Photos Interior of Oliver Elite II with People

MickeyMouseCamper

Hi Everyone-

We are getting ready to purchase an Oliver Elite II.  We are purchasing this sight unseen, but have done our homework with regards to the Oliver.

I have seen plenty of pictures of the exterior, but not one (maybe I'm looking in the wrong place) of people on the inside of the trailer.  I've seen loads of the empty interior photos, but not with people actually in it.  I'm trying to get a sense of the space with people inside.

If anyone has any interior photos with people in it you'd like to share, I would really appreciate seeing them!

Thanks in advance-

Kate-Delaware

• Like 5

• Moderators
2 hours ago, MickeyMouseCamper said:

We are getting ready to purchase an Oliver Elite II.  We are purchasing this sight unseen, but have done our homework with regards to the Oliver.

Please do try to arrange a visit with an E2 owner. 

It's not as hard as it used to be, back in the day. Just call the sales office, and they'll likely find someone within a hundred miles or so.  Definitely worth a day trip. (And, we've made lifelong friends,  showing our Elite 1. )

Back in 2008, Hohenwald was the only option. Not so, anymore.

• Like 4

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I agree with SeaDawg on the visit. I had Oliver set up a visit with a wonderful couple actually about two and half years before we put our deposit down. It confirmed to us that this was the right travel trailer for us. We waited to get the order in and that was the only thing I wish I had back, could of been enjoying it longer.

This pic is from our pickup week in July, enjoying lunch inside since the heat index was over 100 in northern Mississippi in late July.

878398830_oliver6.jpg.645fcb79fcb8dddd8cac707b6d7af0a8.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Vincent, Ohio | 2022 Elite ll, Hull #1182, 2014 Ford F150 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Towing PKG

ALKYMSOHTNWVsm.jpg

• Moderators
11 hours ago, Bill and Nancy said:

My wife is going to kill me for posting these but it won’t be the first time.

Death isn't all that bad - once you get used to it.😁

• Haha 7
  • Wow 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

1 hour ago, MickeyMouseCamper said:

Thanks everyone for the pictures-helping with my perspective!

Kate

I am 6'2", 200 pounds and it feels spacious to me.  Plenty of headroom and the bed doesn't feel cramped in the twin bed model.  It looks small from the outside, but not inside.  My standard mirrors on my 2017 Ford Expedition allows me to see the traffic as the trailer is the same width.  I bought the back up camera for the trailer and that can be left on to see behind you while driving.  It's more like a wide angle view, so don't expect the same view as you might have with your rear view mirror.  After driving 2500 miles back home, I mostly just used my Ford side mirrors, but would check if anything was directly in back of me with the trailer camera.  No pictures of the inside showing people which was your forum post request, but just my observation after a long trip back.

John

• Like 2

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

Hello, I have made several videos “Oliver Series” that show me inside the Oliver. Here is just one I did about bedding. Should help give you some perspective. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

image.thumb.jpeg.4ddbe5b6c3cda18c5f1f6184a72921c2.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5

2022 Elite II, Hull #1097  Elli Rose 🌹 and she has the solar panels with the 390Ah lithium batteries.  Our tow vehicle is a 2019 Ford Lariat F-150 4wd, 3.5L Eco-boost, 3.55 rear end, with the Max tow package.  Elli Rose also has the street side awning and several walnut and cherry mods on the inside.

TravelMap.png.b89ef2d7bc27b1ea3b58f831ca5bd799.png

4 minutes ago, John Welte said:

I am 6'2", 200 pounds and it feels spacious to me.  Plenty of headroom and the bed doesn't feel cramped in the twin bed model.  It looks small from the outside, but not inside.  My standard mirrors on my 2017 Ford Expedition allows me to see the traffic as the trailer is the same width.  I bought the back up camera for the trailer and that can be left on to see behind you while driving.  It's more like a wide angle view, so don't expect the same view as you might have with your rear view mirror.  After driving 2500 miles back home, I mostly just used my Ford side mirrors, but would check if anything was directly in back of me with the trailer camera.  No pictures of the inside showing people which was your forum post request, but just my observation after a long trip back.

John

John, you and I have about the same build. My big concern and probably the Op's is how I would fit and feel inside the Ollie. Most travel trailers are a close fit for anyone over 6ft. At 6'2" many travel trailers just clear the top of my head and overhead items like AC, vent and doorways often come in contact. It was and is refreshing that the E2 doesn't have that problem and with the bright interior it just feels more spacious. With our visit the other day to finalize our order details I finally put it all to rest as far as fit and comfort. The beds are perfect for both of us, the dinette works just fine and like you said the overall size of the trailer is still sized for easy travels down the road. The bath is a little tight but I've never camped out in the bath much and this will be conducive to conserving water during showers. In and out quick. The term I would use to describe the inside of the LE2 is cozy and comfortable.  

• Like 6

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

57 minutes ago, Dave and Kimberly said:

That looks like Foy's table top.  What size did you get?  How is it working out?

