Best Source for AGM Batteries - 2018 Elite

DonnaDuane

27 minutes ago, DonnaDuane said:

I live in Portland Oregon and need to get 2 new AGM Batteries for my 2018 Elite. Who should I buy them from? Store? Online? Oliver?

What group size battery?

What is most important, price, brand quality, warranty, or.....?

You're generally better off purchasing batteries. from a local source if all your criteria can be met.

For an online seller of top of the line Lifeline batteries however,  I'd recommend Fisheries Supply in Seattle.

• Like 1

• Moderators

AGM batteries are readily available from numerous sources, stores or on-line.  When purchasing your batteries, look for the most Amp Hours reserve that will fit within your battery compartment.  I've found that when you go above 100 or 110 Amp hours, the batteries become too large or heavy to be practical.  Check available reviews and warranty.

When I have had 12V issues and discovered one battery has deteriorated significantly and the other is taking up the slack, I have always replaced both batteries at the same time, figuring the only good battery might be reaching its useful life as well.

Measure the dimensions of your battery compartment.  My 2008 Elite's compartment works well with Group 27 batteries.

• Like 2

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

Thank you Bugeyedriver. I found online suppliers require purchase of 4-6 batteries to avoid $360 shipping charges, or they were sold out of the ones I need. 

I found a very local place that has several pallets full of the Lifelines that I’m replacing at about $70 less per battery than the online places. 

picking them up tomorrow. 

Duane

• Like 3

2018 Elite

TV - Audi Q5 3.0 TDI