Oliver Modification Wish List

Katjo

Way to dump tanks when raining so that water running off roof doesn’t fall onto open outside basement door. Don’t want electric dump valves and don’t want to cut holes in basement door.

B8AB3317-FA9B-4893-ADC9-B6027A8BADF2.thumb.jpeg.06c39b3dbcc03bd942f671f6d4708b4a.jpeg

• Like 3

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313

2019 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

3 hours ago, Mike and Carol said:

This has been discussed several times over the years.  I’d have a quieter AC and a larger black holding tank.  Mike

A quieter AC is on my wishlist also! 

• Like 2

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

9 hours ago, Katjo said:
12 hours ago, Mainiac said:

would move the fire extinguisher and put a small half in/half out waste basket.

Clever idea! 

Will probably happen. Just haven't figured out how to keep it stationary while going down the road. Think the solution will depend on when I find the right waste receptacle...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rideandfly said:

Our previous camper had Dometic Seitz style windows you could open while raining.  They had built in shades, screen, and hinged window. Miss having that style of window.

Love these windows! Would love to open the windows while it’s raining. 

• Like 1

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

1 Bigger black tank

(There is only so much room... but I've always thought the grey and black tank combined capacity should be just a bit more than the fresh tank capacity... so you should run out of fresh about the same time your gray and black tanks  reach capacity)

2  a redesign of the sewer hose storage.   The stinky slinky hose storage is really awkward (especially with a bike rack in the way).

Oh wait... you said just one thing.

• Like 3

2022 Elite II, Hull #1097  Elli Rose 🌹 and she has the solar panels with the 390Ah lithium batteries.  Our tow vehicle is a 2019 Ford Lariat F-150 4wd, 3.5L Eco-boost, 3.55 rear end, with the Max tow package.  Elli Rose also has the street side awning and several walnut and cherry mods on the inside.

TravelMap.png.b89ef2d7bc27b1ea3b58f831ca5bd799.png

3 hours ago, Katjo said:

Never researched if they can be mounted in an Oliver,

3 hours ago, Katjo said:

Yep, we liked being able to open windows while it was raining.  Also liked having the ability to adjust shade and screen height together.

• Like 2

LE2

1 hour ago, Dave and Kimberly said:

1 Bigger black tank

(There is only so much room... but I've always thought the grey and black tank combined capacity should be just a bit more than the fresh tank capacity... so you should run out of fresh about the same time your gray and black tanks  reach capacity)

2  a redesign of the sewer hose storage.   The stinky slinky hose storage is really awkward (especially with a bike rack in the way).

Oh wait... you said just one thing.

Agree!!

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

14 hours ago, Mainiac said:

I would move the fire extinguisher

That's a tough one because fire extinguishers are supposed to be mounted by the exit. The idea is, you move to the exit to get the extinguisher and if the extinguisher doesn't work you now have the door behind you to escape.

• Like 1

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

49 minutes ago, Steph and Dud B said:

That's a tough one because fire extinguishers are supposed to be mounted by the exit. The idea is, you move to the exit to get the extinguisher and if the extinguisher doesn't work you now have the door behind you to escape.

Unless you are not able to reach either the extinguisher or the door. That is one reason for the emergency egress window in back, which is where I put my second fire extinguisher. 

3BEE1527-4883-41E4-891B-818DC9AD23EF.thumb.jpeg.50365213217bfe370c851ee86d3453a7.jpeg

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/forums/topic/4291-how-to-element-fire-extinguisher-install/

BTW, has everyone actually opened and USED the rear window? Are you able to actually climb out and get around the spare tire and or bikes? I removed my fiberglass cover long ago for other reasons, but the rubber tread makes it much less problematic in scrambling over it and to the side.

Those of you who are mobility impaired and can’t climb out that way should definitely install a second extinguisher in back.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 5

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

On 10/28/2022 at 10:57 AM, Katjo said:

We all love our Ollie’s but….If you could change/add one thing on your Oliver what would it be? 

I would love a window over the kitchen galley. 

As improbable as it would be since it would require expensive mold changes, I would enjoy 80" twins instead of the 75".  

• Like 2

2021 Elite II, Hull# 898

2018 Toyota Tundra, 2003 Dodge Ram 3500 5.9l SRW

1 hour ago, John E Davies said:

Unless you are not able to reach either the extinguisher or the door. That is one reason for the emergency egress window in back, which is where I put my second fire extinguisher. 

3BEE1527-4883-41E4-891B-818DC9AD23EF.thumb.jpeg.50365213217bfe370c851ee86d3453a7.jpeg

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/forums/topic/4291-how-to-element-fire-extinguisher-install/

BTW, has everyone actually opened and USED the rear window? Are you able to actually climb out and get around the spare tire and or bikes? I removed my fiberglass cover long ago for other reasons, but the rubber tread makes it much less problematic in scrambling over it and to the side.

Those of you who are mobility impaired and can’t climb out that way should definitely install a second extinguisher in back.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Such an important suggestion and one we are going to do today! We’ve not tried getting out our emergency exit, just haven’t gotten around to it and absolutely should/will! 

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

7 hours ago, rideandfly said:

Our previous camper had Dometic Seitz style windows you could open while raining.  They had built in shades, screen, and hinged window. Miss having that style of window.

The Dometic S7 Flush Series is impressive:  Acrylic Frame, Awning Feature, Privacy/Screen, and the super bonus:  No Condensation!  These windows would be nice over the twin beds.  elsewhere less so (IMHO) as there are no sheets and bedding so placement of towels under the dining area is possible and in the bathroom not necessary to do so.  

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DYI’s:  BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DYI’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Timken Bearings, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all.

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

One feature that would be nice is to separate the flush valves from the Basement hatch.  When on the road and boondocking, we like to do laundry at an RV Park and enjoy their showers and full hook up for charging the LiFePO4's.  I like to hook up the sewer hose and let the black tank run while at the bath house.  Current combined Basement/Dump valves hatch leaves our basement exposed to rain and theft.   Maybe someday Oliver will come up with  a OEM retro kit for us.  🙂

• Like 1

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DYI’s:  BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DYI’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Timken Bearings, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all.

3 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

Here's another way to do the rear fire extinguisher thing:

Top Gun:  I like your idea.  We tend wear ankle supporting (Paraglider Pilots) boots and removal for in and outs is time consuming.  That brings in some extra dirt. Without "hallway" runners, the seamless flooring makes my morning housekeeping a quick sweep out the entry.  For us, I would want to mount the extinguisher as you have, but a bit higher to facilitate sweeping. 

It appears that you used Velcro to mount the extinguisher.  Did you modify the round extinguisher side, or is just a small strip of contact sufficient to KEEP the extinguisher in place when off paved roads?

Mahalo,  GJ

image.png.7301395bb97af55e1d12f6e22f3608ef.png

• Like 1