Oliver Parts/Merchandise Website

Katjo

I heard Oliver was working on a website to purchase parts, apparel, Oliver branded gift items, etc. Not sure if that was a rumor or not but it sure would be nice to be able to shop online rather then call directly, most often then not you have to leave a message and wait for a callback to order anything. 
I would love to see some apparel, hats, tees, sweatshirts, jackets, joggers in both men and women styles. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

• Moderators

Well - 

There has been "rumor" of this very thing happening for at least the past three or four years.  Unfortunately, due to a number of circumstances the "Ollie Store" is not open - yet.

While getting annual service done last month (September, 2022) I had a discussion with a reasonably senior management employee of Oliver and they told me that "the final details are presently being worked out" and that the "store" should be open for business by the end of the year.  Hopefully this will turn out to be true.

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

IWBIWISI

I will believe it when I see it.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

2 hours ago, topgun2 said:

Well - 

There has been "rumor" of this very thing happening for at least the past three or four years.  Unfortunately, due to a number of circumstances the "Ollie Store" is not open - yet.

While getting annual service done last month (September, 2022) I had a discussion with a reasonably senior management employee of Oliver and they told me that "the final details are presently being worked out" and that the "store" should be open for business by the end of the year.  Hopefully this will turn out to be true.

Bill

It will be great if it opens before the holidays ie Christmas gifts!🎅🏼

• Like 1

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

They really have to be made to understand that 'Branded' merchandise is one of the cheapest forms of advertising there is. And it is worn and displayed, by enthusiasts, right in the middle of their target audience. The items start a conversation. The conversations turn to a showing. The showing turns to a trip to Tennessee. We all know how it works. We been there. We have made the trip...

• Like 1

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, Mainiac said:

They really have to be made to understand that 'Branded' merchandise is one of the cheapest forms of advertising there is.

I can tell you that they certainly do understand your point.  There are a reasonable number of other things that tend to gum up the works and that is why this process has taken sooooo long.

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

42 minutes ago, Mainiac said:

They really have to be made to understand that 'Branded' merchandise is one of the cheapest forms of advertising there is. And it is worn and displayed, by enthusiasts, right in the middle of their target audience. The items start a conversation. The conversations turn to a showing. The showing turns to a trip to Tennessee. We all know how it works. We been there. We have made the trip...

Exactly! I think their marketing dept (if they have one, I’m guessing they don’t) is what’s “gumming up” the process in creating a merchandise/parts website. 
It’s not that difficult to set up a website and they could even set up drop shipping for merchandise.  They already have branded merchandise and parts, many that some owners don’t even know about. Marketing and Branding is my forte, I’ve been a guest speaker at several conventions on Marketing and Branding panels so I understand what it entails and the benefits of marketing your brand. It really surprised me when we bought our Oliver that they didn’t have a merchandise/parts website. 

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

• Moderators
45 minutes ago, Katjo said:

I think their marketing dept (if they have one, I’m guessing they don’t) is what’s “gumming up” the process in creating a merchandise/parts website. 

Absolutely untrue.

Oliver does have a Marketing Department with Matt Duncan as its head. 

Remember that Oliver Travel Trailers is a relatively small privately held company.  Many of Oliver's employees wear multiple hats such as compliance, quality control systems, IT, marketing, etc.  I personally know that these people work very hard and actually care about Oliver and us (the customer).

Bill

• Like 2

• Moderator+
1 hour ago, Katjo said:

... I’ve been a guest speaker at several conventions on Marketing and Branding panels so I understand what it entails and the benefits of marketing your brand. It really surprised me when we bought our Oliver that they didn’t have a merchandise/parts website. 

Looks like you may be a keynote speaker at next years Owner's Rally. What time slot do you prefer?

• Haha 2

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

9 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

Absolutely untrue.

Oliver does have a Marketing Department with Matt Duncan as its head. 

Remember that Oliver Travel Trailers is a relatively small privately held company.  Many of Oliver's employees wear multiple hats such as compliance, quality control systems, IT, marketing, etc.  I personally know that these people work very hard and actually care about Oliver and us (the customer).

Bill

No one said they don’t work hard or they don’t care. It doesn’t matter that they are a small company, Marketing and Branding is all a part of growing your business. It’s just smart business. 

• Like 2

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

8 minutes ago, ScubaRx said:

Looks like you may be a keynote speaker at next years Owner's Rally. What time slot do you prefer?

I’m looking forward to talking with Oliver’s “Marketing” dept. They could be doing so much more that would benefit everyone but mostly Oliver. 

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

I have sold "Branded" merchandise before, and at a profit. It was fun to see couples buy matching hats, vests, tee shirts, and even coffee cups. The hats and garments were not the cheap stuff. The hats were not the mesh ones gramps used to wear either. The real value is not the mark-up, but it is nice to cover expenses. The real value is the cult like following that that Branded item generates. 

Have you ever seen an L.L.Bean boot, sweatshirt, or hat? If you did you recognized it, and you didn't even know where it was except maybe in Maine and they had a catalog? And the funny part is the same exact sweartshirt as in the catalog, at a store across the street sells for full retail at half the cost. The only difference is the logo.

As someone must realize is that the only rational shopper is in the mind of an astute marketing department with a clever ad...

• Love 1

7 minutes ago, Mainiac said:

I have sold "Branded" merchandise before, and at a profit. It was fun to see couples buy matching hats, vests, tee shirts, and even coffee cups. The hats and garments were not the cheap stuff. The hats were not the mesh ones gramps used to wear either. The real value is not the mark-up, but it is nice to cover expenses. The real value is the cult like following that that Branded item generates. 

Have you ever seen an L.L.Bean boot, sweatshirt, or hat? If you did you recognized it, and you didn't even know where it was except maybe in Maine and they had a catalog? And the funny part is the same exact sweartshirt as in the catalog, at a store across the street sells for full retail at half the cost. The only difference is the logo.

As someone must realize is that the only rational shopper is in the mind of an astute marketing department with a clever ad...

Yessss!❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators

We will be launching a branded store in the upcoming months. Our obstacle is finding the right partner (supplier) that can offer quality merchandise and dropship for us. We really don't want to inventory apparel here. We have tried a few vendors and one is promising but not happy with the embroidery yet. We are just getting our Rewards Program finalized and will be launched probably tomorrow. Once that project is underway, we can get back to our store project!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 13

Matt Duncan

Marketing Consultant, Oliver Travel Trailers

I got a Rewards folder almost eight months ago. And have not heard more about it until today, and that is that it might be coming. I have not had a referral in almost two years, where I used to get a couple a month?

I still wear branded merchandise that I got at a campground more than eight years ago. It is still recognised everywhere I go in the state. (It is getting thin in places). Here I am, watching it snow outside, thinking it might be nice to order some new "stuff" for the coming season. The choices out there are actually pretty plentiful. Maybe Perfect Stitch in Norway, Maine has something with a state logo, or something that matches my decal on front?

• Like 3

Hopefully before camping season starts (those of us that winterize) we can get some branded apparel. Would love some tees, sweatshirt, hoodies and hats. 

• Thanks 1

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

• Moderator+
2 hours ago, Mainiac said:

But, but, but?

Off topic and I apologize for the drift. Do you plan to be at the NE Rally in June. We are coming up and hoped we could get to meet.

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

3 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

June. We are coming up and hoped we could get to meet.

Think we have met before maybe, but briefly. It was at a National Rally in 2017 or maybe the third one at Gunterville? We are kind of co-host ing the event. We are keeping it quiet, at least for January, as you know the venues tend to be smaller in NE, and we want room for those invited. We will be there and look forward to meeting you again and Tali.

Correct me if wrong, but with a good website; could you not get parts from one place, screen printed items from another, and embroidered items from another? All seamless to the purchaser? Except maybe the merchandise might arrive in separate packages. No big deal, Amazon has made that a way of life and a normal everyday reality. 

Not to "gum up the works", but IT should be able to make it happen with a click of the mouse.

• Like 1