Last trip of the season

Katjo

• Moderators

6 to 10 weeks after the cicadas start singing. 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I usually winterize in late October or early November here in our part of PA.  That’s when the overnight temperatures can start getting below freezing at night.   I don’t like to take any chances.   There was one Oliver owner who posted a horror story here on the forum of all the damage caused to his trailer by getting caught “un-winterized” during a cold spell.  It pretty much destroyed every part/component of the water system.  A very expensive repair bill.  

• Like 1

Just now, Frank C said:

I usually winterize in late October or early November here in our part of PA.  That’s when the overnight temperatures can start getting below freezing at night.   I don’t like to take any chances.   There was one Oliver owner who posted a horror story here on the forum of all the damage caused to his trailer by getting caught “un-winterized” during a cold spell.  It pretty much destroyed every part/component of the water system.  A very expensive repair bill.  

Oh my goodness, how awful! Those unexpected temperature drops can really catch you off guard. We usually winterize mid-October in Michigan. 

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

• Moderator+
3 hours ago, Katjo said:

We are preparing for our last trip of the season then it will be time to put our Ollie into hibernation for the Winter😢
When do you winterize? 

Oh my Goodness. We are planning on leaving on our FIRST trip of the season this coming Saturday.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

18 minutes ago, ScubaRx said:

Oh my Goodness. We are planning on leaving on our FIRST trip of the season this coming Saturday.

We are looking forward to the day we can travel all year round and never have to winterize. One more year to go! 
Have a wonderful first trip of the season.😃

• Like 2

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

• Moderators

I can offer advice on a lot of Oliver topics, but winterizing is something I’ve never done!  Like Steve and Tali, we are leaving next week for a month long trip.  We’ll be back for Thanksgiving and Christmas and then leave for Arizona and other spots before the Christmas holidays are over.  Mike

• Like 6

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

2 hours ago, Mike and Carol said:

I can offer advice on a lot of Oliver topics, but winterizing is something I’ve never done!  Like Steve and Tali, we are leaving next week for a month long trip.  We’ll be back for Thanksgiving and Christmas and then leave for Arizona and other spots before the Christmas holidays are over.  Mike

So nice. Living the dream!😃

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan