Galley lights inop

Liana

Our two under cabinet Galley lights stopped working.  Every other light in the trailer works fine. We haven't moved the trailer in several weeks and Those lights were working just fine until yesterday morning. 

I'd Suspect A fuse if others were also inop, (I don't see a fuse dedicated to lights, are they on the TV circuit?)

Not sure what else to check?

2018 LE2 #333  "the Otter"

2015 Silverado 2500HD

The touch lights are flakey.  Mine over the sink particularly so.  You can remove the cover and see if the spring contacts are messed up, but I've not read of any true repair process.  I got a few spares from Oliver Service.  FWIW, they aren't crazy about them either.

• Like 1

2020 Legacy Elite II Hull 625 - 2013 Lexus LX 570

San Antonio/Boerne - Texas Hill Country

• Moderators

Liana - 

Given your hull number I suspect that you have the "touch" lights (i.e. you touch or push them to turn them on)?

If this is the case then about all you can do is get replacements from Service.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Ours - over the stove - glows faintly when it's very, very dark.  If you close your eyes, you can't see it!

Charlie.

• Wow 1

ALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMA

Arizona | 2020 Oliver Elite II Twin bed Hull #617 | 2021 Ram 1500 e-Hemi 4x4

1 minute ago, Liana said:

No, we don't Have touch lights

Then most likely you just need new bulbs which are probably G4 type. I'd swap the bulbs with one of the working lights to confirm.

• Like 2

2010 Elite II, Hull #45.  2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4WD 5.7 with tow package.

38 minutes ago, CRM said:

Then most likely you just need new bulbs which are probably G4 type. I'd swap the bulbs with one of the working lights to confirm.

It looks like VERY tiny screws hold a retaining ring to remove them?

2018 LE2 #333  "the Otter"

2015 Silverado 2500HD

1 hour ago, Liana said:

Our two under cabinet Galley lights stopped working.

These are LED lights so more than likely it's the switch. Open the access plate in the cabinet above and reach in behind the switch panel to feel for the switch wires. Count the wire groups over until you've found the one for the kitchen light switch. Wiggling the wire connections slightly will sometimes cause the internal switch contacts to start working. Otherwise, push the switch out of the panel from behind and have Oliver send you a replacement.

• Like 3

• Moderator+
2 hours ago, CnC said:

If you close your eyes, you can't see it!

Charlie.

I like that solution. Simple, easy, cheap and quick. 

• Like 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg