Bathroom Heat Duct Flow

Hokieman

The inadequate flow to the bathroom vent in the LE2 has been discussed many times, along with some possible solutions.   Just to be sure I did not have a kink, I went poking around under the front dinette seat taking pics in the bilge.  I discovered loops of flex duct hose, possibly it may be pinched.   Surely this restricts the flow somewhat, but how to straighten it out?   I could remove the panel under the bath sink, and try to gently tug on it to get the kinks out.    I’m concerned I will tear the hose, and it does not look easy to get to for repair under that floor.  I’ve got a Service Ticket in to ask, but I thought I’d check here to see if anyone has noticed a similar problem. 

99C14D22-93E4-400C-A547-944B2F57FBD6.jpeg

• Wow 3

“Ramble” - 2021 Legacy Elite II #797;  2020 Ford F-250

I think you should open up the bath vanity and check to see if the duct is even connected. Seems to me there's a possibility that the excess was never routed through the vanity and just left laying loose under the shower pan. You can also take a flashlight and look through the bath vent to see if the duct is connected to it, but the issue will ultimately have to be addressed from inside the vanity. There isn't any access to that duct section from under the curbside bunk.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, bhncb said:

I think you should open up the bath vanity and check to see if the duct is even connected.

Good suggestion, but I’ve been inside the vanity before, the duct is connected.  I did not know about these loops or I would have addressed it then.   I’ll wait until Service gets back to me before I dive in there again.  I’m hoping I can just pull it gently and uncoil it, then cut off the excess.   If it tears underneath the floor, I want it to be Oliver’s  problem.   When I do open up the vanity again, I’m going to implement this mod.  And I will let all know what Service advises.    I made this post so that others might want to check their duct work.  It’s not in a place you’d see unless you go looking for it.  I’m learning to explore all unseen areas when possible.  

Bathroom Vanity Cubby Mod

A64F5300-18D3-41E3-A46A-16DAB583705C.jpeg

Update:  Mike Sharpe at Service got back to my service ticket promptly.  He’s going to go out on production line tomorrow morning to see if he can come up with best way to get it straightened out.  I’ve found a few flaws with my Oliver, nothing major.   The response and solutions from their Service Dept. are outstanding, It’s one of the best companies I’ve ever done business with.

• Like 8

• 1 month later...
On 11/9/2022 at 5:44 PM, Hokieman said:

I made this post so that others might want to check their duct work.  It’s not in a place you’d see unless you go looking for it.  I’m learning to explore all unseen areas when possible.  

Update:   Service got back to me awhile ago and agreed this was a problem that occurred during assembly.  They gave me the option of bringing it to the factory when convenient, or giving it a try myself.    They requested pictures of the interior so they could alert Quality Control.  I opted to try myself, as a factory visit isn’t in the plans.   I opened up the bath vanity, and disconnected the duct from the bath vent.   I gently  tugged and twisted the duct, stopping to take pics frequently by leaning down into the dinette locker space and under the floor.   Eventually I was able to get it untwisted.   I sent service the pics and advised them to close the ticket.   This may be a one of a kind issue, but then again, perhaps not.  

074B5D85-B7EE-46ED-BCF8-61C80E0C6AEB.jpeg

C3BF2601-2EBD-4567-B508-CBA82AB818FA.jpeg

A54F4B44-E4E9-4191-B092-9A36975ED968.jpeg

3DDD9239-D266-42E8-98FD-1D283B215592.jpeg

• Thanks 2
  • Like 5

A back awhile ago we installed a vent high up in the bathroom wall. We installed it up there so no shower water could get to it. It improved to air flow greatly from the bathroom register as there was no way for the air to get to the return vent, with the door closed. As you can see from the candle flame the air moves freely now. A bonus was that the bathroom vent no longer had to struggle to get air to vent if the window was closed. We do have the heat register under the standard vent almost completely closed...

20200304_134458_Film4.jpg

20200304_135434_Film4.jpg

20200304_134633_Film4.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mainiac said:

Was there any problems, or concerns, in reattaching the front of the vanity? What did you use to remove the old caulking? And what product did you use when you put it back on?

I didn’t re-install it yet, still working on it.   Since this is the second time I have had to go inside the vanity,  I’m planning on implementing this mod from Frank C .

Bath Vanity Cubby Mod

It was easy to remove.   Pop off 4 plastic caps, remove 4 screws.   Use a box cutter knife to carefully slice the caulk.  I used plastic razor blades to scrape off the old caulk.   

2 hours ago, Mainiac said:

A back awhile ago we installed a vent high up in the bathroom wall.

Yes I recall you posting this mod, and I like it, it’s on my potential mods list.    In our case, a vent  would be redundant most of the time,  as the door is usually propped open except when we are in there.   We have 2 Labrador Retrievers and their water bowl is kept in the shower pan as they are sloppy drinkers.    We use a micro fiber towel to wipe up after them before we go in there.