Finally Placed our LE II order

Ollie-Haus

Been planning for a travel trailer for several years getting ready for retirement. We finally purchased the new tow vehicle last year and got it paid for. We finally settled on the Oliver LE II and decided to place the order this week. We have a build schedule of March and deliver around the middle of April. We can't wait to begin this chapter of our lives and start exploring all the places we've only dreamed of till now. 

We aren't new to camping, nor are we inexperienced with travel trailers. We had a 34' Jayco Eagle with a super slide back in the late 90s. Sold it by around 2002 and haven't owned a camper since. We started researching brands about three years ago, watching tons of YouTube channels about full timing and all the other RV topics that are there for the watching. We started narrowing down the brands and models we like last year and the Olivers were at the top of the list. We did take the factory tour about a year and a half ago and were blown away. 

We are both semi retired right now, meaning my wife works part time for social outlet and fun money at a local farm market, and I work for myself at my own pace when I feel like it. We have several hobbies we enjoy and I'm also in the middle of remodeling our downsizer retirement home in the country in preparation for full retirement soon. We have two dogs, Border Terriers, at home. We have one married son and one grandson a year old. Part of our RV life will include spending extended periods in Texas with our son's family and enjoying our grandson as much as possible. 

We look forward to becoming seasoned Ollie owners and participating and getting to know the greater Oliver family. 

• Like 14

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

Congratulations on your order! We have been waiting patiently for our E2. Production began Monday, delivery is in 5 weeks. It has been fun learning from everyone on the forum and watching some of the YouTube videos. The owner’s manual for the 2023 E2 is supposed to be published under the University tab of the Oliver website by the end of this week. 
it is an exciting time! 
Kirk

• Like 7

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

• Moderators

Congrats on your order!  Before you know it you’ll be on your way to Hohenwald to pick up your new Oliver.  If you can attend a rally you will meet a bunch of Oliver owners.  It seems that we run into fellow owners quite often all over the US.  

Look forward to meeting you.  Mike

• Like 5

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

22 minutes ago, snakeriveridaho said:

Congratulations on your order! We have been waiting patiently for our E2. Production began Monday, delivery is in 5 weeks. It has been fun learning from everyone on the forum and watching some of the YouTube videos. The owner’s manual for the 2023 E2 is supposed to be published under the University tab of the Oliver website by the end of this week. 
it is an exciting time! 
Kirk

We are very excited too, and have a lot to do between now and delivery day. I'd like to build a covered parking space next to our garage before then. But I'm also trying to finish the remodel of our new to us home so that we can enjoy a lot more free time and lower budget during retirement. All this will make the wait go very fast I'm sure. 

• Like 4

States Visited Map

8 minutes ago, Mike and Carol said:

Congrats on your order!  Before you know it you’ll be on your way to Hohenwald to pick up your new Oliver.  If you can attend a rally you will meet a bunch of Oliver owners.  It seems that we run into fellow owners quite often all over the US.  

Thank you for the welcome. We're looking forward very much to the annual rally. Having followed the previous rallies, it just looks like a great time with soon to be friends. 

• Like 3

States Visited Map

• Moderators

Welcome to the Family (almost).

What are you going to tow your new Ollie with?

Have you made reservations for the annual rally yet - if not then I'd suggest that you look into getting a site reserved at Lake Guntersville, AL very soon.

Bill

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Congratulations on your decision to buy.  For us it was difficult to commit.  My wife was hesitant to buy because they're expensive, but we did order an LE2 that we pick up in less than two weeks.  Your time to pick up will go fast.  Maybe we'll see you on the road.

John

• Like 5

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

• Moderators
2 hours ago, John Welte said:

Your time to pick up will go fast.

John makes a very good point.

During the wait for your Ollie you should view as many videos as you can - some more than once.  Visit the Oliver University often.  Read what you can here on the Forum and ask questions about anything that is not clear to you.

Add all of this to those projects that you already have going on and you will most likely find that all of a sudden you are sitting in Hohenwald and trying to absorb all the information they will give you.  Enjoy the process!

