Can't connect my Vizio tv

John Welte

I am slowly learning all the systems on #1290.  We have a new ORBI router that has a main router in the basement and two satellite routers that communicate with the main router.  We did a signal test inside the house and outside and there's a good strong signal now.  The Vizio TV recognizes that the ORBI is available but when I put the password in during TV set-up it doesn't connect.  No internet connection.  Anyone have an idea what needs to be done?  TIA

John

• Like 1

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

John, We had problems connecting our internet as well. We have a Verizon portable  MiFi unit which works great connecting to all our devices…except the tv! 
We never did get it to connect, it’s on our list of “things to figure out” for next camping season!🤔

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan 

1 hour ago, Katjo said:

John, We had problems connecting our internet as well. We have a Verizon portable  MiFi unit which works great connecting to all our devices…except the tv! 
We never did get it to connect, it’s on our list of “things to figure out” for next camping season!🤔

If I figure it out I will let you know what worked.

John

• Thanks 1

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

6 hours ago, Katjo said:

Google how to do a Vizio hard reset….not the power reset.

Worked for me.

Steve

• Thanks 3

47 minutes ago, SteveCr said:

Google how to do a Vizio hard reset….not the power reset.

Worked for me.

Steve

Steve, I was able to get the TV working by selecting smartcast from the input on the remote.  Now I am trying to figure out how to get the sound from the TV to be through the trailer speakers instead of from the TV speakers.  Big learning curve!

John

• Care 1

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Katjo said:

@John Welte Please do! Thank you 

Katjo, I used the remote, selected smartcast and I have tv now.  It was on other inputs.  The trailer had recognized that there was a WiFi connection, but it couldn't connect until I chose smartcast as the input.

John

• Thanks 2

spacer.png

16 minutes ago, John Welte said:

Katjo, I used the remote, selected smartcast and I have tv now.  It was on other inputs.  The trailer had recognized that there was a WiFi connection, but it couldn't connect until I chose smartcast as the input.

John

Thanks you John. I have screenshot your suggestion and will give it a try!😃

• Like 1

2021 Dodge Ram 1500 

2021 Oliver Elite ll 

Hull #732 

Michigan