Oliver Modification Wish List

Katjo

29 minutes ago, Geronimo John said:

One feature that would be nice is to separate the flush valves from the Basement hatch.  When on the road and boondocking, we like to do laundry at an RV Park and enjoy their showers and full hook up for charging the LiFePO4's.  I like to hook up the sewer hose and let the black tank run while at the bath house.  Current combined Basement/Dump valves hatch leaves our basement exposed to rain and theft.   Maybe someday Oliver will come up with  a OEM retro kit for us.  🙂

I remember seeing a post a month or 2 ago of someone that modified the compartment floor where the sewer hose is located so a hose can come out of the bottom of the compartment so the hatch can stay closed. You might want to check it out, maybe under the "Ollie Modifications" page.

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

• Moderators

GJ - 

I used just the Velcro but I did use a fair amount of it.  Here is a pic of the back of the extinguisher.  I've been down some fairly bad roads (perhaps I mean something other than interstates here😁) and it has never budged.

Yes, those "carpet runners" make cleaning up a breeze.  I used two 6 foot runners.  That way they are easier to simply take outside and shake versus trying to deal with a single 12 footer.

P1010364.JPG

• Like 4

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

6 hours ago, Steph and Dud B said:
21 hours ago, Mainiac said:

I would move the fire extinguisher

That's a tough one because fire extinguishers are supposed to be mounted by the exit. The idea is, you move to the exit to get the extinguisher and if the extinguisher doesn't work you now have the door behind you to escape.

There is plenty of room in that area to mount the extinguisher. And plenty of options to do so. Easy access to the extinguisher will be a top priority. Want it easy to get to from outside as well.

• Like 5

Incidentally, kudos to OTT for providing us with a full-size ABC refillable fire extinguisher rather than the half-size disposable BC extinguishers that come with most towable RVs.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 6

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

20 minutes ago, Mattnan said:

Quieter AC, awning windows, black out shade in the door window, agree on access to the tank valves waste basket, induction stove top. All that said, we really did like our Ollie a lot.  

I would love a door window with shade! That’s on my “to do” list of modifications.

• Like 2

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

17 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

Where are those people that wanted a hot tub and helicopter pad last time we had this discussion?😇

That's exactly why we got the Oliver. Every time we took off with the helicopter it caused white caps in the hot tub. White caps in the hot tub caused the bikinis to fluff up. When the bikinis fluffed up the neighbor girls would get out and run home. To keep peace in the neighborhood we got the Oliver. Takes less fuel than the helicopter as a bonus...

• Haha 6

My wife and I don't pick up our trailer until March, but I have to agree that a larger refrigerator would be high on my list.  And, of course, this would necessitate a larger black tank.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Bryan & Sondra

2023 Elite II Twin Bed, Hull #1358

2022 F-150 5.0L, long bed w/ Heavy Duty Payload, Max Tow, and FX4 packages

9 minutes ago, Mainiac said:

A larger ref. means a larger black tank? Because it holds more beer?

Something like that 😉  Seriously though, both were something I thought was lacking in the Oliver when I was search for a trailer.

• Like 1

Bryan & Sondra

• Moderators

B in NC - 

I'm guessing that you will be like a fair number of us in being surprised by how much you can actually get into the Ollie fridge and/or how long it will last you.  

Unfortunately, in addition to the relatively small size of the fridge it is recommended to not stuff it full to the brim.  These fridges tend to work better when there is enough room for air circulation inside the fridge.. In this regard - I always have a small fridge fan running in mine.

March will be here before you know it!

Bill (in Western NC)

• Like 4

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

7 hours ago, Mainiac said:

That's exactly why we got the Oliver. Every time we took off with the helicopter it caused white caps in the hot tub. White caps in the hot tub caused the bikinis to fluff up. When the bikinis fluffed up the neighbor girls would get out and run home. To keep peace in the neighborhood we got the Oliver. Takes less fuel than the helicopter as a bonus...

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

5 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

B in NC - 

I'm guessing that you will be like a fair number of us in being surprised by how much you can actually get into the Ollie fridge and/or how long it will last you.  

Unfortunately, in addition to the relatively small size of the fridge it is recommended to not stuff it full to the brim.  These fridges tend to work better when there is enough room for air circulation inside the fridge.. In this regard - I always have a small fridge fan running in mine.

March will be here before you know it!

Bill (in Western NC)

Oliver is installing an all electric Isotherm unit now.  It's only slightly larger and I suspect what you're saying about overstuffing still holds.  These "waterfall" type units can't circulate the air like a larger dual compressor fridge.

• Like 2

Bryan & Sondra

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Katjo said:

Camco Fridge Airator with On/Off Switch

Wow!  Those things have really increased in price.

I've got a little blue square fan and I don't think I paid $10 for it.  I wonder if it has a gold plated switch or something - after all it really isn't anything but a simple electric motor, fan blades and a switch.

Bill p.s.  the main "issue" with that new fridge as far as I'm concerned is the size of the freezer.  The new one is somewhat smaller than the old.

Edited by topgun2
added detail
  • Like 1

We turn on our Norcold refrigerator on 8 hrs before loading it up with food and set it on the #9 highest setting. It’s ice cold when we load it and it keeps the food cold until we return home. The freezer also keeps food really frozen as well, no complaints here and see no need for a fan. Having 30 amp shore power here at home really helps with systems check and trip prep. 😊

-Patriot 

• Like 4

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

32 minutes ago, Patriot said:

We turn on our Norcold refrigerator on 8 hrs before loading it up with food and set it on the #9 highest setting. It’s ice cold when we load it and it keeps the food cold until we return home. The freezer also keeps food really frozen as well, no complaints here and see no need for a fan. Having 30 amp shore power here at home really helps with systems check and trip prep. 😊

-Patriot 

"Having 30 amp shore power here at home really helps with systems check and trip prep. 😊"

I am planning on putting a 30 amp power source near the outside of the garage so I can plug in.  We pick up in a week.  Do you keep yours plugged in all the time?  I would not have the fridge on, but I can see having power to keep a dehumidifier plugged in.

John

• Like 1

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

33 minutes ago, John Welte said:

"Having 30 amp shore power here at home really helps with systems check and trip prep. 😊"

I am planning on putting a 30 amp power source near the outside of the garage so I can plug in.  We pick up in a week.  Do you keep yours plugged in all the time?  I would not have the fridge on, but I can see having power to keep a dehumidifier plugged in.

John

Since my solar panels are under roof, yes I do keep it plugged in 24x7 keeping my AGMs charged. Naturally I don’t have the frig on. We run a dehumidifier only when it’s over 41 degrees outside. Our Ollie has been fine plugged in since we took delivery in June of 2020. 

- Patriot 🇺🇸

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

Alde hot water trailer heat system! We owned a nuCamp 400 (great rig)  before our Oliver which had an Alde. Really like our Oliver; miss the Alde.

• Like 3

2022 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull 1242, 9/26/22

Lithium Platinum Power/Solar Package

Tow with Supercrew Cab 2019 F-150 4 x4, 5.0L 4-Valve V8 with 3.73 axle ratio & 157" wheelbase.

F-150 GCWR of 16,900 lbs with maximum load trailer of 11,500 lbs.

2 hours ago, Gliddenwoods said:

Alde hot water trailer heat system! We owned a nuCamp 400 (great rig)  before our Oliver which had an Alde. Really like our Oliver; miss the Alde.

I’ve heard great reviews about the Alde. 

• Like 1

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

On 10/30/2022 at 2:33 PM, topgun2 said:

recommended to not stuff it full to the brim. 

That’s why we have a separate beer fridge in the tow vehicle. 

• Like 3
  • Wow 1

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

14 hours ago, CRM said:

Pretty content with my Ollie, but if it were 6-12" wider it wouldn't hurt my feelings.. 

Once I backed down a narrow mountain road, because the Garmin didn't know the road was washed out.  With the backup camera and no wobbling mirror extenders I was glad the Oliver was no wider. Guess I am glad when  going down some narrow streets and in traffic too.

• Like 6