Lithionics Lithium Batteries; RVC or LVC state-of charge status?

Gliddenwoods

I recently had a ceramic coating applied to my Oliver. Because of cold and wet (Wisconsin) Fall weather we made a decision to leave the trailer in the ceramic owner's garage (heated & dry) for a bit over another week and a half to insure good ceramic curing time before the hour drive back to my heated garage. Because the original plan was for a much short stay in his business garage I did not turn off my batteries (as in "short term storage") as recommended by Lithionics.

When I went I to bring my Oliver home the lithium batteries' discharge current had been disabled by the "BMS Function". There are two BMS functions which will disable the Lithionics Lithium batteries; "Reserve Voltage Cutoff" (RVC) and Low Voltage Cutoff" (LVC). See page 183 of the 2022 "Optional Features Component Manuals" which is page 9 of 11 of the Lithionics Lithium Batteries manual to read the explanations of RVC and LVC.

So.....my question to those who are better informed than me is how does one determine whether the batteries are in RVC or LVC? Both BMS function disable the current discharge so the situation appears the same. However depending on RVC or LVC how to address the situation is different. So, restating my question with a battery with the current discharge disable how does ine determine RVC or LVC?

Thanks.

2022 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull 1242, 9/26/22

Lithium Platinum Power/Solar Package

Tow with Supercrew Cab 2019 F-150 4 x4, 5.0L 4-Valve V8 with 3.73 axle ratio & 157" wheelbase.

F-150 GCWR of 16,900 lbs with maximum load trailer of 11,500 lbs.

I don’t know… But you might begin by checking the voltage in each battery with the Lithionics app. In my experience, the voltage recovers somewhat after the load has stopped. This might tell you if the battery voltages are in the LVC or RVC range.

• Thanks 1

2021 Oliver LE2
Ram 2500 diesel

• 2 months later...

Tim W   I resolved this by reading and better understanding. The RVC is the first step when the battery shuts down because it has discharge to a low state. However the "R" is for "reserve" which means the batteries still have enough charge to do some tasks to get you going; such as raise the three jacks. You just need to push the on buttons on the batteries to access the "reserve". The LVC is an even lower charge than the RVC and means the batteries are done until recharged again. The RVC saves you & the LVC means show over.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2022 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull 1242, 9/26/22

Lithium Platinum Power/Solar Package

Tow with Supercrew Cab 2019 F-150 4 x4, 5.0L 4-Valve V8 with 3.73 axle ratio & 157" wheelbase.

F-150 GCWR of 16,900 lbs with maximum load trailer of 11,500 lbs.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the Lithium Pro package with three Lithionics 12V130A-G31-LRBM8 batteries in my 2021 LE2. When I spoke to a Lithionics tech to clarify a question I had before performing the first 6-month discharge-charge procedure, he said it was fine to only discharge the batteries to RVC, not LVC as the manual states.

I opted to disregard his advice and follow the instructions in the manual. I keep screen shots of the Bluetooth app to document battery conditions over time, for warranty purposes should a problem arise. I'm curious to know if anyone else with Lithionics batteries have received tech advice that contradicts written procedure.

2021 Legacy Elite 2 Twin Bed | Hull Number 894 (9/16/21 delivery) | Ram 1500 Longhorn 4x4 3.0L EcoDiesel 3.92 axleAZARCAIDMTNVNMORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg