Is my new 2023 Tundar enough TV for an Ollie? Please advise!

John E Davies

4E88B1B5-FDA0-4E0E-A044-35C8E3A67108.webp.16fc2f4a2c7d92e7464769b3ceacaaf2.webp

The payload is OK, I think it is over well over 800 pounds. I haven’t found that darned payload sticker yet. And the salesman assured me it had the Tow Package, but I can’t find the receiver! I admit that I did have a really hard time understanding him… but Google Translate was really helpful! .😬

C25DEED6-65A9-4B9A-A6F2-8E1C062C7C3F.webp.a6d0af7a386343482a331c22408ea0ad.webp

I really hope this truck will work, if not can I modify it? Maybe 2000 pound airbags? (Those will increase my payload to 2800, correct?) I already placed an order for a new Ollie LE2 with all the options! BTW, I will be primarily boondocking in the Colorado High country, and I also hope to drive to the Arctic Circle... so I am also looking for an in-bed fuel tank, not too big, maybe 100 gallons. So far I haven’t found one. Please help. Thanks in advance!

https://www.hotcars.com/chinas-svh-tundar-blatantly-ripping-off-the-tundra-pickup-may-not-sit-well-with-toyota/

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

🤣 That’s the same size 3 cylinder 1 liter engine that was in my 2008 Smart Fortwo Cabriolet. Who knew I could tow so much with it! 😄

• Haha 1

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

John:

How did you purchase that China Tundar?

Funny that your pictures on your post are the same pictures in the link you provided!

• Haha 2

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

John, I know you are a Toyota person and that's ok, for myself we have a Toyota built Lexus. I myself living in Texas and Toyota Tundra's being built here I would have to go with one of the Texas built vehicles. There must be a big difference in price between the two Tundra's so maybe that will work for some. I would also keep in mind factory warrantees and where would you get warrantee work done here in the U.S. Maybe I missed something here as to dealers, service work, etc., but it wouldn't be for me. For myself I have to have styling as well as performance, so this vehicle would be out for me. I know I'm selling our trailer, so my comment on this vehicle is probably and is only my opinion of said vehicle, so if it works for some, go for it. 

trainman

• Like 2

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.