my conversation with my friend,  I  was struck by how much our life has been enriched by our camping  (and sailing/cruising) experiences.  

That song I learned in Brownie camp is just so true. Some people I cherish today, though I've never met them in person.  Others, that I've camped with are cherished in another special way.

Life can be so good, when we get out there, and open our hearts to adventure,  and new friends. 

I do so love the woods, thevbeauty of nature,  the adventure,  and all the opportunities. 

Camping season, for us, this year, is drawing to a close. Maybe a few short trips, but other adventures await.

I love this!❤️

• Thanks 1

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

• Moderators

We’ve made some great Oliver friends over the years.  Real friends.  It’s fun to see them at various places across the country and renew connections.  

We like to camp year round.  We were in Colorado in June and July.  We’ll be out the month of October and then the month of January.  It’s a good pace, home a couple of months, out a month or two, repeat.  Mike

• Like 3

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Yes, all those Girl Scout songs go through my head while hiking....

"I love to go a wandering along the mountain track

And as I go I love to sing, my knapsack on my back

Valderi, Valedera, Valdera Valde ha ha ha ha ha ha

Valderi, Valdera my knapsack on my back

(The Happy Wanderer by Friedn W. Moller)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

"Creativity is the fun of putting together unexpected ideas."  Hazel Edwards

• 3 months later...

Being a Boy Scout the only thing I can remember was when we went to Scout Camp is that the Girl Scouts camp was across the lake from us and we spent our extra time on how to get to the other side of the lake to spy on them. I can't even remember what songs they were singing, but I do remember them swimming at the beach. 

trainman

• Haha 1

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

17 minutes ago, Trainman said:

Being a Boy Scout the only thing I can remember was when we went to Scout Camp is that the Girl Scouts camp was across the lake from us and we spent our extra time on how to get to the other side of the lake to spy on them. I can't even remember what songs they were singing, but I do remember them swimming at the beach. 

trainman

Did we go to the same Boy Scout camp? I think that is what my brother told me, they did,  if I remember right.