Bill

• Like 4

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

7 hours ago, topgun2 said:

Welcome to the Family (almost).

What are you going to tow your new Ollie with?

Have you made reservations for the annual rally yet - if not then I'd suggest that you look into getting a site reserved at Lake Guntersville, AL very soon.

Bill

Hey Bill,

What's it cost for the event as far as camp sites? I saw the $100 registration fee. Also what is the best area to camp in, or are they all really nice? I've kept up on previous rallies and it looks like a lot of fun. 

We bought a '21 F350 7.3 gas Tremor last year in anticipation for the travel trailer. Plenty of truck for sure and capable of getting us off the beaten path if we choose. I added an ARE Z series fiberglass cap to the back to gain more weather proof cargo space on board. 

thumbnail.thumb.jpg.ac0a1e90173b928855bc912c77059a19.jpg

• Like 2

States Visited Map

• Moderators

Try THIS for making reservations and getting more info on Lake Guntersville State Park.  Around $30/night is the camping fee and I believe that there is a $5.00 fee for online reservations - but - you can always call them instead.  If I were you - I'd call them and be sure to mention that you are with the Oliver Rally.  There are sites that have been reserved for Oliver owners and hopefully all of them are not gone at this point.

Another Forum member has one of those F-350's but I believe that his is diesel and a Tremor versus the King Ranch.  Certainly more than enough truck to get the job done.

Bill

• Like 5

16 hours ago, topgun2 said:

Try THIS for making reservations and getting more info on Lake Guntersville State Park.  Around $30/night is the camping fee and I believe that there is a $5.00 fee for online reservations - but - you can always call them instead.  If I were you - I'd call them and be sure to mention that you are with the Oliver Rally.  There are sites that have been reserved for Oliver owners and hopefully all of them are not gone at this point.

Another Forum member has one of those F-350's but I believe that his is diesel and a Tremor versus the King Ranch.  Certainly more than enough truck to get the job done.

Bill

Yes that would be @Patriot who I'm acquainted with via the Super Duty Tremor forum. He has actually encouraged me in the decision to choose the Oliver. Also acquainted on the same forum with @Raspy who formerly owned an LE2.   

I got on the state park web site later today and saw a lot of the information. I'll call them in the morning and see what's available. 

• Like 5

States Visited Map

15 hours ago, neuhausca said:

Yes that would be @Patriot who I'm acquainted with via the Super Duty Tremor forum. He has actually encouraged me in the decision to choose the Oliver. Also acquainted on the same forum with @Raspy who formerly owned an LE2.   

I got on the state park web site later today and saw a lot of the information. I'll call them in the morning and see what's available. 

Welcome aboard neuhausca! 
All the best with your decision to consider an Oliver. There is a lot of great information on here and Oliver University.

-Patriot 🇺🇸

• Like 3

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

8 hours ago, Patriot said:

Welcome aboard neuhausca! 
All the best with your decision to consider an Oliver. There is a lot of great information on here and Oliver University.

-Patriot 🇺🇸

Thanks for the welcome friend. You better know me by my handle on the Tremor forum as Redzilla. Looking very much forward to new friends and adventures in our new Ollie when it arrives. Will be gleaning as much as possible here on the Oliver forum. 

• Like 4

States Visited Map

Didn't want to confuse the folks that have responded to my introduction, here's an update to my introduction. BTW I decided to change my profile name to Ollie-Haus to more personalize the Oliver connection and include a fitting part of our last name. Chris and Stacie (Woods) Neuhaus from Greenfield, Indiana. We've lived in Indiana for all of our 30 years of marriage and I've lived within 50miles of Indianapolis my entire life. Stacie has traveled the world, so to speak, in her pre-married years and I've pretty much kept it state side.

We've always dreamed of exploring America together and prefer the back road method of eating local and getting to know the locals at the same time. We love what I would call the national attractions like everybody else, but really do enjoy the lessor known out of the way gems that can be discovered on the back roads. 

