Pathway lights inside

jam49

I looked at the lights to see what type of bulb I should buy to have a spare. (I am taking inventory and listing every bulb, location, and type I can find in Revilo so I can have spares on hand.) I did not figure out how to take off the cover on these lights.

Also, when the electrician was at our house he said that the enclosed globe I had above the kitchen sink keeps the heat in and burns out the light way quicker than if the lightbulb wasn't covered. (I took the globe off.)

I accidentally touched the halogen lightbulb - OUCH!

Does the enclosed halogen bulb burn out quicker because of the heat? Just wonderin

I believe the pathway lights (like the matching outside lights) are LED and so the bulbs are unlikely to be replaceable and you would need to just replace the entire fixture. I thought I had seen those lights in the SeaDog online catalog, but now I can't seem to find them there.

I did find this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Directed-Courtesy-Lights-stainless-LED/dp/B0015G7OR0

• Moderators

We haven't had any pathway lights fail, since we rarely use them.

In your house, a halogen in an enclosed, or even semi-enclosed space is likely to cause problems with heat.

You may want to look for a cfl or led replacement at home.

Carrying a spare for one pathway light would not work for me... too many lights, too few uses. We never turn them on because the light cast is too bright for the other person who is (hopefully) still asleep.

It's great to hear from you again. Are you coming east or north someday?

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Hi Sherry,

I don't use the pathway lights much either. It does look like the whole light fixture would need to be replaced if the light goes out and why spend 30 bucks for a replacement to sit in a drawer.

I think I have turned goofy about my travel trailer. I want to know every detail possible so that I can take the very best care of it that I can. It is such a joy. Every morning on my way to work I peek in the door to think about what I am going to fix up next and also dream I was taking Revilo somewhere. I am fortunate to be able to park Revilo out the garage door since we live in the country.

I would love to come east and north someday - especially now that I would have somebody to visit. I just hope the possibility exists in the future with the price of gas continuing to rise.

Anybody seen an electric tow vehicle??? Jennifer

Take care, Jennifer

• Moderators

Jennifer,

I think you're wise to look into every system while you have the time. It's how we all learned.

Please do pm if you ever travel our way.

Sherry

PS I still would look into replacing the household light with a compatible cfl or led. We replaced all of our kitchen lights (recessed cans, quite a few...) with cfls, and it's quite nice. No heat, and though they burn a bit orange-ey at the beginning, it's a nice warm light (as advertised on the package) when warm.

These lights are not on a dimmer, so a standard, relatively inexpensive cfl is adequate.

S.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

We haven't had any pathway lights fail, since we rarely use them.

And if they are LED, they (should be) rated at 50,000+ hours, so that's a lot of time (5.7 years) using them.

It's great to hear from you again. Are you coming east or north someday?

Someday I hope, no definite plans at the moment. Do need to make some though.