AGWS USA Travel Care Warranty - is it worth it?

Roadlotus

Hi All,

I am financing half the cost of my Ollie and the lender that Oliver recommends has approved me, and they said 99% of buyers they work with also get the AGWS USA Travel Care Warranty - it add $25/mth to my 6-yr loan and covers repairs for 7 years except for the hull and roof. I'm attaching the brochure. Has anyone used them and is this a worthwhile add on?

Second, and Totally unrelated, why are there two Oliver Owner facebook forums? Why not just simplify into one? Seems a little redundant to me from the outside looking in,

As always, thank you!

Road Lotus AKA Mary

841183372_USATowableBrochure072920.pdf

2022 EII owner, Hull 1284, Tow Vehicle: 2021 Nissan Titan XD. 2022 lithium pro package which is 630 amp hours and 340 watt panels with a 3000 w inverter.

• Moderators

1st question - Just like any insurance the answer to you question depends on:

a.  can you afford to "self insure"?  The word "afford" has several meanings here - obviously the money involved is one but what about peace of mind knowing that many "big" expenses will already be taken care of?

b.  what are the "odds" that you will actually need the insurance?  Obviously, the odds are very good IF you ever have a claim, but, these same odds are very bad if you never have a claim.

c.  are you disciplined enough to "pay" yourself that  $25 per month and put it into a "repair fund".  And even if the answer is "yes" then will it be enough to cover the expense of what you might have to repair?

Remember that you already have some insurance on a brand new Oliver.  Certainly for at least the first year you will be paying that additional $25 per month for basically nothing given that the Oliver warranty covers everything.

2nd question - I do not "do" Facebook, so, I'm not the best person to ask.  From what little I do know, at least one of the Facebook groups was formed in order to make it a bit easier to post pictures and since members of a group were more "centered on Facebook for other aspects of their lives, it was simply an easier platform for them (i.e. it avoided having to jump back and forth from one thing to another with different formats).  Why there are two separate groups?  I could guess but that would be of no use.

Bill

• Like 4

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Thank you Bill 🙂 I’m sure I could park $25 a month towards repairs, but I’m curious if these types of warranties have been valuable for others. I typically disdain any type of extended warranties but I know there can be lots of issues with the trailer despite best efforts. And I live across the country from Oliver. And I am on my own after my husband passed. So I am not afraid to try to fix stuff but I don’t have the skills that he had.

The idea for the Facebook makes sense except for having two of them 🙂 thank you again and I’ll be curious to hear from others regarding their experiences with this type of warranty.

sincerely,

Mary

2022 EII owner, Hull 1284, Tow Vehicle: 2021 Nissan Titan XD. 2022 lithium pro package which is 630 amp hours and 340 watt panels with a 3000 w inverter.

• Moderators

Your Oliver warranty covers you, wherever you are. Many components have a 2 year warranty. 

Buying an extended warranty is a very personal decision.  But, we usually vote against them. Most problems rear their ugly heads in the first year, imo. 

• Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Thank you Sea Dawg,

My first inclination is a big no to them. But trailering is a little different than buying a car. So that’s why I’m interested in folks’ opinions.

• Like 1

I agree with SeaDawg in that most problems arise within the first year and you do have the Oliver warranty. 
It really is a personal decision, but we typically don’t buy extended warranty’s. 

The two separate Oliver groups on FB “Oliver Trailer Owners” and “Oliver Owners of America” are redundant however, anyone can make a group and that is what happen with two separate by similar Oliver groups. These groups were started by an owner(s) not by Oliver. 

• Like 2

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

• Moderators

Oliver should pick up any issues the first year or so, at any RV repair facility you choose.  We’ve not had any significant repair items in almost 7 years.  Mostly just upkeep, tires and batteries have been the only major expenses and I doubt an extended warranty would cover those.  Mike 

• Like 4

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

The two Oliver groups were started years apart, by different Oliver owners. 

I don't spend a lot of time on Facebook. 

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.