I'm a tradesman by career, I've worked as a certified welder, sheet metal fabricator, Machinist, Draftsman, and general machine repairman for over 40 years, including several years as a front line supervisor. I started out when I was 15 working in a vet clinic and quarter horse farm until I was 24 years old. I've also dabbled extensively in electrical work, auto repair, carpentry and wood working my whole life. Needless to say I am a little handy with stuff and a diehard do-it-yourselfer.  

Stacie ("WoodsHaus" on the forum) has worked most of her carrier in purchasing/procurement and retired about 5 years ago. Today she's an avid gardener, food preserver and connoisseur of the kitchen. She also is an avid crafter.

Our dogs are my passion these days. I guess some of us always need something to nurture and care for. My experience in the vet clinic solidified me as a lover of horses and dogs, the latter being much easier to own and travel with. We have at the time two crazy Border Terriers (profile page background). Smaller dogs with very large hearts and desire to go places. They are very well mannered and don't make too much fuss except when we arrive and they have been at home alone. They love all people and do well out and about in public. 

We aren't as physically agile as we once were but are doing our best to stay fit and active as we enter into our retirement years. Hopefully traveling and exploring will be conducive to maintaining and strengthening our well being in the process.

Well, nough said for now. The bigger connections will take place in person over the next few years. 

On 10/25/2022 at 9:42 PM, Ollie-Haus said:

Been planning for a travel trailer for several years getting ready for retirement. We finally purchased the new tow vehicle last year and got it paid for. We finally settled on the Oliver LE II and decided to place the order this week. We have a build schedule of March and deliver around the middle of April. We can't wait to begin this chapter of our lives and start exploring all the places we've only dreamed of till now. 

We aren't new to camping, nor are we inexperienced with travel trailers. We had a 34' Jayco Eagle with a super slide back in the late 90s. Sold it by around 2002 and haven't owned a camper since. We started researching brands about three years ago, watching tons of YouTube channels about full timing and all the other RV topics that are there for the watching. We started narrowing down the brands and models we like last year and the Olivers were at the top of the list. We did take the factory tour about a year and a half ago and were blown away. 

We are both semi retired right now, meaning my wife works part time for social outlet and fun money at a local farm market, and I work for myself at my own pace when I feel like it. We have several hobbies we enjoy and I'm also in the middle of remodeling our downsizer retirement home in the country in preparation for full retirement soon. We have two dogs, Border Terriers, at home. We have one married son and one grandson a year old. Part of our RV life will include spending extended periods in Texas with our son's family and enjoying our grandson as much as possible. 

We look forward to becoming seasoned Ollie owners and participating and getting to know the greater Oliver family. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

States Visited Map

13 minutes ago, Ollie-Haus said:

Didn't want to confuse the folks that have responded to my introduction, here's an update to my introduction. BTW I decided to change my profile name to Ollie-Haus to more personalize the Oliver connection and include a fitting part of our last name. Chris and Stacie (Woods) Neuhaus from Greenfield, Indiana. We've lived in Indiana for all of our 30 years of marriage and I've lived within 50miles of Indianapolis my entire life. Stacie has traveled the world, so to speak, in her pre-married years and I've pretty much kept it state side.

We've always dreamed of exploring America together and prefer the back road method of eating local and getting to know the locals at the same time. We love what I would call the national attractions like everybody else, but really do enjoy the lessor known out of the way gems that can be discovered on the back roads. 

I'm a tradesman by career, I've worked as a certified welder, sheet metal fabricator, Machinist, Draftsman, and general machine repairman for over 40 years, including several years as a front line supervisor. I started out when I was 15 working in a vet clinic and quarter horse farm until I was 24 years old. I've also dabbled extensively in electrical work, auto repair, carpentry and wood working my whole life. Needless to say I am a little handy with stuff and a diehard do-it-yourselfer.  

Stacie ("WoodsHaus" on the forum) has worked most of her carrier in purchasing/procurement and retired about 5 years ago. Today she's an avid gardener, food preserver and connoisseur of the kitchen. She also is an avid crafter.