John 

• Like 2

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

2 hours ago, John Welte said:

John

John we have a GMC Diesel Canyon  it was very easy to tow no problem at all. Altho I do find the mirrors a little small especially vertical, its hard to see the curb and side of the trailer at the same time I constantly re adjust them while backing up. I was wondering what back up camera do you have is it the one offered by Oliver?

Thanks Bill

• Like 2

Bill & Nancy 

Holland MA
2022 Elite II  Hull #1265
2022 GMC Diesel Canyon

MDMANCTNsm.jpg

18 minutes ago, Bill and Nancy said:

John we have a GMC Diesel Canyon  it was very easy to tow no problem at all. Altho I do find the mirrors a little small especially vertical, its hard to see the curb and side of the trailer at the same time I constantly re adjust them while backing up. I was wondering what back up camera do you have is it the one offered by Oliver?

Thanks Bill

Bill, yes, it's the Furrion camera.  I went with that as OTT installs it.  I don't know if it's the best on the market, but it works ok.  At night the camera picks up glare from the three red lights at the base of the red Oliver sign making it hard to see.  I don't know if there's a camera system that replicates the rear view mirror quality of vision.  For my purposes, the camera works ok.

John

• Like 2

spacer.png

24 minutes ago, John Welte said:

Bill, yes, it's the Furrion camera.  I went with that as OTT installs it.  I don't know if it's the best on the market, but it works ok.  At night the camera picks up glare from the three red lights at the base of the red Oliver sign making it hard to see.  I don't know if there's a camera system that replicates the rear view mirror quality of vision.  For my purposes, the camera works ok.

John

I thought it was kind of expensive from OTT and there are a lot on the market for less than 1/2. I didn't think it would be necessary but after getting off the wrong exit on the way home and ended up in the Bronx NY I wish I had one. By the way I crossed the George Washington  bridge and the toll was $72.00 Yup you read it right $72.00  There is a guy and wife on youtube called fit RV and he does a ton of  modifications to his camper. I know that he installed a back up camera basically to replace his rear view mirror. I will have to watch it again to see what he used.

Bill

IMG_8123.jpg

• Wow 5

Bill & Nancy 

Holland MA
2022 GMC Diesel Canyon

MDMANCTNsm.jpg

4 minutes ago, Bill and Nancy said:

I thought it was kind of expensive from OTT and there are a lot on the market for less than 1/2. I didn't think it would be necessary but after getting off the wrong exit on the way home and ended up in the Bronx NY I wish I had one. By the way I crossed the George Washington  bridge and the toll was $72.00 Yup you read it right $72.00  There is a guy and wife on youtube called fit RV and he does a ton of  modifications to his camper. I know that he installed a back up camera basically to replace his rear view mirror. I will have to watch it again to see what he used.

Bill

IMG_8123.jpg

Bill,

That's the beauty of these campers.  They're built like a sailboat.  Next time you have to cross a river just float it across the water and rehook.  Our son lives in Australia so I need to outfit it with a propeller and take my time crossing the ocean.  

I dread going through a city.  On the way back to Oregon I avoided the cities by going around them.  That must have been a white knuckle experience for you.

I might add a better back up camera if it's like a rear view mirror.  Between the regular dash, the tire pressure monitoring system and the back up camera monitor it's beginning to look like a Boeing 777.  🛩️

John

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

spacer.png

Bill and Nancy:

Getting new wiring installed is the trickie part, if you  do not have a camera to start with,

Buying a new camera of course is cheaper as there is no labor involved. If OTT installed it, you have their warranty on the unit (as well as the manufacturer) and if there is a leak they would fix it (or have it fixed at their expense).

• Like 2

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

5 hours ago, Dave and Kimberly said:

Pump pliers to crack your lobsters open!  That's awesome!  Certainly triggers the saying "Necessity is the mother of invention". 

I really hope they didn't fall off of your butter tray and ding your beautiful table.  That would be absolutely tragic. 

I now know that we can have lobsters while traveling....because I, too, have Channel locks in my toolbox! 

Be honest - how long did it take for the smell to leave your camper Dave?!

• Like 3

ALCTKYMENHNYNCPATNVTVAWVsm.jpg2021 Elite 2 Hull # 832 "Bucket List"

2021 F250 7.3L Gas / 4.30 AR

1 hour ago, John Welte said:

Bill,

That's the beauty of these campers.  They're built like a sailboat.  Next time you have to cross a river just float it across the water and rehook.  Our son lives in Australia so I need to outfit it with a propeller and take my time crossing the ocean.  

I dread going through a city.  On the way back to Oregon I avoided the cities by going around them.  That must have been a white knuckle experience for you.

