JUGFEST 2011 !!

mountainborn

• Moderators

Full moon and prime fishing will be on April 17th. Oscar the Smiley Dog and I plan to join you to help break in your new boat and slaughter some more catfish. Yum Yum Yum!!!

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Here is a link to more info on the boat. I think it will work well for us. It has two live wells and two bait buckets that are in the fresh water there, on two seperate 500 Gallon per hour pumps. Here's the link:

http://mountainborn.blogspot.com/2011/01/reasoning.html

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• Moderators

A couple of our attendees are considering going on to Heber Springs Arkansas, 172 miles from our campground at Kirby Landing, to attend an workamper seminar and rendezvous. Cool place, cool topics and cool presenters ! Need more info ? Email Chuck and Gehri !

I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth 08' Oliver Legacy Elite HULL NUMBER 0003(sold)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Betty and I will most likely arrive at Kirby Landing Lake Greeson the 12th or 13th of April. As usual we plan to get there a bit early to start getting ready for others to arrive as their schedules permit. I think that we would like to camp at or near to where we were last year. Our plan is to spend in the neighborhood of three weeks there so that folks can come and go as they need to.

Everybody please feel free to call me at 479.243.5450 to visit and talk about jugfest2011.

I have talked to Pete and I think he and Oscar will probably get there a little early also.

It looks like the full moon and baitfish spawn will occour around the 18th of April.

• Moderators

Lake Greeson Trivia:

While Visiting Lake Greeson you will find:

102 Picnic sites

416 Camping sites

Houseboat Rentals

Playgrounds

6 Swimming areas

Hiking and RTV Trails

Fishing docks

10 Boat ramps

Marinas

Boat slips

Motels and other Places to Stay.

Lake Greeson Real Estate Information

Facts about Lake Greeson.

16,135 acre project with over 15,000 acres forested.

134 miles of shoreline

150 ft. at deepest level

60 ft. in much of river channel.

Average depth of 40 ft.

12 miles in length.

Narrows Dam includes three 8,500kw generators.

Located on the Little Missouri River in southwest Arkansas.

Early 1900’s Martin Greeson began pursuing the idea of controlling flooding on the Little Missouri River.

Authorized by the Flood Control Act of 1941, construction of Narrows Dam began April 1947.

1950 – Completion of Narrows Dam.

1951 – Narrows Dam was dedicated.

Only all-concrete dam in the Vicksburg District.

15 recreation areas, 416 campsites, 10 boat ramps, 6 swimming beaches, and 3 pavilions.

• Moderators

I talked by phone with Allan of the Off Road Camping Club. The off road camping club will be well represented at this year's Jugfest2011 . Most will remember Allan and Chris's great tent trax pulled behind such a sharp Jeep. Their campsite is always a real eye catcher.

• Moderators

Talked with Steve and Tali by Skype Video call last night. She's doing well after surgery and they are expecting a new grandbaby around jugfest time so she may miss it. Steve and a Casita friend from Tupelo will be there though.

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators

Well, looks like we're almost to the new Jugfest---2012

What are the new plans?

Hope you and Betty are doing well!

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderator+

Hi Sherry and Paul,

Hope everything is going well for you two. We are starting to make plans for the traveling season. I don't know if Larry will see your post. The last time he was on the forum was Thu Nov 10, 2011 @ 11:01 pm. I did talk to him a month or so ago. They were ify about a Jugfest this year, siting lack of interest. Don't know if that's changed. I've talked to a few others, they said they didn't plan to go. We might go if it happens.

Steve

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg