Natures head fan has no power

cc121

I checked the fan power connector with a multi meter and it has no power. I can’t find the fuse and it’s not labeled on the fuse panel. Does anyone know where that fuse might be located?

A service post said it’s either inline or labeled on the panel but I see neither. 

According. to the 2021 owner's manual, the fuse for the toilet is supposed to be a 2 amp slow-blow.  Since it's located in the same general area under the streetside bunk as the 1 amp blade fuse for the LP/Co2 detector,  be sure you've got the correct one.  The slow-blow for the toilet will likely be a glass tube style with a a green wire whereas the 1 amp for the detector is a blade style with a blue wire. The difference style fuse holders should be quite obvious. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Have you ever removed the toilet for cleaning and removed the fan in the process? The interior connection between wire and fan (i.e., the fan connection closest to the business portion of the toilet), in my experience, is prone to  corrosion and is sensitive to movement when removing for cleaning.  Perhaps not the first place to look, but something to keep in mind.

2021 Oliver LE2
Ram 2500 diesel

See the May 16, 2022 post here about the fan wires and corrosion. If there are any signs of green nasty crud, ask for a new pair of fan assemblies, they are happy to send two!

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/forums/topic/1978-nature039s-head-composting-toilet-installation-in-an-oliver-big-thread/page/5/

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

3 hours ago, cc121 said:

I did find a 1 amp fuse there and replaced it with a 3 but still no power.

Apologies, I responded hastily without thinking.   That 1A blade fuse is for the LPCO monitor.   Please take the 3A fuse out and put the 1A fuse back in there, I assume it was not blown.   Bhnbc is correct, it’s a 2A slow blow glass fuse.  My previous response was edited and photo replaced.  I just sent you a PM to draw your attention to it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

“Ramble” - 2021 Legacy Elite II #797;  2020 Ford F-250

3 hours ago, bhncb said:

According. to the 2021 owner's manual, the fuse for the toilet is supposed to be a 2 amp slow-blow.  Since it's located in the same general area under the streetside bunk as the 1 amp blade fuse for the LP/Co2 detector,  be sure you've got the correct one.  The slow-blow for the toilet will likely be a glass tube style with a a green wire whereas the 1 amp for the detector is a blade style with a blue wire. The difference style fuse holders should be quite obvious. 

I’ll look for that one thanks!

2 hours ago, Fritz said:

Have you ever removed the toilet for cleaning and removed the fan in the process? The interior connection between wire and fan (i.e., the fan connection closest to the business portion of the toilet), in my experience, is prone to  corrosion and is sensitive to movement when removing for cleaning.  Perhaps not the first place to look, but something to keep in mind.

No, it’s new and I did check for power on the dc wire that comes out of the wall and there’s nothing on it. 

24 minutes ago, Hokieman said:

Apologies, I responded hastily without thinking.   That 1A blade fuse is for the LPCO monitor.   Please take the 3A fuse out and put the 1A fuse back in there, I assume it was not blown.   Bhnbc is correct, it’s a 2A slow blow glass fuse.  My previous response was edited and photo removed.  I just sent you a PM to draw your attention to it. 

No worries, when I saw that the 1 amp fuse wasn’t blown I went ahead and replaced it. 

• Like 1

Thank you for the tips I was able to locate it. I didn’t see it at first as it was hidden in the black tubing. Knowing what to look for made the difference. Thanks so much it now works! I was wondering why the toilet wasn’t smelling great and that should solve it. 

• Like 1

Glad to hear that’s all it was.   You might want to contact Natures Head anyway when you get a chance.   I called them to order a spare fan, and they sent me two of them at no charge, just as they did for John Davies. 

• Like 3

“Ramble” - 2021 Legacy Elite II #797;  2020 Ford F-250

13 minutes ago, Hokieman said:

Glad to hear that’s all it was.   You might want to contact Natures Head anyway when you get a chance.   I called them to order a spare fan, and they sent me two of them at no charge, just as they did for John Davies. 

Great idea thanks!

• Like 2

On 11/28/2022 at 12:09 AM, cc121 said:

Great idea thanks!

It's absolutely worth having a spare fan standing by.  I've received two from them as well and already had to replace the original.  Couldn't be easier to due and fully understandable as to why these little fans, running 24 hours a day, would eventually burn out.  I sometimes run the fan for a few days when returning from a trip if I am not replacing the medium.  Have noticed that if it is dry out, the medium itself does dry and some fine coir dust is pulled through the fan and deposited into the translucent exhust tube.  I'd bet tht dust does not make the fan too happy.  Will hit the fan with air from my travel compressor when changing medium in the future to minimize this problem 

• Like 2

SOLD:  2021 Elite 2, Twin Bed, Lithium & Solar, 3000W Inverter

SOLD:  2022 Ford F150, 3.5L V6 EcoBoost, 4x4 Supercab, Trailer Tow Package