Oliver E2 #1261

chiwald

Good morning Oliver family,

We just became members last Thursday!! We are so excited about our upcoming adventures. Question for you. I ordered several upgrades from Foy Sperring and one of them was the wood insert to put in-between the twin beds to convert it to a queen. We have the new mattresses, not the KTT. Does anyone on the forum have this? Can you tell me where you ordered a foam insert for the middle and at what depth? Thanks in advance. LOVE everything so far!PXL_20221009_153037094.thumb.jpg.d5719927dd4f485812a35cb168d978dd.jpg

• Like 10

Explore, Dream, Discover

Christi, Matt & Lucy

2022 Legacy Elite II, TB

Hull # 1261

2019 F150 Limited

• Moderators

Welcome to the Family.  Indeed, you are now a full fledged member with one very nice looking rig.

Perhaps a PM to Foy would help in getting the measurements you need and even might help in getting a source for that insert.

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Welcome, and congratulations! Let the adventures begin! 

Kirk

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

Congratulations!  We will be hull #1290 picking up November 7.

• Like 4

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

Welcome! That's a great looking combination you have. As you've already found, there's a wealth of information here, and wonderful people more than willing to share.

Numbers are going up fast! I don't think we'll be 1313 come March 28th, since they're building the trailers os quickly. If we were 1313, I was going to name the trailer Mockingbird. 🤪

R.bbac3dbd751c30eca688eb8f56d70117.thumb.jpeg.53fe12fa9e00accf9a2bd50ea22dfd67.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

• 1 month later...

Thanks everyone!! We have been to several local campgrounds in our area just to get things figured out. Boondocking question, we haven't done this yet, but are planning to boondock up to the Adirondack Mountains in January 2023. After we get there we will be in a campground but want to boondock to and from. We want to go play in the snow! 🙂 ❄️ Could anyone tell me what kind of drain on the lithium batteries the furnace would be while not using shore power? We weren't planning on buying a generator just yet. Thank you!! 

Pic of our new tag!

CW

Hull #1261.

PXL_20221120_193603133.jpg

• Like 6

Explore, Dream, Discover

Christi, Matt & Lucy

2022 Legacy Elite II, TB

Hull # 1261

2019 F150 Limited

• Moderators
On 10/13/2022 at 5:18 PM, Steve and Deb said:

Welcome! That's a great looking combination you have. As you've already found, there's a wealth of information here, and wonderful people more than willing to share.

Numbers are going up fast! I don't think we'll be 1313 come March 28th, since they're building the trailers os quickly. If we were 1313, I was going to name the trailer Mockingbird. 🤪

R.bbac3dbd751c30eca688eb8f56d70117.thumb.jpeg.53fe12fa9e00accf9a2bd50ea22dfd67.jpeg

Sorry to go off thread, but there's a new Addams family series on Netflix. WEDNESDAY.  I've only watched a few episodes, but it's pretty good. 

• Like 4

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

41 minutes ago, chiwald said:

Could anyone tell me what kind of drain on the lithium batteries the furnace would be while not using shore power?

No worries with LiFePO4 batteries and the furnace.  The furnace only draws a few amp hours to run the fan when using Propane.  However, if using the heat pump capability on some units, it would not last very many days.  Recommend traveling with a 95% SOC before leaving.

• Like 2

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DYI’s:  BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DYI’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Timken Bearings, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all.

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

On 10/13/2022 at 3:18 PM, Steve and Deb said:

We were hoping for 1300 or 1313. We ended up with 1305. We don’t have a name yet.

Kirk

• Like 2

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

• Moderators

When we had two 100aH Battle Born lithiums running the furnace all night didn’t take them down much at all.  You don’t have anything to worry about.  Now that I’ve added a third running the furnace won’t be anything I will fret about at all.  Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

17 hours ago, chiwald said:

Could anyone tell me what kind of drain on the lithium batteries the furnace would be while not using shore power?

We boondocked one cold night in Oklahoma on our way home from Hohenwald a couple of weeks ago.  We ran the furnace all night.  By morning there were white flakes falling from the sky.  The power drain on our 390 Ah Lithium Pro Package was about 15% (meaning the Lithionics app showed about 85% State of Charge on all 3 of our batteries that morning).

Even though the next day was mostly cloudy, our batteries were back close to 100% State of Charge by that evening just from solar recharge.  Our trailer, like all Olivers with lithium batteries, is not recharged by the tow vehicle alternator. 

While battery drain should not be an issue when running the furnace overnight for up to 4-5 nights, you should also keep tabs on your propane supply.  We burned through about 1.6 gallons of propane every cold night.  So, with the two stock 5-gallon propane tanks, you should be o.k. for those same 4-5 nights before getting your propane tanks refilled.

• Like 2

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

13 hours ago, Rivernerd said:

We boondocked one cold night in Oklahoma on our way home from Hohenwald a couple of weeks ago.  We ran the furnace all night.  By morning there were white flakes falling from the sky.  The power drain on our 390 Ah Lithium Pro Package was about 15% (meaning the Lithionics app showed about 85% State of Charge on all 3 of our batteries that morning).

Even though the next day was mostly cloudy, our batteries were back close to 100% State of Charge by that evening just from solar recharge.  Our trailer, like all Olivers with lithium batteries, is not recharged by the tow vehicle alternator. 

While battery drain should not be an issue when running the furnace overnight for up to 4-5 nights, you should also keep tabs on your propane supply.  We burned through about 1.6 gallons of propane every cold night.  So, with the two stock 5-gallon propane tanks, you should be o.k. for those same 4-5 nights before getting your propane tanks refilled.

I had a similar draw on our Lithium batteries in Wyoming.  It was 5-10°f at night and I went from 100% to 84% soc with the furnace going for 12 hours.  Driving in mostly sunny Utah/southern Idaho the solar panels brought the batteries back up to 97% soc the next day.  When I went to fill up the propane tank from that one night, they only were able to put 0.6 gallon in.  I wanted to see how much I had used.Oddly enough, after a week in Tennessee they put 6.4 gallons in one 20# tank.  It was empty, but how is that even possible?  I thought they only held 4.6 gallons when full.  I watched him zero out the gauge.  Still scratching my head on that one.  Can a tank be over filled?

John

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

38 minutes ago, John Welte said:

I watched him zero out the gauge.  Still scratching my head on that one.  Can a tan

Sounds like a pump calibration problem to me.  Wonder when the state last check it (if ever?)

Charlie.

• Wow 1

ALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMA

Arizona | 2020 Oliver Elite II Twin bed Hull #617 | 2021 Ram 1500 e-Hemi 4x4

28 minutes ago, CnC said:

Sounds like a pump calibration problem to me.  Wonder when the state last check it (if ever?)

Charlie.

Charlie,

It was in Tennessee.  Usually they take a screwdriver on the tank and turn off the gas when some escapes.  They didn't do that there.  I thought, maybe it's a new style tank.

John 

spacer.png

36 minutes ago, John Welte said:

Usually they take a screwdriver on the tank and turn off the gas when some escapes.

Well, I think Dolly said "you can't put 10 pounds in a 5 pound sack" or something like that 😶

Charlie.

• Haha 3

ALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMA

Arizona | 2020 Oliver Elite II Twin bed Hull #617 | 2021 Ram 1500 e-Hemi 4x4

10 hours ago, chiwald said:

Thank you all for your responses! Yay.......no generator yet!

I carry a Honda EU 2200.  Used to use it quite a bit.  Now with Lithiums, Victron DC to DC Charger, and a 200 Watt Solar Suit Case, much less so.  

• Like 3

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DYI’s:  BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DYI’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Timken Bearings, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all.

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

9 hours ago, CnC said:

Well, I think Dolly said "you can't put 10 pounds in a 5 pound sack" or something like that 😶

Charlie.

Someone said maybe the gauge was wrong.  I just paid, but wondered how they got 6.4 gallons in a 20# container!

John 

spacer.png

On 11/30/2022 at 12:56 PM, chiwald said:

Thanks everyone!! We have been to several local campgrounds in our area just to get things figured out. Boondocking question, we haven't done this yet, but are planning to boondock up to the Adirondack Mountains in January 2023. After we get there we will be in a campground but want to boondock to and from. We want to go play in the snow! 🙂 ❄️ Could anyone tell me what kind of drain on the lithium batteries the furnace would be while not using shore power? We weren't planning on buying a generator just yet. Thank you!! 

Pic of our new tag!

CW

Hull #1261.

PXL_20221120_193603133.jpg

Both Rivernerd and I boondocked coming back to the Pacific Northwest.  He is #1291.  I am #1290.  We both used 14-15 % of the Lithium pro batteries using the furnace fan and some lights in sub zero temperatures with a Truma furnace for one night.  We were both traveling during the day and the solar panels brought us back to nearly 100% even with mid November sunny or cloudy days.  We weren't traveling together as we had a few days between our delivery day.  In January in the Adirondacks, it will be even less sun.  It sounds like you will hook up while there.  You may not have city water with freezing temperatures at night.

John

• Like 1

spacer.png

• 1 month later...
On 10/13/2022 at 4:18 PM, Steve and Deb said:

Numbers are going up fast! I don't think we'll be 1313 come March 28th, since they're building the trailers os quickly.

@Steve and Deb your profile says Hull #1360; has Oliver provided you with a Hull number already?  Our delivery is set to be 3/8/23 and we have not heard a thing on that front.

Brian

2 hours ago, chiwald said:

Here is what we chose for the front of our Oliver.

@chiwald Nice looking rig!  We will be all white with a Ford as well. Not scheduled to pick up until 3/8/23. Where are you from? (Might want to update sig block) — I assume that decal is from Etsy?  We have been looking at similar decals but yours is the best we have seen so far.

B&B