MICROSOFT STREETS & TRIPS

mountainborn

• Moderators

We have used GPS for some time now, but have never had a in the tow vehicle navagation system. We are thinking about getting MICROSOFT STREETS & TRIPS WITH GPS MODULE for the laptop.

My question is, could that be more trouble than it is worth ? Out laptop has a 15.5 inch screen to help these feeble old eyes :roll: and might, I think be too large for comfortable handling in the confines of the tow vehicle while underway.

Have you tried this ? Your experiences please !

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

Hi Mountainborn!

Currently using DeLorme in my laptop so these feeble ole eyeballs can see it but rely on the spoken directions more but have had to use the visual on quite a few occasions. It, and all the other GPS's, will occasionally give you misdirection, espescially if a long bridge or overhead trees block view of satellite!! We went around in a triangle for 1/2an hour in the backwoods of Alabama because of this!! Geri dislikes Intestates terribly so we take a lot of secondary and thirdary roads. High per cent are on deLorme! :D

• Moderators

I used the TomTom 720 for my pick up of the Wonder Egg. I found it to be very accurate.

While I was at the NACO campsite for the shakedown it even had the itty bitty campsite roads on the data base. On the way home to San Antonio, I stayed near Texarcana, TX about 7 miles into the woods on a lake and even old overgown two-track trails showed on the display. It also has an update feature to se through the web.

Unfortunately, my days were VERY long in miles and hours driven and they occured on the Interstate system. (Ptuey!) I'm looking forward to finding the secondies and thirdsies roads for my upcoming wanderings.

Just be sure to wipe off the telltale suction ring from your windshield to keep frisky fingers outta yer TV.

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• Moderators

Bugeyedriver said:

Just be sure to wipe off the telltale suction ring from your windshield to keep frisky fingers outta yer TV.

>

Good advice, Pete ! ;)

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

Update: We eBayed MS Streets & Trips with the GPS module. Priced the software and module at WalMart for $100 plus. eBayed one for $62.98. I guess that the proof will be in the using. Then we will know if it's a bust or a bargain ! :|