New owners from Florida.

msteen

My wife and I took delivery of our new Oliver Elite I on Sep 26, 2022 and commenced a 15 day "shakedown" camping trip through TN, SC, NC, VA, back through TN, AL, GA, and home to FL without significant issues. We love it! Still learning the details of the electrical system but it is great fun. We bought this particular model because it fits perfectly under our carport and we love the compact size of the trailer itself. Before my wife and I first got married 52 years ago, I purchased a new VW camper (not a pop top). We camped 55 days, 12, 500 miles around the US on our honeymoon in it. All three of our children grew up camping in that VW until we outgrew it 12 years later. Then we tent camped until they all left home. Now we are back in the camping business, albeit, significantly upgraded. 

0E6177D3-23D6-4052-9298-13D9126CBD50.heic

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Msteen,

Congratulations! Love your story about your history of camping in your VW. We camped in one in the early 70s around Southern California with my parents. Great memories. Our camping situation has evolved over the years also. Now we find ourselves in a similar situation. We are happy to be joining the Oliver family! 

Kirk

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

2 hours ago, msteen said:

My wife and I took delivery of our new Oliver Elite I on Sep 26, 2022 and commenced a 15 day "shakedown" camping trip through TN, SC, NC, VA, back through TN, AL, GA, and home to FL without significant issues. We love it! Still learning the details of the electrical system but it is great fun. We bought this particular model because it fits perfectly under our carport and we love the compact size of the trailer itself. Before my wife and I first got married 52 years ago, I purchased a new VW camper (not a pop top). We camped 55 days, 12, 500 miles around the US on our honeymoon in it. All three of our children grew up camping in that VW until we outgrew it 12 years later. Then we tent camped until they all left home. Now we are back in the camping business, albeit, significantly upgraded. 

0E6177D3-23D6-4052-9298-13D9126CBD50.heic 2.62 MB · 2 downloads

I love your story!!❤️

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

• Moderators

Great looking Ollie resting comfortably in its very own bedroom.

Nice trip too - glad to hear that there were no major issues.

Welcome to the Family!  Hope to meet you at the annual owner's rally in May.

Bill

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderator+
8 minutes ago, sgcausey said:

Do any of you have the secret on how to open an Apple created picture on a non-Apple device? I use a Chromebbook & Android. ty

There have been postings on how to open *.heic files. I just usually skip over them. 

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

13 hours ago, msteen said:

0E6177D3-23D6-4052-9298-13D9126CBD50.heic 2.62 MB · 18 downloads

Congratulations on the new Ollie. Wow that's a pretty gutsy shakedown trip. Obviously you guys are seasoned and quite confident in your travel abilities. Your Ollie looks like a perfect fit in parking spot. Our waiting game has just begun we'll be there before we know it. Love your story and look forward to meeting down the road.  

• Thanks 1

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

• Moderators
1 hour ago, sgcausey said:

Do any of you have the secret on how to open an Apple created picture on a non-Apple device? I use a Chromebbook & Android.

As per Google:

Can you open a HEIC file on a Chromebook?

At the top right, click “Upload,” select “Computer,” and find your HEIF/HIEC file in your Downloads folder(or wherever you saved it.) Upload the file and that's it. You should now see your full-resolution HEIC photo in Google Photos.Jun 10, 2022

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

2 hours ago, topgun2 said:

As per Google:

Can you open a HEIC file on a Chromebook?

At the top right, click “Upload,” select “Computer,” and find your HEIF/HIEC file in your Downloads folder(or wherever you saved it.) Upload the file and that's it. You should now see your full-resolution HEIC photo in Google Photos.Jun 10, 2022

Bill

O MY Heavens!!! topgun2 --- how easy!! The funny thing is that in April my sisters & I went on a 2 week trip to the Utah National Parks. They are all Apple users; I document family activities. We could not easily get their pics into my Google Photos. I see that the Google entry is dated June 2022. I hope this means that this feature was not available earlier this year. 🙂 One sister & I are somewhat computer literate. Regardless --- thank you!!

• Care 1

SGC & GRC

Hull 224 [2017]

2017 GMC Sierra HD Crew Cab Diesel

ALARDEFLGAINLAMEMDMNMSMOMTNJNCNDOHPASCSD   Map of Provinces I Visitedimage.png.f8ebba1142570e619cdfe801998f4b4d.png