I might add a better back up camera if it's like a rear view mirror.  Between the regular dash, the tire pressure monitoring system and the back up camera monitor it's beginning to look like a Boeing 777.  🛩️

John

John look up fit RV on youtube the guy is crazy meticulous and does a good job with reviews about his installations. He did a whole episode about the back up camera and he uses it as a rear view mirror, I plan to watch it again when I get home tonight. I forget what it was its been a while since I watched it, it may not even work on an Oliver. He also does a real good job of explaining lithium Batteries. I think its one of the best explanations Ive seen from anyone. I suppose if Bar-tailed godwit can make the trip I guess you can do it in an Oliver.   

Bill

• Like 2

Bill & Nancy 

Holland MA
2022 GMC Diesel Canyon

MDMANCTNsm.jpg

6 hours ago, Bill and Nancy said:

I thought it was kind of expensive from OTT and there are a lot on the market for less than 1/2. I didn't think it would be necessary

I had the same reaction to Oliver's $800 price for the backup camera.  But then I thought through how I would run the wire between the hulls from the camera to the power switch, and whether I could feasibly install a power switch in the main switch panel, so the camera does not operate 24/7.

I am pretty handy, but we ultimately paid the premium to have Oliver install the backup camera in our Hull #1291 during the production process.  The work was nicely done.  We were glad to have it during our 2000+ mile trip home to Idaho.

• Like 3

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

8 hours ago, Bill and Nancy said:

Thanks Bill

Bill, we have a Canyon too.  Even before we owned our OE2, we replaced our mirrors with a pair from Clearview Mirrors USA.  They're a huge improvement over the original GMC mirrors, whether you're towing or not.

Steve

• Like 2

Steve H & Mary Allyn W

San Antonio, TX

2022 LE II Hull #969 "Un Œuf", 2021 MB Sprinter 3500 "Polly", 2016 GMC Canyon 2.8L diesel "Max"

51 minutes ago, Steve and MA said:

Bill, we have a Canyon too.  Even before we owned our OE2, we replaced our mirrors with a pair from Clearview Mirrors USA.  They're a huge improvement over the original GMC mirrors, whether you're towing or not.

Steve

Thanks for the information I will look into it. Do you have gas or diesel in your Canyon? The Diesel pulled way better than I expected we left Oliver and drove over the Smokies with no problem and the Jake brakes work very well. I was impressed to say the least. We got 28 mpg on the way down and about 20 pulling the trailer, it’s a good thing with Diesel at $6.00 a gallon.

• Like 3

Bill & Nancy 

Holland MA
2022 GMC Diesel Canyon

MDMANCTNsm.jpg

22 hours ago, John Welte said:

That looks like Foy's table top.  What size did you get?  How is it working out?

John 

The very first time I set in an Oliver... I thought the table felt a little bit "cramped"... so I made plans to make my own dinette table to "dress up the Oliver".     I make furniture so it wasn't a problem.   Imagine my surprise when later on, while waiting on ours to be delivered I saw where Foy makes them for many of the Oliver owners!     I made ours out of some select quarter-sawn walnut and put one of my favorite finishes on it which is pretty much bullet proof.   Taking some inspiration from the pictures of Foy's night stand and pantry... I had glued up some blanks for those as well... but we found that we liked the clean and bright look of the Oliver... so haven't implemented those ideas.   Then after our first trip I did see the wisdom (imitation is the best form of flattery right?) of the night stand organizer and the silverware tray.   I did ours with the cloud lifts which is also inspired by the Greene and Greene look.

I do think the "wider" dinette table is nice and as you can see it makes it bit easier to have a nice dinner.   I did not want to interfere with the ability to sit sideways with the cushion along the wall... so I didn't go any larger in that direction.

• Like 3

2022 Elite II, Hull #1097  Elli Rose 🌹 and she has the solar panels with the 390Ah lithium batteries.  Our tow vehicle is a 2019 Ford Lariat F-150 4wd, 3.5L Eco-boost, 3.55 rear end, with the Max tow package.  Elli Rose also has the street side awning and several walnut and cherry mods on the inside.

19 hours ago, connor77 said:

Pump pliers to crack your lobsters open!  That's awesome!  Certainly triggers the saying "Necessity is the mother of invention". 

I really hope they didn't fall off of your butter tray and ding your beautiful table.  That would be absolutely tragic. 

I now know that we can have lobsters while traveling....because I, too, have Channel locks in my toolbox! 

Be honest - how long did it take for the smell to leave your camper Dave?!

Yes, necessity is always the mother of invention!   As far as the table goes... it's pretty tough and it's made to be used.     We learned a trick from the locals (after paying close to a $100 each a few times) just for the two of us to have fresh lobster.  They said no one up there does that!!   They said go to the local grocery store where for $8.99lb we chose four lobsters out of a tank... they steamed them right there in the store while we were shopping for other things (like lots of butter)... took them back to the camper and had them along with some fresh corn on the cob.   As soon as dinner was finished they went right back out the door, in the same bag they came in.   The smell was gone within two days.   (just kidding... no smell right away 🙂 )

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3