Generator Question

Hi Campers,

Is there any reason anyone can think of why a Honda EU2000i generator would not show up on the Xantrex freedom x device in my Oliver Elite II?  

Is it not powerful enough?  Or is either the generator or the Xantrex freedom x not working properly.  Of course, it could just be me!

I started up the generator.  Waited until the green light on the generator indicated it was producing enough voltage.  Then I plugged the cord into the generator first, and then the Oliver.

Is it me, or is it something else?

Would appreciate any advice.

Charlie

Citrus Breeze

Charlie

Hull 734 - 2021 Oliver Elite II

pulled by F-150

Out of Florida

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Citrus breeze said:

Thanks, Steve

I was just researching on the old internet, and read about the necessity of a neutral bonding plug.  I hope to find one near where we are camping tomorrow.

Hull 734

Charlie

Citrusbreeze

Camping world. Rv center. Amazon. 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 2 weeks later...

Also if you have the Xantrex Freedom X 3000 you might experience your Honda 2000 getting overloaded. This happened to me. You can change  the Xantrex Settings to lower the draw and eliminate the overload.

To do this:

Turn on your inverter

Hold the bottom button for 3 seconds until the readout changes to [00] 1

Press the middle button (^) to toggle through the settings until you get to [28] 25A

Press OK until  25A is blinking then press the middle button (^) to toggle through to change the setting to 15A. You will have to go all the up to I think 50A to get back to the lower numbers. This will lower the draw to keep the generator from getting overloaded. When you are back to a 30A power supply you should change this setting back to 25A so your batteries will charge fast.

• Like 3

2019 Elite II Hull 435, 2022 Toyota Tundra

15 minutes ago, wolfdds said:

You will have to go all the up to I think 50A to get back to the lower numbers.

You can press and hold the ^ button to go backwards (down) through the settings.

• Like 1

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg