Our First Oliver siting in the wild, in central Ohio

Steve Morris

Our first Oliver siting in the wild!

I-71 Nortbound just north of Columbus, Ohio. Thursday, Sept 29 2:45 PM Orange graphics on the front. 

👋👋

And then an hour later, we saw another one, also heading north on I-71, but a bit south of Columbus. 

We’re either of these someone on here? Y’all having a secret rally I’m missing out on?

Meanwhile, we’re in our squaredrop at Caesar Creek State Park, where it is supposed to get to 40 degrees tonight. Brrr!

64EFE1F0-D168-4B2A-BBE3-C6D491BAA070.thumb.jpeg.15611714253c0c78b50c0eb1b787cccd.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

• The title was changed to Our First Oliver siting in the wild, in central Ohio
  • Moderators
10 hours ago, Steve and Deb said:

Meanwhile, we’re in our squaredrop at Caesar Creek State Park, where it is supposed to get to 40 degrees tonight. Brrr!

40s at night makes for good sleeping!  We had several of those in Colorado this summer.  Heading out next week and hope to have more.  Mike

• Like 6

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

No "secret" Ollie rally that I know of but I do remember when I saw my first Ollie in the wild.  I waved like crazy and honked my horn - to no avail - but the look on the face of the lady in the car next to me was priceless.  Guess she thought that I had lost it.

Camping at 40 degrees in that little camper really shouldn't require much heat with one or two people inside it.  The Oliver is going to be sooooo much more comfortable.

Bill

• Like 4

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

11 hours ago, Steve and Deb said:

We’re either of these someone on here? Y’all having a secret rally I’m missing out on?

Steve,

We too are waiting on our Oliver LE II and saw one yesterday going through the pass at Black Mountain, NC. We were heading east and they were westbound. Looked like faded blue graphics on the front (or light blue). We did park across from one out at Flathead Lake, MT two years ago but we were Airstreamers and they didn't seem too chatty. LOL.

We are burning through 30 years of Marriott points on this trip, good thing too with all this rain in NC.

Travel Safe,

Brian

• Like 3

Yep, it was 40 this morning, and good sleeping. Two of us with just sheets, a fake feather comforter, and a quilt across my cold feet. We have a 200W heater to take the chill off, and vents open with Fantastic Fan on low to get the moisture out. 

The only time I was cold were the two trips during the night “looking at stars”. 😉 Deb has a shower/potty tent, which has a 500W ceramic heater running in it all night, so she was warmer in there than in the trailer. 😀

Still, the best part was outside making tea/coffee and breakfast; something we’ll continue to do with the Oliver. We have a nice camp kitchen setup, and plan to use it most of the time. 

• Like 1

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg