Chance of seeing an Oliver

DCKiefer

8We are traveling east bound through Texas today, when east of Austin we spot an Oliver going west. That got me thinking about the chances of seeing one, much less two. The best I can come up with is this. With 8.2 million RV owners and approximately 60 Olivers, your chances of seeing one is about 1 in 137,000.

By they way, whose Oliver has the big gold graphics?

• Moderators

It's always a big surprise to see another Ollie. That means Austin had 3 Ollies pass through today. Oscar & I were northbound on I-35, passing through about noon! Chuck & Geri's trailer had a custom thin gold graphic going down the side. Its new owner lives in Canada. Perhaps he's been down south avoiding all that scary white stuff that's all over the ground back home.

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

I remember seeing an Oliver with gold stripes I think at Hillapalooza or maybe Bluebonnet Casita rally but the Oliver owners that were at the rallies were all from Texas. I know that there are 5 Oliver owners scattered around Texas.

8We are traveling east bound through Texas today, when east of Austin we spot an Oliver going west. That got me thinking about the chances of seeing one, much less two. The best I can come up with is this. With 8.2 million RV owners and approximately 60 Olivers, your chances of seeing one is about 1 in 137,000.

By they way, whose Oliver has the big gold graphics?

Mystery solved! It was Dave and Helen on their way to west Texas. Helen said Dave flashed his lights but

didn't know if you saw the lights. They did see you and wondered who that was. How much fun it would have been if we all could have met for a few minutes in Austin if we had of known each was going to be passing through. Take care and next time you come to Texas let us know. jam49

Jennifer was right! Helen and I are heading for Big Bend for a couple of weeks before returning for the Bluebonnet rally. Tonight however we are overnighting in Marathon and the road west (Hwy 90), just outside our window, was closed about an hour ago because of the wild fires in and around Fort Davis. We had intended to spend fives days in Fort Davis State Park. There may be some serious change of plan! We'll see.

More to come.

Wow, guess the stars where in allignment for that many Olivers to be so close on the same day. Now that I know Texas is so popular I'll post something next year before we come through. We where heading home to Florida after taking a trip to Tuscon. We spent a couple of days in Ft. Davis both ways. We really love west Texas and have started scoutting for retirement property in the Ft. Davis and Alpine area. Hope to one day meet any or all of you.

Paul & Delores Kiefer

Ok then. Inquiring minds want to know if that was yall going away from Austin on IH 35 driving a Honda Ridgeline pulling an Oliver on Thursday as Karen and Tom were going to Austin????

If it wasn't yall who is this mysterious Oliver owner?? This is just too much fun communicating online with the different Oliver owners and then actually meeting them in person!

I guess yall heard the bad news about the wildfires in west Texas at Ft. Davis and other areas in west Texas.

Hopefully, Texas will get rain yesterday because it is so dry here. Glad yall made it home safe.

Delores and I were heading east out of Austin, with FJ Cruiser pulling.

Yes, we have been following the news on the fires and were wondering if any of the properties we looked at were involved. NASA had some pretty impressive satelite pics and you could see where it really just skirted right around Ft. Davis.