Spare tire..loose

Mainiac

Took the spare tire cover off to polish ( just easier). Checked the bar/ring that holds the spare tire on. It was loose. Took two full turns to snug it up. I know I looked at it last Spring and it was tight. We have added this to our Spring "wake-up" list...

• Like 3

If the tire loses air from a slow leak that ring will get loose, it is the rubber sidewall pressing against the hull that keeps it from moving. (A pretty stupid engineering decision,)  When did you last check the pressure? If you add an extension hose you can easily check it without disturbing the wheel or the cover, if you route the end out the bottom of the cover 

899CE314-4E92-4CD0-911F-4B01CEDB45F2.thumb.jpeg.ab86e9a4c1a1de8535b2ca9b0fd0fc43.jpeg
John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.