Trailer Dolly

Chris and Lisa

We are considering purchasing a trailer dolly (The Trailer Vallet EX) to help maneuver our Ollie in our drive way.  We just need to pivot the Oliver around to face out.  Our driveway is long, curved and on a hill so it is very difficult to back in.  The actual parking area is flat.  Any experience with such a dolly or suggestions? 

Thanks!

IMG_7587.thumb.jpeg.9d23e68fdc70876ef18c60e9b8a62fb8.jpegChris and Lisa

2022 Oliver Elite II; Hull #1191; TV-2019 Toyota Tundra

Other Trailer: Camp-Inn 550 Teardrop

"Pivoting" a heavy multi-axle trailer on pavement with a mover is nearly impossible because trailer tire drag will overwhelm the mover's traction ability.  Unless your flat area is large enough to make multiple gradual turns, you're going to need a much more involved solution than the Trailer Valet.

Do not consider any mover lacking the capability to control and temporality lock the trailer brakes.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Chris and Lisa said:

Our driveway is long, curved and on a hill so it is very difficult to back in.

Consider pushing it up your driveway with a front mounted receiver hitch.  A rear camera on the trailer will help.   Perhaps you have a friend with a front receiver and you could try it.  

Front Receiver Hitch

“Ramble” - 2021 Legacy Elite II #797;  2020 Ford F-250

I had a base model Parkit360, not the same as the Trailer Vallet EX, but similar.  Wouldn’t come close to working in my situation.  Next I bought a front mount hitch for our Land Cruiser and was much more happy with the arrangement.   Very maneuverable with the steering wheels being so close to the hitch.  And much less expensive than any of the mechanical or electric trailer movers.  Consider a front mount hitch, it mounts with just four bolts and other than the weight, it unbolts when you don’t need it pretty easily.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2013 Toyota Land Cruiser 200

2018 Twin Bed Elite II #351

14 hours ago, KenB said:

I bought a front mount hitch for our Land Cruiser

Curt #31198? That's the only front mount I've found for the LC. Thanks!

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

• Moderator+
16 hours ago, Chris and Lisa said:

We are considering purchasing a trailer dolly (The Trailer Vallet EX) to help maneuver our Ollie in our drive way.  We just need to pivot the Oliver around to face out.  Our driveway is long, curved and on a hill so it is very difficult to back in.  The actual parking area is flat.  Any experience with such a dolly or suggestions? 

Thanks!

Please don't waste your money. This has been the subject of many posts through the years. I've never seen one that was positive. Your best bet is a front receiver on your tow vehicle.  I've used them on the last 5 vehicles and I promise you that you can put that trailer anywhere you want to,

• Like 2

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• Moderators
3 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

Please don't waste your money. This has been the subject of many posts through the years. I've never seen one that was positive. Your best bet is a front receiver on your tow vehicle.  I've used them on the last 5 vehicles and I promise you that you can put that trailer anywhere you want to,

We have two electric  trailer dollies and a manual dolly. They're sketchy for even  the lighter weight Elite. 

On anything but flat pavement,  I'm holding my breath. They both work well, however, for smaller boat trailers 

I'm with Steve. Nothing we own would work (safely) with an Elite II. Marginal with an Elite I. 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

On 11/13/2022 at 10:40 AM, Steve and Deb said:

Curt #31198? That's the only front mount I've found for the LC. Thanks!

The attached photo is the only markings on the hitch.  In order to make it fit, you’ll need to trim a little of the plastic around the front recovery points.  DON'T drive off-road with this particular hitch in place.  It rides too low.  On pavement it’d barely be okay. I forgot it was there when going down a logging road once while bird hunting.  I came over a rise that quickly dropped down into a deep hole on the other side.  The front hitch caught the far edge of the hole and face planted the whole rig.  The guns, gear, and hot coffee from friends in the backseat all ended up in the front seat.  A couple of dollars at the car wash and a high pressure hose wasn’t enough to clean up the muddy mess under the truck.  I had to put it on a lift at work and remove all the front skid plates to clean out all of the impacted mud.  Fortunately nothing was bent or broke. 

This past year I came into a small three cylinder diesel tractor with a front end loader.  It’s got a spot for a hitch ball on the edge of the bucket.  I’m going to use the tractor, bucket, and ball to place the trailer in its tight winter resting spot under the back garage car port once I quit ruffed grouse hunting in a few weeks.  With the super short wheelbase, it should make it even easier than the front hitch on the Land Cruiser.  

32AB0F47-117F-419D-B07B-AA77D24868F6.jpeg

• Thanks 1

2013 Toyota Land Cruiser 200

2018 Twin Bed Elite II #351

27 minutes ago, KenB said:

The attached photo is the only markings on the hitch.

Thanks for the heads up Ken. From the Etrailer photos on the Tundra and Sequoia it looked pretty tucked underneath. I don’t have my trailer yet, and not sure where I’m going to park it at this point, either. So I may not need one anyway. 

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

We purchased a three point  (1000#) tongue weight dolly (manual) just to move Ollie II on level concrete-floored barn .   It torqued and collapsed during first attempt to move the Ollie II over just two feet.  Returned it!

Charlie

ALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMA

Arizona | 2020 Oliver Elite II Twin bed Hull #617 | 2021 Ram 1500 e-Hemi 4x4