DC Television

John Welte

Hi all, I read about a DC TV being available for RV's.  I thought the TV in the Oliver ran off AC.  Can anyone here confirm?  TIA.

John

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

• Moderators

The TV in the Oliver runs off DC - 12 volt.  At least up to the 2020 models.

Bill

Edited by topgun2
added detail
  • Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

17 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

The TV in the Oliver runs off DC - 12 volt.

Bill

So it's just the convection microwave and A/C that require AC?

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

The new units have AC powered smart TVs. They work pretty well, too. We're able to stream lots of content connected to a hotspot on a phone.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

6 minutes ago, bhncb said:

Oliver switched from a DC to an AC Visio beginning in 2020.

I thought that they were AC.  I have been reading everything in the manuals.

• Like 2

spacer.png

• Moderators
1 hour ago, bhncb said:

Oliver switched from a DC to an AC Visio beginning in 2020.

My bad!  

I'm running 0 for 2 today.  Hopefully this is not old age.😬

Thanks for the update!

Bill

p.s.  I have edited my post above to reflect the change in the 2020 models.

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

I use the Google Chromecast at home for streaming, so I got one for the Ollie, plugged it into the Visio HDMI slot, and it works like a charm. I turn on the hotspot on my android phone, which allows the television to connect, then stream whatever I want. I have the lithiums and am able to power the television, microwave and air conditioner off the batteries (not at the same time!).

• Like 3

2021 Elite II #841, 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4, 3.0 diesel