Our dogs are my passion these days. I guess some of us always need something to nurture and care for. My experience in the vet clinic solidified me as a lover of horses and dogs, the latter being much easier to own and travel with. We have at the time two crazy Border Terriers (profile page background). Smaller dogs with very large hearts and desire to go places. They are very well mannered and don't make too much fuss except when we arrive and they have been at home alone. They love all people and do well out and about in public. 

We aren't as physically agile as we once were but are doing our best to stay fit and active as we enter into our retirement years. Hopefully traveling and exploring will be conducive to maintaining and strengthening our well being in the process.

Well, nough said for now. The bigger connections will take place in person over the next few years. 

"Well, nough said for now. The bigger connections will take place in person over the next few years."

Welcome to the forum.  It's a great group that can answer any questions you might have.  I have found the members here to be very helpful.

John

• Like 3

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

On 10/25/2022 at 10:16 PM, Mike and Carol said:

Mike, how are folks adding the interactive map in their signature lines? I'd like to have that on mine so when the Ollie arrives we can start the process of checking off our travel milestones. 

• Like 1

States Visited Map

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/6/2022 at 1:49 AM, Mattnan said:

Very nice and welcome!  Really like your truck!  You will probably forget you are towing the Oliver with that rig!!

Thanks! It is kind of my dream truck. The one it replaces and we still own and use daily is an 05 F150 Lariat 4x4. It's been a great truck and has done it all. About five years ago I started planning for the next and possibly last new truck purchase, so I wanted it to be special. Late in 2017 I heard they were coming out with the Tremor package and also a new 7.3L old school push-rod big block, coupled to a new 10 speed gear box. I couldn't wait to see what they were developing. I decided to let the first year of the new engine go by in 2020, you know to get the kinks out. By January of 2021 I couldn't hold back any longer. Ordered in January and she rolled into the dealership on April 2nd. It's been a great experience right from the beginning. She is a gas hog, but what can you expect from and off road heavy hauler with a big gas engine. But she's a sweet ride. Can't wait to hitch up the Ollie and head out for our maiden voyage. 😉

• Like 2

States Visited Map

I just ordered a2023 F350 swd Lariat long bed with a 6.7 diesel.  It looks like the same color red as yours.  My Tundra is 15 years years old and still in great shape.  All we have ever done is regular maintenance, tires, brakes, batteries and fluid changes.  We purchased an Elite II in October of 2019 with the plan of doing a couple of longer trips over the winter months to get away from Maine cold winter weather.  Our plan was to do those trips and sell the Ollie.  We completed the 2nd big trip of 4 months last spring.  We quickly sold the trailer in the spring.  The Ollie was great and trouble free.  However we decided we miss our camping adventures so we decided we wanted to try truck camper thus the HD truck order.  Hopefully it will arrive by spring.  If not for truck camping we would just keep the Tundra.   Good luck with your Ollie and enjoy your adventures. It was terrified for us.

• Like 2

@MattnanThey are really nice trucks, very comfortable inside. You'll love the diesel. Have you picked out a truck camper yet? Some really nice ones out their. I like Northern Lites, and also the Big Foots. The Lances are really nice as well. Here's a Youtube channel I've followed over the years. Many others to choose from of course, both brands and channels to follow.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdhqT4M-3uI

• Like 1

States Visited Map

Yes Terrific   This tablet spell check gets me all of the time.  Thanks for the link.  We are looking at Northern Lite 10-2.  We found a nice used one locally that was used 2 times.  Hopefully it is around when I get the truck delivery date.  

• Like 2

On 11/7/2022 at 9:07 AM, Mattnan said:

Yes Terrific   This tablet spell check gets me all of the time.  Thanks for the link.  We are looking at Northern Lite 10-2.  We found a nice used one locally that was used 2 times.  Hopefully it is around when I get the truck delivery date.  

We were in Ontario (Thunder Bay Area) for this summers adventure, and one of these rolled up.  Mounted on a F550.  I believe he was from FL, and had been all thru Canada on his way home.

IMG_1131.JPEG

IMG_1132.JPEG

• Like 2

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg