How to get the bugs off!

Katjo

• Moderators
1 hour ago, John Welte said:

Bill, I bought Rejex, microfiber towels and dryer sheets.  I thought I would apply some Rejex to the front before leaving Tennessee.

All good choices.  

However, I found that even though it does a good job (when applied correctly), Rejex is harder to deal with as compared to similar products - like the products from DuraGloss.

After a couple of years of using the Rejex/DuraGloss formulations I have simply returned to using Meguiars Premium Marine Wax (Like This).

Bill

• Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

When I was flying a club Cessna, I used Adolph's meat tenderizer on the leading edge to remove stubborn bugs. The  Enzymes seem to work and I would use a Starlite product after to seal the surface.

That was a few years ago and there must be better products available as previous posters have suggested.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
Legacy Elite I

ALCTDEFLGAKYMEMDMANHNJNYNCPARISCTNVTVAWV

• 2 weeks later...

As others have mentioned just keeping a good coat of wax on the gelcoat and using warm water and a mild carwash soap keeps our Ollie looking great. And yes plenty of elbow grease. 👍🏻

Patriot 

• Like 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg