Back Window

Dwain Kitchens

our rear window swings out and open unlike the other sliding windows in the trailer.

we have removed the window screen from the rear window to simplify getting out the rear window exit if the need arises

2016 Legacy Elite II, Twin Beds, Hull #124

Tow Vehicle: 2019 Ford F250 4x4  / Short Bed / Crew Cab / 6.7 Diesel

Fieldbrook, Ca

• Moderators
4 hours ago, taylor.coyote said:

our rear window swings out and open unlike the other sliding windows in the trailer.

Are you sure about this?

My 2016 - hull # 117 - does slide open like the other windows.  But, it also via the two red levers at either end can be opened as an emergency exit.

If your rear window does not function like the rest in the trailer then why did they put a screen in it in the first place?

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

wow, im sorry if i posted incorrect information. I assumed the two red handles were the only way my rear window opened. I had a seal issue with off road dirt coming. Swung it open add more foam to seal the dust leak.  Never have thought to side it open...  I'm very likely wrong about the window not having a sliding function.   

2016 Legacy Elite II, Twin Beds, Hull #124

Tow Vehicle: 2019 Ford F250 4x4  / Short Bed / Crew Cab / 6.7 Diesel

Fieldbrook, Ca

• Moderators

The early original Elites had an awning exit window , not a slider. 

If it's a slider, like new trailers, window, there's a vertical divider in the middle. If it's an awning window, no divider, just a big single pane. I  don't know the cutoff hull #. 

Either version is opening/operable whenever you wish.

The red handles are for emergency use. They push the whole window out for emergency  egress.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.