Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta

Hi All!

We are on our way to the International Balloon Fiesta and and will be staying Monday-Thursday in the VIP West (Harvest Host) area. Anyone else heading that way and/or interested in an impromptu meet-up?

We are currently Airstreamers, but ordered our Ollie last week, so expectant family members.  We’re full-timers and heading to Alaska next summer. We’d love to meet up with other travelers.

Cheers,

Jason (The Captain), Kelly (The Admiral) & Stormy (The Ensign)

58EABCA2-80ED-4665-A0EB-E7CB598369B6.thumb.jpeg.c10b3ca61b605834beac54abf3589d0d.jpeg

• Like 6

Currently 2019 Airstream Classic 30

On Order 2023 Legacy Elite II

2018 Ford F-250 gasser

visited-canadian-provinces-map.png.d7625823c5c3d90ddcee80c69db5189c.pngvisited-united-states-map.png.98faa49b344064c8b19f5118130e9be9.png

Hi Jason, Kelly and Stormy! The balloon festival sounds like so much fun. Enjoy! My husband Kirk and I pick up our new Ollie December 5. Getting ready for our drive out to Tennessee in a few weeks. It seems that we have a lot in common with you guys (looked you up on Instagram). We too love IPAs, wineries, sailing, adventures and we have a silly standard poodle named Galena. Would love to meet you guys someday. Our home base is Twin Falls, Idaho. See you down the road. Carrie Peterson

• Like 2

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

• Moderators

We had to cancel a group outing a couple years back (covid). I'll look forward to your photos!

I'm guess by your name that you are also sailors. Welcome aboard!

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Sailors of sea, sailors of land - welcome!

A "number" of years ago my wife and I drove through Albuquerque on our way to a hiking trip out of Silver City, NM and stopped at a motel for the night.

When we got up the next morning the sky was covered with balloons!  It was either the first or second year of the festival and we did know a thing about it.

Have a great time!

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• 1 month later...

#837 will be at the 2023 balloon festival. Plan to stay at the KOA the first 3 days.  Wishing you safe travels and lots of adventures.

• Like 3

ALAZARCOFLGAKSKYLAMSMTNENVNMNYOHOKPATNTX

#837 started this new traveling experience in the summer of 2021 and loving it.

TV is 2020 Durango Citadel or 2021 Dodge 1500 diesel V6.  2021

• 2 months later...
  • Moderators

There are several YouTube videos relative to the balloon festival by RV'ers that have been there over the past couple of years.  These include advice on the best places to camp, etc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN7IfcWkrHg&ab_channel=ChangingLanes

This link is for one of them but there are several others too.

Bill

p.s. the "link" function was not working when I posted this but you can copy and paste the above link if it doesn't take you directly there.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• 3 months later...
On 10/2/2022 at 6:44 AM, HardAleeAdventures said:

Cheers,

Jason (The Captain), Kelly (The Admiral) & Stormy (The Ensign)

Welcome!  But hey?  Where's the Command Master Chief for this crew?  HA!

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Oscar & Magnus (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX