Intermittent humming

John Welte

Hi all or hi y'all, we picked up #1290 on Monday and we're at David Crockett plugged in to shore power.  Every half hour or so there's a 10 second humming from something turning on or off.  Refrigerator?  Converter?  It's from the middle of the trailer.  Any ideas.  I am sure it's normal and it's not very loud.  TIA

John

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

Do you have the Truma hot water heater?  If so, in normal operating mode it will cycle on and off to have hot water immediately at the ready.   Not very loud but just enough to be annoying.   We hated hearing that at night while trying to sleep, so putting the Truma in ECO mode stops that cycling but it takes a little longer to get hot water flowing. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, Mark Patricia said:

We get a little noise from under the seat closest to the pantry. It is a exhaust fan that keeps components vented. It cycles on and off.  It annoys me.

That might be from the Xantrek inverter when it's charging the batteries.

• Thanks 1

2021 Oliver Legacy Elite II - Hull #854
2021 Ford Expedition Platinum

13 hours ago, Frank C said:

Do you have the Truma hot water heater?  If so, in normal operating mode it will cycle on and off to have hot water immediately at the ready.   Not very loud but just enough to be annoying.   We hated hearing that at night while trying to sleep, so putting the Truma in ECO mode stops that cycling but it takes a little longer to get hot water flowing. 

We do have the Truma package with the hot water heater.  I have it set on comfort now.  I just was wondering what the sound was.  Thanks.

John

• Like 1

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Mark Patricia said:

We get a little noise from under the seat closest to the pantry. It is a exhaust fan that keeps components vented. It cycles on and off.  It annoys me.

I think it must be the Truma hot water heater.  I may try it on Eco tonight.  It comes from that area and not the pantry area.

John

• Like 1

spacer.png