Finally Placed our LE II order

Ollie-Haus

On 11/7/2022 at 7:57 AM, Ollie-Haus said:

@MattnanThey are really nice trucks, very comfortable inside. You'll love the diesel. Have you picked out a truck camper yet? Some really nice ones out their. I like Northern Lites, and also the Big Foots. The Lances are really nice as well. Here's a Youtube channel I've followed over the years. Many others to choose from of course, both brands and channels to follow.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdhqT4M-3uI

100% agree with the comfort level and the 6.7 PS diesel 10 speed smooth as butter! 👍🏻

• Like 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Yes we are considering Northern Lite. After looking at a number of companies we liked Northern Lite the most.  Closest to an Ollie in build quality.  We have a line on a nice used one.  Hope to hear from Ford in the next few weeks on the status of our order.  There is actually not much difference in price between the comparably equipped used and new and by ordering we can get a camper package that includes rear stabilizer bars.  The truck will be certified for in bed camper.  I am not sure what that really means.  Sounds good?  

• Like 3

• Moderators

We saw a northern lite truck camper on the way today.

If we were truck camper folks, that would def be my choice 

• Like 4

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

1 hour ago, Mattnan said:

Yes we are considering Northern Lite. After looking at a number of companies we liked Northern Lite the most.  Closest to an Ollie in build quality.  We have a line on a nice used one.  Hope to hear from Ford in the next few weeks on the status of our order.  There is actually not much difference in price between the comparably equipped used and new and by ordering we can get a camper package that includes rear stabilizer bars.  The truck will be certified for in bed camper.  I am not sure what that really means.  Sounds good?  

You nailed it regarding the rear stabilizer bar with regard to camper certified. That is the primary addition, as well as heavy duty springs including overload leaves. I really don't know if there is any difference in the axle, probably not. There's also most likely included a camper wiring harness and plug in the bed to power the camper. And of course the obligatory load rating sticker and supplemental manual for guidance on properly loading and securing the camper. You may get lucky and find a suitable truck on a dealer lot with the camper package included. There's still orders showing up at dealers for the MY 22s. Good luck!

• Like 1

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

• Moderator+
On 10/26/2022 at 5:11 PM, topgun2 said:

Another Forum member has one of those F-350's but I believe that his is diesel and a Tremor versus the King Ranch.  Certainly more than enough truck to get the job done.

Bill

Now Bill, you know that one can NOT have too muck truck.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

7 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

Now Bill, you know that one can NOT have too muck truck.

Amen Steve!! 👍🏻👍🏻😊

• Like 1

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

On 11/6/2022 at 10:55 PM, Mattnan said:

I just ordered a2023 F350 swd Lariat long bed with a 6.7 diesel.  It looks like the same color red as yours.  My Tundra is 15 years years old and still in great shape.  All we have ever done is regular maintenance, tires, brakes, batteries and fluid changes.  We purchased an Elite II in October of 2019 with the plan of doing a couple of longer trips over the winter months to get away from Maine cold winter weather.  Our plan was to do those trips and sell the Ollie.  We completed the 2nd big trip of 4 months last spring.  We quickly sold the trailer in the spring.  The Ollie was great and trouble free.  However we decided we miss our camping adventures so we decided we wanted to try truck camper thus the HD truck order.  Hopefully it will arrive by spring.  If not for truck camping we would just keep the Tundra.   Good luck with your Ollie and enjoy your adventures. It was terrified for us.

When we first started dreaming about RVing back in early 2020 we looked at several setups including truck campers and were really impressed with Earthroamer and Truckhouse, both are amazing rigs!  Ultimately we decided that the Earthroamer was too much truck for us for the type of camping that we expect to do and Truckhouse required too much custom modification of the power train and would likely not be covered by Toyota's warranty even though it would be a brand new truck. I can't say enough about those builds though, they are amazing!  ....Maybe some day!    Good luck with your upcoming setup!  

• Like 1

Tom & Doreen • 2023 Elite ll • Hull #1321 • 2023 Tundra Platinum Crew Max • Cheshire CT 

States1.jpg

Well it took a few days but Josh just emailed me the VIN and Hull number of the Ollie-Haus which is #1373. Another step has been checked off and now to just get through the winter months. Woohoooo!

Post Animated GIF

• Like 6

States Visited Map

Great news! When did you order, and when is your delivery date?

We ordered August 12, and our delivery will be March 29. We don’t have a VIN or hull number yet, but Anita estimated in October we’d be 1361. Looks like it’ll be higher based on your information. 

Edit: Nevermind. I see in your sig when you ordered. About ten weeks after us. Weird you already have your VIN and hull number. 

• Like 1

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

2 hours ago, Steve and Deb said:

Great news! When did you order, and when is your delivery date?

We ordered August 12, and our delivery will be March 29. We don’t have a VIN or hull number yet, but Anita estimated in October we’d be 1361. Looks like it’ll be higher based on your information. 

Edit: Nevermind. I see in your sig when you ordered. About ten weeks after us. Weird you already have your VIN and hull number. 

I would send Anita an email requesting your hull number and VIN. If you've paid your 50% these should have already been assigned. Our 50% payment cleared the bank today and Josh knew we were excited about getting the hull number so he sent an email today. 

• Like 3

States Visited Map

I asked when we paid our 50% the first of November. That’s when she estimated it would be 1361. She said they are assigned before building starts. 🤷‍♂️

I’m one for four on getting replies to emails since August, so I’ll just call if I need something. 

• Like 2

-----
Facebook - Instagram

map.jpg

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Steve and Deb said:

I’m one for four on getting replies to emails since August, so I’ll just call if I need something.

That's very odd in that Anita is one of the very best there is.

Bill

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

13 hours ago, Steve and Deb said:

I asked when we paid our 50% the first of November. That’s when she estimated it would be 1361. She said they are assigned before building starts. 🤷‍♂️

Hull 1337 has a delivery date of 9FEB2023 if that helps any!

• Like 2

Mike & Marianne Hermann, Scottsdale AZ

2022 RAM 2500 Hemi 4x4

Elite II Hull #1337

48 minutes ago, MnM said:

Hull 1337 has a delivery date of 9FEB2023 if that helps any!

I just heard from Phil and our Hull# is 1368 with an April 12th delivery date. It appears Anita’s estimate is definitely in the ballpark.😉

• Like 3

2014 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 Power Stroke with heavy duty tow package; 3.55 ratio; AirLift rear suspension

2023 Elite ll Twin Bed and Lithium Pro and Truma Package; Hull #1368; Delivery Date: April 12,2023

Homebased in Richland, WA

• 2 months later...

Well the excitement is beginning to build. I've been accumulating all the sundry useful items a few folks have shared for life in our Ollie. I know we want to keep  it simple and light, but there are certain necessities that make setting up, function and safety easy to achieve and just make life comfortable. 

The best news is we were talking about this being the week for production to begin on Hull 1373, and just a couple hours later Josh White sent the email notifying us of production start. Woohoo! 

image.png.2adcefe8e2e1c4f1b1be833f52b1e4ad.png

• Like 9
  • Love 1

States Visited Map

• 1 month later...

I hope that you thoroughly enjoy the delivery experience tomorrow, and that everything is perfect for you! I look forward to reading how your trip goes and your initial thoughts. If anything like ours, you're going to be thrilled! Have fun!

• Like 1

-----
Facebook - Instagram

map.jpg

6 hours ago, Steve Morris said:

I hope that you thoroughly enjoy the delivery experience tomorrow, and that everything is perfect for you! I look forward to reading how your trip goes and your initial thoughts. If anything like ours, you're going to be thrilled! Have fun!

Thanks so much for that Steve. Our anticipation has been building and we are loaded and ready.

Unfortunately an unanticipated tragedy has struck the family last week and just last evening we had to take my little brother off of life support. He became gravely ill without any indication early last week. He was experiencing multiple strokes and multiple organ failures within hours of developing a fever. He is only 56 years old and still has three teen girls at home. We had to wait for his four adult children to arrive to make the final decision. 

Ours is a hiccup in events, Larry's situation is much worse and the family really needs us for a while. We are now rescheduled to pick up the Oliver the week before the rally. 

To those that have known and been praying for our family, I can't thank you enough. Everyone is holding together considering the shock we are all experiencing right now. We are blessed to have caring friends that make a difference. 

Here's a toast to my little brother who's bigger than me, God's speed big guy until we meet again!🍻🙏🙏🙏 

Oh and give dad a big bear hug for me. 😊

• Care 1
  • Sad 16

States Visited Map

Oh, I'm so sorry to read that, Chris! Such a sudden loss for your and his family. Our thoughts are with you.

• Love 2

-----
Facebook - Instagram

map.jpg

@Ollie-Haus Chris, you and Stacy hang in there, brother!  Our thoughts and prayers are with y'all and your family....

• Like 1
  • Love 2

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Oscar & Magnus (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit/2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 12VDC Starlink kit, 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo GX, SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller, & DC-DC Charger; HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

• Moderators

I am deeply sorry for your loss, and for your brother's family. 

• Love 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Thanks everyone for your kind words and support. We are all doing the best we can considering. Nobody saw this coming, totally blindsided, and too fast to comprehend. 

Strange how a moment of joyous anticipation can be quenched by tragedy. My heart truly aches for my sister in law Linda, and her children who have lost their husband and father without warning. The youngest of 7 is only 11, and they were all very close to dad. We will get through this together and life will go on and joy will return.

Larry left to join our Lord at about 8:30 pm today, and did so very peacefully with Linda and children by his side. I will spend the next few days helping them cry a little and hopefully laugh a lot at the unforgettable person Larry was. Many wonderful memories will be shared in the days ahead of a life and person whom we all loved. My part as the remaining patriarch of our family will be a source of strength and reassurance to those who are just learning about the hard part of life. I will do my best to be strong for them even though I'm crushed by the loss of my only brother.

Our very frail mother will be burying her youngest, I know she struggles to understand why she has lived to endure this. But she is also thankful to be able to console the grandchildren. Larry is also survived by two older sisters that share in our loss and grief. We are a strong family and we will all work through this process together. 

Sorry for spilling my feelings here on the forum, but I'm truly crushed and leaning on you all for the moment. Again thank you for all your kind thoughts, words and support. God's blessings to you all. 

• Care 10

States Visited Map

• Moderator+
4 hours ago, Ollie-Haus said:

...Sorry for spilling my feelings here on the forum, but I'm truly crushed and leaning on you all for the moment. Again thank you for all your kind thoughts, words and support. God's blessings to you all. 

We are all here for you and your family in times like this so lean on in there. I lost my younger brother over 10 years ago. My mother always said that parents should not outlive their children. Our prayers are for you and yours. Can we look forward to seeing you next month at the Rally in Guntersville?

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

3 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

We are all here for you and your family in times like this so lean on in there. I lost my younger brother over 10 years ago. My mother always said that parents should not outlive their children. Our prayers are for you and yours. Can we look forward to seeing you next month at the Rally in Guntersville?

Thank you. The logistics are going to be a little fun now with the new pick up schedule. Now we pick up the Wednesday before the rally. We may be picking up and then heading to the rally. That'll be fun and a steep learning curve. Regardless, baring anything unforeseen,  we will come to the rally and celebrate every day we have. Can't wait to meet everyone. 

• Like 5
  • Care 1

States Visited Map