AC outlets not working

My AC outlets  (gfi and below pantry ) are not working. The usb outlets are fine. I tested the dinette gfi and reset there is no light indicating power. I looked at the breaker box and reset the reciprocal breaker.  Should I turn off my zamp before I try a new fuse  and which fuse would that be? If that doesn’t work any suggestions. 

2022 Oliver Legacy Elite ll  Hull 1267   10/6/22      Solar with AGMs   
 2015 Ram 2500 HD Cummins   B&H Hitch 

There is no fuse at all. You don’t need to shut off the Zamp controller or any other 12 volt source, but you should disconnect shore power (or turn off the inverter) when actually working directly on the wires. The 120 volt circuit breaker does the same job as a low voltage fuse. You need to buy or borrow an outlet GFCI tester, similar to this. Make sure it has the Test button.

D5E9C9AD-C3D2-4CB3-9357-7F0E861F2C9E.jpeg.862530aaf18b33169044a10b5cd3534e.jpeg

Check all your outlets, the GFCI one is the “first in line”, it protects all the others from a short circuit. It is very common for them to fail. If the wires in back appear to be secure, then you may need to replace it. If you are not comfortable changing the outlet, you need to borrow a friend or hire an electrician. If yours is a new trailer, it should be covered by the Oliver warranty.

https://www.dfliq.net/blog/what-is-gfci-outlet/

Please add your tow vehicle and trailer model and hull number to your signature, so we know what you have!, 

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 7

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

thank you for the reply. It is a new trailer picked up Oct 6,  Trailer was not plugged into shore power I was driveway surfing with friends on my way home.  Nothing was plugged into it since leaving the last campground several days ago all was well I went in last nite and was going to run my space heater and no power to outlets. I will get the tester today.  Thanks

So I found a tester and plugged it in at the house it worked fine.  then went to the camper and plugged into main gfi it had no readout no lights nothing. Also the gfi doesn’t reset.  so I guess this means a new one needs to be installed … one more question is this safety issue to leave for a week when I will get home and can have my friend the electrician replace it I am not plugged into shore  power bit solar is running charging batteries and running .only lights I winterized it a couple of days ago.  For the cold that will be here for a couple of days      Or I could ask the people here what electrician they use…

• Like 1

If you are concerned about leaving it switch off the microwave circuit breaker, that will remove power from the entire 120 volt  circuit.

Since you have not been plugged into shore power, I have to ask this….. did you try turning on your inverter? When you are not plugged in, that is the only way to energize those outlets. Sorry if that is a silly question, but we do have a lot of first time owners here.

FYI, you can run a space heater for a very short while using the inverter, but it will deplete your batteries VERY quickly. It is far better to use the propane furnace when you are boondocking. It only uses 3 amps when the fan is blowing. 

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 6

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators

Agree with John.  If you are plugged in to shore power and your inverter is on and still no 120V, you could always run an extension cord to your heater from the outlet your are using in the driveway for heat overnight.  Bring the cord through a window, the small amount the window is open shouldn’t be a big deal.  We got into the 20s last night with both ceiling vents open and the window next to my bed cracked.  Mike

• Like 6

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

Kansa - 

I also apologize like JED above but are you sure that the will not reset?  Sometimes they can be a bit finicky when you push in that reset button.  It is a bit unusual for a GFI as new as yours is to be faulty (but certainly it can and does happen). 

• Like 5

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators
14 hours ago, Kansa said:

Finally We worked it through thank you for all your help…

Inquiring minds just want to know - what was the actual "problem"?

Bill

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• 3 weeks later...

Glad it works now.  

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DYI’s:  BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DYI’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Timken Bearings, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all.

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg